Swami Ramdev Ji Visiting Gurdwara In Birmingham

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Swami is follower of Arya Samaj and often has Dayanands picture in his TV programmes. Why is he being invited to a Gurdwara when his Guru said anti Sikh statements.

Dayanand, a Baniya Swami from Gujrat launched a movement called ARYA SAMAJ, which shunned Idol Worship but mocked Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind singh. Dayanand's ideals could be summed up in few words.

Dayanand made a grave mistake when he criticized Guru Nanak by calling him "a Fool". Arya Samaj was only successful in Punjab where many Punjabi Hindus converted to Arya Samaj. Thus sowing the seeds of future confrontation.

Instead of going on about this here why don’t you make your point to the organisers who are holding this event. Listen to what they have to say and them make up your minds.

All I see is an opportunity to see this guy when he comes to Birmingham, there’s nothing more or less to it. So he’s a Hindu, so what? Let him do his thing and you get on with yours, if your health is improving by what he says them good for you and if you don’t have time for him them good for you too.

How many of you have a ‘Panthic Amritdhari perfect Sikh’ doctor? You still go to him/her for treatment and that person maybe anything in their own time too.

We have to stop blaming others and their beliefs for the problems we face today. If we had more strength and a stronger belief in our Sikhi and Guru Sahib Ji Maharaaj nothing anyone says will sway you. Then even the biggest conman or debater won’t be able to sway you. We need to work on making ourselves stronger so that we can face and stand up to opposing forces and not have to try and shield and hide away from other people.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji travelled far and wide and debated with the best of various philosophies but as Guru Ji knew what they were on about no one was able to answer back to them.

I know a lot of people will just push my post aside and continue to push on with their views and agenda’s, but I really do think its time we learn to stand up for ourselves and be able to sit in the company of others without being scared of being brainwashed (I mean that’s what half of you have against this guy).

If you have faith in what you believe then no one can rock it.

Waheguru Ji.

I understand rss try and show us as hindus and this is wrong.

I think the danger is falling into these traps and being cleverly seen as hindus.

Its not that we hate hindus, we love all, its the fact that we are not hindu.

You are who you are and you cannot hide from that, so stand up and be counted for what you are.

Sikhs are peace loving, but they will speak up against injustice.

This is something rss and indian politicians and police have done to Sikhs, so it hurts when we pretend it didnt happen and dont pay attention to this.

Waheguru Ji.

I understand rss try and show us as hindus and this is wrong.

I think the danger is falling into these traps and being cleverly seen as hindus.

Its not that we hate hindus, we love all, its the fact that we are not hindu.

You are who you are and you cannot hide from that, so stand up and be counted for what you are.

Sikhs are peace loving, but they will speak up against injustice.

This is something rss and indian politicians and police have done to Sikhs, so it hurts when we pretend it didnt happen and dont pay attention to this.

guru nanak rejected jog and tanta quite simple really, but we noveau sikhs know better

Guest militant singh

He is a memeber of Arya Samaj an affiliate of the RSS,which states that Sikhs are Hindus. It was Arya Samaj which insulted the Sikh Gurus and caused the Sikhs to start the movement in the 70's and 80's.

Home > News > PTI

Ramdev supporters, CPM workers clash

January 05, 2006 14:07 IST

Supporters of Swami Ramdev clashed with Communist Party of India (Marxist) activists at the Left party office in New Delhi on Thursday prompting the police to resort to mild lathicharge.

Members of the Arya Samaj, raised slogans against CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat, who had claimed that medicine samples allegedly taken from the Swami's pharmacy contained animal parts, and burnt the effigy of the Left leader.

'Samples contained human, animal extracts'

As the Arya Samaj members, numbering about 40, gathered at the CPI(M) office near Gole Market, Left activists raised slogans denouncing the Swami. Both the sides pelted stones at each other following which police resorted to lathi charge to disperse the mob.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) Anita Roy said the situation was brought under control within a few minutes. Some Arya Samaj members have been detained by the police.

I COULD SMELL A RAT I KNEW IT

I think underlying all this is people who dislike the GNNSJ and they will critisize anything done by them.

So, here we have a person who is not going to the gurdwara but to another building and showing people how to improve their lifestyle by breathing excersices and postures, no harm in that. I am sure he has great respect for Guru Nanak Dev Ji also. But people who have an agenda against GNNSJ will take this opportunity to wage war against it, it is the Sikhi way, apparently. Jathabandies and groups have vested interests, rather we all try to get on together infighting is rife and people cannot see the wood for the trees.

This person happens to be Hindu, now we have the second group of Singhs who detest anything remotely to do with Hindus, so they also will start their nindhia.

Khalistan conferences are a different matter, things get extreamly political and very heated and if the Gurdwara does not wish to hold something like this then that is their progative, Sedgley Street Gurdwara is very much into this so they hold many conferences, others are not, so they do not.

Respect for Guru Sahib Ji is a very valid movement and if they approach the Gurdwara about meetings I do not see what the gurdwara can object to.

KHALISTAN IS ALSO A VALID MOVEMENT

Sadh Sangat Ji,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

Swami Ramdev Ji will be visiting Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha Soho Road Birmingham on 26th July 2006.

A workshop will be held at the newly built Nishkam Centre Birmingham

Further details will be posted shortly!

I phoned the Gurdwara on Soho Road and they did not seem to have any knowledge of this event taking place. Can you please clarify where this information is coming from.

If Dayanand called Guru Nanak Ji a 'fool' and Ramdev is a member of Dayanand's organisation.

If the above is true - It is unacceptable for Sikhs to be associated with Ramdev.

Was our religion started by a 'fool'

Our we the products of a 'fool'

That means our religion, Sikhi is a 'fool' and we are all 'fools'

This is in fact what the Arya Samaj believe.

Maybe Ramdev does not hold Dayanands view of Guru Nanak Ji.

And it will be interesting to put the question to him.

It is shameful for Sikhs to be inviting an Arya Samjaist.

I am not anti the Sevak Jatha of Soho Road.

In fact i was very pleased in the way Bhai Mohinder Singh Ji of Soho Road got involved

in the campaign against Ek Niwas. He acted as spokesman in the meetings with Ek Niwas,

the Police and Race Relations.