Singhniyah & Their Keski's

Guest Concerned Singhni

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mwiT guMdwe^ØI ptIAw BrIAY mwg sMDUry ]

I have woven my hair into lovely braids, and saturated their partings with vermillion;

AgY geI n mMnIAw mrau ivsUir ivsUry ]

but when I go before Him, I am not accepted, and I die, suffering in anguish.

Leaving aside the simple way of Gursikhi God-Oriented Gurmukh ladies, is to have trss-knot at the top of the head covered with turban, as per the khalsa dress code. Those who delve in fashionable hair-dos and make-up are paving their way to hell. The above Gurbani makes it clear, delving in fashion leads not to true love, but only to wailing and grief in the Court-Divine. Should these sikh ladies have fear of awaiting Justice-Divine, so well explained repeatedly through the Wisdom of the Guru, they would not dare to delve in falsehood of fashion and spoil their life in the hereafter.

http://naamvairaag.blogspot.com/2006/06/hair.html

Bhai Jarnail Singh a Uk GUrsikh, who was asked to address the Sangat in Bristol. This must have been the first time the local Sangat, who were mostly monae, saw so many women as well as men adorning Keski).

He spontaneously decided to use this opportunity to describe Keski in the following manner (i have paraphrased him here):

(he stood up and began talking) 'We meet VahiGuru via our Dasam Duaar. Our Dasam Duaar is located on top of our head. We do all different types of Seva to please Vahiguru, yet we must remember to do the Seva of adorning our Dasam Duaar because it is here where we meet Vahiguru. Keski is the seva of Dasam Duaar'. (he finished talking and sat down)

http://naamvairaag.blogspot.com/2006/04/dastar.html

ngn hoey bwhr jo iPrY, ngn sIs jo Kwey ngn prswid jo bWteI qnKweI bfo khqie

pwg auqwr prswd jo Kwy sy is`K kuMBI nrk isDwvY

Whoever calls him self a SIKH but goes about his daily business with KESH UNCOVERED, eats bareheaded, etc is a committing a big sin and will go to narak, meaning will get SEPARATED from GURU Jis BAKSHEESH.

Theres more in Gurmukhi but its not displaying so click on link below...

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=114572

Guest Guest

Old historical sources such as Guru Kian Sakhian and Bhatt Vehis state that Keski is the 5th Kakkar and these sources both pre date even the formation of the AKJ by over 100-200 years. So to claim that AKJ made Keski the 5th Kakkar is quite incorrect.

the whole kakaar bit is controversial. many historical resources say it is keski and so does logic. but tradition says its kes.

but there is so much evidence that is its NECESSARY, yes, NECESSARY for a person to wear a dastr/keski/dumalla if they wish to bcom khalsa.

Guroo Sahib has blessed us with BaaNee AND BaaNaa, BaaNaa is the same for both singhs and singhNees.

• 6 years later...
Guest Arn singh

Sarea Galla shado guru Granth saheeb do bani male and female iko jiya sandesh fdindii is Vichy likya sabat Surat dastar sira gall muuk who not wearing they are not respecting gurrus hukam