Singhniyah & Their Keski's

Guest Concerned Singhni

a keski is not a akj concept singhniya have worn keski since guru gobind singhs times.. weather people feel that keski is a kakkar or not it should be adopted by all

Ok, but who has made keski a kakkar? Which people? Say it with me A K J.

Not saying they are wrong, just giving the facts.

who made it kakaar??hmmmmm... the panj pyarey tell you everything you need to know so if you want to find out...get pesh.

Im sure they're not going to say that the women have to wear dastars whilst the men can partially cover their hair with some hair sticking out.....WAKE UP!!! we are all equals.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

a keski is not a akj concept singhniya have worn keski since guru gobind singhs times.. weather people feel that keski is a kakkar or not it should be adopted by all

who made it kakaar??hmmmmm... the panj pyarey tell you everything you need to know so if you want to find out...get pesh.

Im sure they're not going to say that the women have to wear dastars whilst the men can partially cover their hair with some hair sticking out.....WAKE UP!!! we are all equals.

I'm saying, then why don't some amritdhari women wear keski's? Are you saying their panj pyare didn't tell them to wear one and this is on a person by person basis as to who gets told to wear one and who doesn't? grin.gif If the panj pyare dont tell the women, then isn't it left to the women to decide if they want to wear one, UNless, again, going back to my point earlier, some "JATHA" requires it.

I just want some straight answers. Again, not trying to start anything, I was just wondering about this myself. Because, personally, by reading all this now, it makes me look at the bibian who don't wear keskis as being less of a sikh than the ones who do wear a keski. Ok, there you have it. I don't want to feel like that and I won't allow myself either.

I just want to know which way is right. Will someone please tell me?

I'm saying, then why don't some amritdhari women wear keski's? Are you saying their panj pyare didn't tell them to wear one and this is on a person by person basis as to who gets told to wear one and who doesn't? grin.gif If the panj pyare dont tell the women, then isn't it left to the women to decide if they want to wear one, UNless, again, going back to my point earlier, some "JATHA" requires it.

I just want some straight answers. Again, not trying to start anything, I was just wondering about this myself. Because, personally, by reading all this now, it makes me look at the bibian who don't wear keskis as being less of a sikh than the ones who do wear a keski. Ok, there you have it. I don't want to feel like that and I won't allow myself either.

I just want to know which way is right. Will someone please tell me?

I say the right way is deffinately covering all your head, whether its a keski or dastaaar, yes there are a few bibiyaan that cover their head partially or dont at all but then they havent understood properly. I say without a fully covered Keski or Dastaar on a Sikh looks incomplete.....YOU NEED TO COVER YOUR HEAD WHETHER YOUR A BIBI WEARING KESKI OR DASTAAR

Guest a gift can be taken away too&#33

before getting into Jatha bashing...

What is the significance of a Dastaar/Dumalla?

Mai Gur Mil Uch Dumaalraa||

I have met with my Guru and tied a Tall Plummed turban.

Yes we do cover our head as a respect and not let hair hanging out and stuff. But there is more to a keski than just a way of covering the head.

A keski is a crown, not only that, your soul and not your head wears it. When you have devotioN, all in the deep felt love for your Guru Ji, then that crown is given to you. This gift is as precious as any other gifts that are given by Guru Saheb ji. On the other hand, if you are japping lots of Naam, try keski... you will feel secure. If you got no Naam, and wear it still, it gives you the inspiration to fill yourself with Baani.

With each larr(wrap) that you tie your turban, you tie around your head the virtues of all the Gursikhs. When you carry the crown on your head, it is a continous reminder to be humble, and respect those virtues.

IF you think of a Dastaar that way, you wont need to think of keski kakkar issue. Experience it for yourself. NO Jatha bashing pweeze.

Baana and Baani go together!

vjkk vjkf

Ijus wanted 2 ask seeing as the topic is being discussed that does Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji actually say that ladies should always cover their head?? because iknow alot of people who are amritdhari but dnt always cover their head?

Vjkk vjkf

well...Gurbaanee tells us not cut our hair..but a lot of people do that..

its up to you..how far do you wanna go with your Sikhi?

peace...

GurFateh.

ummm is a keski different to a dastaar....i mean cuz some one said "YOU NEED TO COVER YOUR HEAD WHETHER YOUR A BIBI WEARING KESKI OR DASTAAR"???

Keski is a patka type cloth, but covers your head completely (well is suppose 2 anyway, but nowadays sum bibyaan think itz ok not 2)...

and a Dastaar is metres of length cloth (like a Pagh) however lookz fabulous :TH: and is certan that your head is fully covered

lol, y is ur name peacemaker? lookes to me like ur jus tryna cause trouble.

AKJ did not start keski as kakaar, or bibian wearin ddastars.

lets leave the kakaar issue aside, but bibian are supposed to wear a dastar that covers their whole head.

Guroo Sahib has given us a hukam, now its up to us whether we follow Guroo Sahib's hukam or not.

Because some people do not do it, does not mean its ok. many people have stopped wearin their kakaars, coverin their head at all, doin their nitnem. some amritdhaarees eat meat and other things which are anti-gurmat. this does not mean it is ok for us to do this as well.

Up until the 1930's when Gurmukh Singh Musafir became jathedaar of Sree Akaal Takhat Sahib everyone who wanted to take amrit, had to be wearin a dastar.

he noticed that a relly low number of bibian were takin amrit. he believed it was becuase they did not want to wear a dastar. So one day every week amrit sanchaars were organized for bibian who didnt want to wear dastar. eventually this got so popular that it became the norm for bibian to take amrit without dastar.

Bhul Chuk Maph Karnee

Guest peacemaker

lol, y is ur name peacemaker? lookes to me like ur jus tryna cause trouble.

AKJ did not start keski as kakaar, or bibian wearin ddastars.

lets leave the kakaar issue aside, but bibian are supposed to wear a dastar that covers their whole head.

Guroo Sahib has given us a hukam, now its up to us whether we follow Guroo Sahib's hukam or not.

Because some people do not do it, does not mean its ok. many people have stopped wearin their kakaars, coverin their head at all, doin their nitnem. some amritdhaarees eat meat and other things which are anti-gurmat. this does not mean it is ok for us to do this as well.

Up until the 1930's when Gurmukh Singh Musafir became jathedaar of Sree Akaal Takhat Sahib everyone who wanted to take amrit, had to be wearin a dastar.

he noticed that a relly low number of bibian were takin amrit. he believed it was becuase they did not want to wear a dastar. So one day every week amrit sanchaars were organized for bibian who didnt want to wear dastar. eventually this got so popular that it became the norm for bibian to take amrit without dastar.

Bhul Chuk Maph Karnee

I said I was merely learning. Did you even read my follow-up posts? rolleyes.gif Ok, so AKJ has nothing to do with bibian wearing dastaars. That issue is done.