Another Against Sikhi

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

I GOT AN EMAIL BAK FROM THE GUY AND HE WROTE: -

Thank you for your two e-mails. I appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to write to me. I am also glad to have your name and I apologise if I offended you by referring to you as another name.

I have read your e-mails and I understand the basic gist of what you are saying. But there are a number of areas I don’t think we’re fully comprehending together.

The first issue is that while it is true that Sikhs and Muslims both believe in one god, this is all they have in common. If you compare the Lord who spoke in the Qur’an and the Lord who spoke in the Guru Granth Sahib, you will find two different deities. Obviously, the cannot both be the same deity. This is the issue that I am trying to put across. Also, the link you gave me is very useful, but still causes additional problems.

If Guru Nanak was a Muslim, then why would he proclaim Hinduism and Islam to have the same deity in common. The triad of Brahma, Vishnu and Siva acknowledged by Hindus, layman and priest, has nothing in common with the Lord who spoke in the Qur’an when He said, He is Unique and One.

Surat ul-Maa’idah (5), ayah 73

Allah has also proclaimed,

Those who do not believe from the People of the Book and the idol worshippers, they are in the Great Fire for all eternity.

Surat ul-Bayyinah (98), ayah 9

So the Lord has promised that those who worship idols are lost. I believe that you are indeed aware of Hinduism and the veneration of statues and altars in their religion. Again, Allah has strongly condemned sacrificing on altars, venerating them and such when He said,

And you are forbidden to eat that which is slaughtered on stone altars and to use arrows, seeking decision or luck. This is open sin and rebellion.

Surat ul-Maa’idah (5), ayah 3

It is then here that Guru Nanak already fails when he says that Muslims and Sikhs have the same god. Allah has made it clear in the Qur’an that He despises idolatry and such things and Guru Nanak has equated both of them on the same footing, which is blameworthy. (If you would just like to have a series of e-mails where we discuss that specific web page in detail, I have no problem with that)

The third point has to do with the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, speaking to Allah or the Angel Gabriel, peace be upon him. Your questions are well placed and deserve an answer. How could he have memorised the Qur’an if he was illiterate and some 6,236 verses were revealed to him over 23 years? A few things must be kept in mind. Something needn’t be written down to be preserved in tact for use indefinitely. Take for example the computer. How many files do we download, upload or safely print from the internet that are electronic pulses going through wires? Allah says of the revelation of the Qur’an,

And this is a revelation of the Lord of all creation which the Trustworthy Spirit brought down upon your heart so you would be one of the warners in the clear Arabic tongue.

Surat ush-Shu` ara (26), ayaat 192-194

Thus Allah downloaded the entire 6,236 verses into his heart to be brought out at the necessary times. The Qur’an was not written down by the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, this is true. But it was written down by seventy scribes and also others who could read and write. In addition to this, the Angel Gabriel, peace be upon him, used to go through the entire Qur’an with him at the end of each year to review and also to check that what the scribes wrote down was intact. We have some three copies of these Qur’ans written in the time of the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, one of which I have seen copies of in the British Museum and the NY Public Library collection.

The Angel Gabriel, peace be upon him, is actually not the go between for prophets, but rather he is chiefly in charge of bringing the Books of Allah or proclaiming news of Allah that is to be given. Thus the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, received revelations with and without the Angel Gabriel’s presence as can be evidenced by eye witness accounts. I think this would pose further problems for claims of prophethood for Guru Nanak. As can be evidenced from the history of the other 124,000 prophets before Guru Nanak, the Angel Gabriel was sent to present the books to them. As this did not happen with Guru Nanak, this brings further doubt upon his claims to prophecy and upon Sikh claims of his being similar to other prophets or sharing some common ground with other prophets.

I notice that you have sent me two e-mails, so I would like to do the same thing. I would be more than willing to discuss the statements you brought forward in the second e-mail, but I would ask a simple request. Everything that was collected for the articles on Sikhism is from actual thick, hardbound books in libraries. I have read the English translations of the Guru Granth Sahib translated by Sikh elders. Nothing I am quoting is coming from any website. I would ask that you do the same. If we are going to sincerely dialogue about Islam and Sikhism, we need to abandon websites for or against either religion, as they are not a reliable source of information. I would like to know what sources you have read yourself. I do not wish to discuss what findings you have taken from a website as this is not research, but copying. Please bear that in mind. If you would like to know what books have been referenced on the website, I will send them to you in the next e-mail. Most of them are by Sikh authors with two or three being people who respect Sikhism. They were taken from the vault and the religious studies section of the Angel Row Library in Nottingham, UK, my own library and other non-internet sources.

So to re-iterate again, please inform me what you know of Islam from your own reading, your own study. If you do not have a copy of the Qur’an in English, I can send you one free of charge in the post without a problem. As we are both adults we can come to our own conclusions without being influenced by the world wide web and its agendas, be they positive or negative. I hope to hear from you soon.

Abu Ja`far al-Hanbali

JUST WROTE THIS 2 THEM: -

Hi again,

Basically what im trying 2 say is why have you put that the gurus are False, they are not false!!!!!

if i said to you Mohhamed was false, you would be greatly offended, so please can you take that off the site!

Thanks!

VJKK VJKF!

GurFateh jio

seriously...i laugh at these kinds of things...

dont let yourself down by readin these things..i know i used to get sooooooooo upset and i'd even get really mad and not talk to people..

but over the years..i mean..i see more and more...and realize that they just wanna bring up beef and get us mad...lol..we're stronger than that..only when they threat our kaum..is when we should really get mad...

i know its easier said, than done..but ya know...

like i mean.. you can post <banned word filter activated> about Sikhism on any site you want...but that doesn't make someone actually believe that Sikhism is false or anything that the moorakhs wanted the veiwers to believe....

Muslims i think, are just afraid of the fact that they KNOW that we're still rising..and that we'll be here forever...

i laugh.cuz they post stuff about other religions to get them mad and stuff...and we fall down...why care man..like seriously...its ALL over the net...what are you gonna do? go to each site and like msg the people?

dont waste your time.

i have a lot of Muslim friends..

once..i was in my religion class...and we were learning about Hinudism...and the teacher mentioned that Hindus believe in reincarnation...

gettin to the point...

2 of my Muslim friends who were with me at lunch in the library brought that up.

one said "man..i dont know how people believe in reincarnation"

and the other said "its stupid..i mean how on Earth can you reincarnate. once youre dead. youre dead."

and i looked up and said... "Sikhs believe in reincarnation....so umm..please do respect that other faiths believe in it."

and they wree surprised...

and then they started questioning me...of course, i gave straight answers...

THIS OTHER TIME....

i asked one of my Muslim friends about the Quran...and i think i asked if all of it was written by Muhammad.

she didnt even answer my question..

she INSTEAD said:

"it doesnt matter who wrote it really...all you have to know is that its the words of God."

and so im like "...oh really! thats so cool! cuz my Sacred text is compiled with the words of God too."

...ahahah..her reactions was: :D @

LOL.gif ahaha...

anywho..i try not to get myself in trouble...they still my friends..but ya know...

lol..peace

GurFateh.

dispute aside, Abu Ja`far al-Hanbali does have a good point to be made. its such a shame that we (or at least myself), use the internet as the primary source looking into sikhism and other religions alike. there is so much dispute about the 'real' sikhism amongst us sikhs ourselfs that i for one am not totally suprised that people from other faiths just rip sikhism apart. people have always slated sikhism and in all likelyhood will continue to do so. the important thing is that we have enough knowledge about sikhism to simply laugh at people making such falsious remarks about our gurus.