General Question

PuNjaBan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAP (Snake), SOOR (Pig) OR BHOOOT (Ghost/Spirit),

im not too sure but I think its in Bani aswell (Please forgiv this Paapi if I'm wrong) but I have a Shabad Cassette saying "JEHREH NAAM NAH GURAAN DHA JAP DHE SAP SOOR BHOOT HOHN GEH"

For those who dont meditate upon the Guru Ji's name, They'll be turned to snakes, pigs or ghost/spirits in their next life....

Please correct me if I'm wrong, & bhul chuk maaf karni

What happens to those who don't do any paath/naam simram?

odai, just wondering .. any views/ideas? Thx

Gurfateh

In essence Naam is everything and everything else is nothing. Ask yourself, do you feel at peace when your remembering Guru Sahib? Dont you feel physically/mentally/emotinally better after meditating rather than sleeping? These are some things we dont ponder on, in our daily routine. Meditation has an effect on our body that no other force has. In essence, Meditation of God is the best deed to do in this lifetime which with Guruji's Kirpaa or Grace we will not only be led to the door of his Kingdom but we will be led inside the door.

To those who do not meditate; Guruji Says:

dhulabh dhaeh paaee vaddabhaagee ||

This human body is so difficult to obtain; it is only obtained by great good fortune.

naam n japehi thae aatham ghaathee ||1||

Those who do not meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are murderers of the soul. ||1||

mar n jaahee jinaa bisarath raam ||

Those who forget the Lord might just as well die.

naam bihoon jeevan koun kaam ||1|| rehaao ||

Without the Naam, of what use are their lives? ||1||Pause||

The Shabad in essence explains that without Naam; this life is usless. Dhulabh dhaeh paeee vaddabhagee- Explains that this life wasnt earned by you, you dont deserve but it is rather a GIFT from the Lord. Similarily, when you are given a gift from someone for your birthday/special event/ you always say thank you to them upon receiving it. Simiarily; you wouldnt say to Guru Sahib "I earned this present because I did good dead in MY lifetimes"- This would be wrong. You would rather say "Dear lord, Thank you for this preciuos gift that i will forever hold to my heart; I cannot thank you enough".

With this idea you would think; with such a gift why would i live and live and live but not recite and ponder over the beloved name of the Lord- The one who blessed me with this gift of living here. Same thing as to not say thank you to someone who gave you a great gift.

If you read throughout the shabad than you will realize that without Naam- everything is nothing.

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=562

Bull chaak Maaph

Gurfateh

Gurfateh,

Thank you. I understood everything in your post, many thanks for walking me through the shabad. Would like to clarify that I am not questioning the importance of meditation but rather those who chose not to do it, do they really end up in a penalty box ...

Gurfateh,

Thank you. I understood everything in your post, many thanks for walking me through the shabad. Would like to clarify that I am not questioning the importance of meditation but rather those who chose not to do it, do they really end up in a penalty box ...

The Guru does not demand Meditation and inturn dictates penalties for those who do not obey.

The cause(of being in the penalty box) is not that they do not meditate, the cause is ones direct/indirect or awarefull/unawarefull choice to remain in Ignorance that places them in the penalty box. Ignorance is the cause for the penetly box which is the creation of ones ownself as not everyone is ready to let go of the illusion.

Now at the same time Ignorance exists in ones mind due to the lack of meditation, lack of Guidence, Grace, Guru, which in turn can be used as the reason for the penalty box, but it is not a direct reason.

So if we say that not doing path is the cause of ones misery, then we place one in a penalty of being punished for not worshipping Guru/God..etc. And the whole approach to religion becomes tainted and one performs these acts of worship out fear for punishment not out of Love.

If we take the approach of giving responsibility to man for creating his own penalty boxes, then God no longer becomes responsiible, rather it is the action of ones own self, the penalty box is self created through the direct/indirect corralation of not meditating or not being aware of ones own self, of Grace, of God, of Guru. So these 'penalty boxes' become catalysts for an individual to seek out a greater, more Truthful source to quinch his Thirst.

What happens to those who don't do any paath/naam simram?

odai, just wondering .. any views/ideas? Thx

L O S T & SERIOUSLY CONFUSED

bin sathigur saevae bahuthaa dhukh laagaa jug chaarae bharamaaee ||

Without serving the True Guru, he suffers in terrible pain, and throughout the four ages, he wanders aimlessly.

pray.gif