Swami Ramdev Ji Visiting Gurdwara In Birmingham

Guest Narinder Singh

Brothers & Sisters, please accept this humble servants apologies if any offence has been caused by this message.

ADMIN IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AS I DON'T WANT MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS ARGUEING

ADMIN IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AS I DON'T WANT MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO START ARGUEING OVER THIS POST.

MANY THANKS!

Arguing? You dont want people to argue now? Why because the truth is coming out? Besides, no one is arguing here.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do sikhs today find all means of doing things other than gurbani and gurmat? Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says "sarab rog ka aukhad naam" But who cares?? Coz we have these rss sponsored guruji teaching us....i m not againgst yoga but priority should be given to naam whereas yoga is being taught in gurdwaras....where does Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji support yoga......and isn't it an another mean of hinduisation of our faith....well the effects are already visible in india..... may better sense prevail among us and help us bring close to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

If Namdev's gonna visit Gurudwara Sahib as an ordinary devotee he is more than welcome but if he's gonna hold his yoga classes or do his parchaar to increase his fan club in the presence of sikhs' revered guru he should be boycotted.There is no treatment better than our Guruji's naam..and by the way we donn need any more dehdhaaris we've got loads of them and we're struggling to get rid off them. pray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gif

Sorry to offend. This feels like a GNNSJ PR stunt. Watch the sangat flock in large numbers to have darshan of this tele superstar swami.

I fully agree the Guru Ghar is open to all and what the super swami does in his own time does not bother me. But in our Guru Ghars, GurMaryada is the focal point, the Gurdwara is not a stage for performers to come and put a show on to a guaranteed “Sikh” audience. Use a local gym or hall or community centre for this show, not our Gurdwaras!

If he's doing Yoga that's fine but his mentioning of hindu scriptures etc etc are used to lure the cretins that fall for this crap. If he didn't bring religion into it and just concentrated on the Yoga, nobody would have a problem!

Use a local gym or hall or community centre for this show, not our Gurdwaras!

bro if you read the 1st post it says

A workshop will be held at the newly built Nishkam Centre Birmingham
so it's not in the Gurughar it's in the centre next door

as for all the other stuff - if anyone wants to go then go

if you don't agree with yoga or you don't like this swami dude then don't go!

it's not rocket science!

why do we always have to make a mountain out of a mole hill!

someone else mentioned earlier people are going to Gurdwara just to see him well what about when people flock just to see a famous kirtani or something? and it's to like physically "see" the kirtani and they run out of the divaan hall soon as they're done on stage so they can have a group photo or invite them to their kids' wedding or something!!

anyways yoga is a good thing to practice for general well being, perhaps there are questions etc that sangat may want answering in regards to techniques etc, if it's helping their general well being, giving them more energy, helping them to become more disciplined in their day to day living then good for them!

let them go see this swami guy!!

sorry if i have offended anyone

just sometimes it looks like we actually enjoy annoying each other, arguing back and forth with our posts!!!!! :D

Use a local gym or hall or community centre for this show, not our Gurdwaras!

bro if you read the 1st post it says

A workshop will be held at the newly built Nishkam Centre Birmingham
so it's not in the Gurughar it's in the centre next door

as for all the other stuff - if anyone wants to go then go

if you don't agree with yoga or you don't like this swami dude then don't go!

it's not rocket science!

why do we always have to make a mountain out of a mole hill!

someone else mentioned earlier people are going to Gurdwara just to see him well what about when people flock just to see a famous kirtani or something? and it's to like physically "see" the kirtani and they run out of the divaan hall soon as they're done on stage so they can have a group photo or invite them to their kids' wedding or something!!

anyways yoga is a good thing to practice for general well being, perhaps there are questions etc that sangat may want answering in regards to techniques etc, if it's helping their general well being, giving them more energy, helping them to become more disciplined in their day to day living then good for them!

let them go see this swami guy!!

sorry if i have offended anyone

just sometimes it looks like we actually enjoy annoying each other, arguing back and forth with our posts!!!!! :D

Sorry to be a pessimist to the swami's fans, but the fact that the swami wants to put on his show in the new “Nishkam” centre and that someone is publicising the show on a Sikh forum means that they wish to target a Sikh audience. Let’s see how easy it will be to use the new “Nishkam”centre for a conference on 1984, Khalistan or the Respect For Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign only time will tell.

Anyway as Anjaan says above “if you don't agree with yoga or you don't like this swami dude then don't go!”.

I think underlying all this is people who dislike the GNNSJ and they will critisize anything done by them.

So, here we have a person who is not going to the gurdwara but to another building and showing people how to improve their lifestyle by breathing excersices and postures, no harm in that. I am sure he has great respect for Guru Nanak Dev Ji also. But people who have an agenda against GNNSJ will take this opportunity to wage war against it, it is the Sikhi way, apparently. Jathabandies and groups have vested interests, rather we all try to get on together infighting is rife and people cannot see the wood for the trees.

This person happens to be Hindu, now we have the second group of Singhs who detest anything remotely to do with Hindus, so they also will start their nindhia.

Khalistan conferences are a different matter, things get extreamly political and very heated and if the Gurdwara does not wish to hold something like this then that is their progative, Sedgley Street Gurdwara is very much into this so they hold many conferences, others are not, so they do not.

Respect for Guru Sahib Ji is a very valid movement and if they approach the Gurdwara about meetings I do not see what the gurdwara can object to.

1. >>>> He will be welcomed to the gurdwara (Guru Ji's house) like any other visitor. Remember, Guru Ji's house is open to all humanity regardless of caste, colour, religion, creed etc. <<<<

Why do these well meaning Sikhs can’t see what the purpose of his visit would be!!!!

. ‘ Guru Ji's house is open to all humanity regardless of caste, colour, religion, creed etc’ is open to every body to pray. But it does not mean that it is open to every body to come there to preach their brand of life style which may be in conflict with the path suggested by Guru Ji.

This is how the ‘Sant Babas’, and godmen have made a mess of Sikhi. Every thing goes as long as it increases the audience.

2. Kundilini Yoga is much more powerful than any other yoga. IF YOUR Jatha/ Organization is indeed interested in yoga why have you not invited them to your gurdwara. ? At least Kundalini yoga lessons are given by Sikhs and the ‘mantaras’ are related to Gurbani.. What objection do you have to them comming to your gurdwara?

3. This swamis devotees claim that he has cured cancer etc. That may or may not be true. This seems to be the argument put forward by some to invite him to “gurdwaras”. Please read that what is at the sites below and find out that Gurbani can also cure the diseases..

(home page)

http://www.gurunanakhealing.com/srkan/index.htm

(Read the testimonials)

http://www.gurunanakhealing.com/srkan/testimonials.htm

CANCER PATIENTS CURED

( http://www.gurunanakhealing.com/srkan/cancer_cured.htm )

INCURABLE, CHRONIC AND FATAL DISEASES

(http://www.gurunanakhealing.com/srkan/fatal_disea.htm )

INCURABLE, CHRONIC, AGONISING AND DEBILITATING DISEASES

( http://www.gurunanakhealing.com/srkan/debili_disea.htm )

SURGERY WITHOUT KNIFE AND BLOOD LOSS

( http://www.gurunanakhealing.com/srkan/surgery.htm )