Singhniyah & Their Keski's

Guest Concerned Singhni

Guest Concerned Singhni

Theres been a question on my mind for soo long but didnt know who to ask and how i would make myself more clear.

the situation is that i want to become amrit dhari soon in the near future, and would like to wear a dastaar or keski that covers my head fully.

But why is it that some girls wear a keski and harf of their hair is just out? This amrit dhari girl said to me that you dont cover all your hair only a part of your hair shud be covered. Is this trua? Because I thought that all your hair shud be covered in full??????

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is meant to cover your head as a sign of respect rather than covering all your hair like a Muslim would.

yup i agree dat it shud be ur head, & Dastaar is brilliant :TH:

You can wear keski too but ur full head shud be covered.

Guest _Gupt_

vjkk vjkf

Ijus wanted 2 ask seeing as the topic is being discussed that does Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji actually say that ladies should always cover their head?? because iknow alot of people who are amritdhari but dnt always cover their head?

Vjkk vjkf

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Theres been a question on my mind for soo long but didnt know who to ask and how i would make myself more clear.

the situation is that i want to become amrit dhari soon in the near future, and would like to wear a dastaar or keski that covers my head fully.

But why is it that some girls wear a keski and harf of their hair is just out? This amrit dhari girl said to me that you dont cover all your hair only a part of your hair shud be covered. Is this trua? Because I thought that all your hair shud be covered in full??????

wut the hell? LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif i cant even imagine wut that would look like LLOOOOOL \

half ur hair hanging out???never seen it LOL.gifLOL.gif

vjkk vjkf

Ijus wanted 2 ask seeing as the topic is being discussed that does Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji actually say that ladies should always cover their head?? because iknow alot of people who are amritdhari but dnt always cover their head?

Vjkk vjkf

then they're not amritdhari

Guest peacemaker

Sorry, but why do most "singhniyah's" in "AKJ" wear keskis? Like I associate keski on singhniyah's as being from "AKJ". Did "AKJ" start this concept? grin.gif

Guest peacemaker

a keski is not a akj concept singhniya have worn keski since guru gobind singhs times.. weather people feel that keski is a kakkar or not it should be adopted by all

Ok, but who has made keski a kakkar? Which people? Say it with me A K J.

Not saying they are wrong, just giving the facts.