Jet Airways Starts Amritsar-london Flights

killah

Jet Airways starts Amritsar-London flights

By Indo Asian News Service

Amritsar, Aug 4 (IANS) Jet Airways Friday started its flights directly between Sikh holy city of Amritsar and London.

This is the first direct flight from here to London. Earlier, there was an Air India flight from Amritsar to Birmingham.

The flights from here are likely to help the Punjabi diaspora settled in Britain and other European countries. Earlier, they had to go to Delhi to take flights to Britain. The new flights would also attract tourists wanting to see the city's famous Sikh religious shrine - the Golden Temple.

Chief Minister Amarinder Singh flagged off the inaugural flight. Jet officials said that three flights would operate between Amritsar's Rajasansi airport and London's Heathrow airport.

He said Amritsar had become an important international airport in the past couple of years with 82 flights being operated from here every week.

More airlines wanted to start flights from here due to heavy business of non-resident Indians and tourists, he said.

Jet Airways officials said they were planning more international flights from Amritsar. They said a Chandigarh-Amritsar flight was also being proposed.

Copyright Indo-Asian News Service

That is sooo cool, I have written so many emails to Jet Airways asking for a direct flight. I like to think my pestering made them listern. blush.gif anddddd Jet Airways is soo cool and cheap, its better than the Usual Uzbekistan/Tajkistan Airways (they make me ill)

Guest PunjabSingh

That is sooo cool, I have written so many emails to Jet Airways asking for a direct flight. I like to think my pestering made them listern. blush.gif anddddd Jet Airways is soo cool and cheap, its better than the Usual Uzbekistan/Tajkistan Airways (they make me ill)

Brother Singh1986, it's good that your emails had such an impact.

Now send emails to Punjab Govt and the officials at Rajasansi Airport to improve conditions at the airport.

As one young Sikh remarked in the zee punjabi news report that we have come to an airport not a seaport.

He was commenting on the roads which were flooded at the airport after rain.

Besides this the report said Rajasansi Airport' standards are no where near other International airports.

It might be no where near the standards of other International airports but unless we all start using the airport then there is no reason for the government to update the facilities. We all complain about having to land in Delhi and how the money we spend goes into the Delhi economy, now we have a chance to fly direct to Amritsar so we should all be using that route

We should start using Amritsar so more airlines fly there and the Indian Airports authority will have to update the airport.

Jet Airways launches direct Amritsar-London Service

04 Aug 2006

Amritsar, August 4, 2006: Jet Airways, India’s premier airline, today launched its new international flight linking Amritsar in Punjab with London, UK, making it the first Indian carrier to provide a direct service between the Golden City of India and the United Kingdom.

The Honourable Chief Minister of Punjab, Capt Amarinder Singh, flagged off the Airbus A330-200 inaugural flight at the Raja Sansi International Airport, Amritsar, where a host of senior government officials, representatives of the travel and tourism trade were present on the occasion.

The Chief Minister said that the launching of this direct flight would facilitate connectivity for the people of Punjab. He hoped that Jet Airways would soon convert this flight into a daily service which would also help boost tourism also. The Honourable Chief Minister also expressed happiness that the inaugural flight took off with a full complement of passengers.

The Chief Operating Officer of Jet Airways Mr. Dale Moss said with the launch of this new service, Jet Airways has been able to fulfill a long standing requirement of the state of Punjab for a direct service to London Heathrow.

Earlier, the holy priests (Granthis) performed the “Ardas” shortly after the Airbus A330-200 aircraft arrived from Delhi. The Chief Minister cut a ribbon and was taken aboard the aircraft.

The thrice a week service is being operated with a brand new leased Airbus A330-200 aircraft on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Flight 9W 124 will depart from Amritsar at 14:25 hrs and reach London Heathrow at 19:05 hrs (Local Time) the same day. The return flight 9W 123 will depart from London Heathrow at 2235 hrs (Local Time) and arrive Amritsar at 1135 hrs, the next day.

This direct service to London, UK will be the fourth non-stop flight operated by Jet Airways from India to London Heathrow. The airline already operates two daily flights between Mumbai and London and one daily flight between Delhi and London.

As part of its inaugural offer, Jet Airways is introducing a special Companion Free Offer in the Premiere Class. This offer is valid from July 21, 2006 until August 31, 2006 and outbound travel must commence on/before August 31, 2006. Both fare paid and companion passenger must travel together for the outbound sector.

For travel in the economy class, Jet Airways is also offering special fares ranging from Rs 17,000 to Rs 25,000 (excluding taxes) until August 15, 2006. To avail this offer, outbound travel must commence between August 4, 2006 and September 30, 2006, subject to certain terms and conditions.

Jet Airways will operate the London-Amritsar flight with a state-of-the-art Airbus A330-200 aircraft which boasts the quietest cabins in the sky and can carry 226 passengers. The 30 seats in Premiere class offer its passengers an aisle or window seat and the opportunity to experience the world’s best 1800 flat bed seats.

The 196 seats in the economy class have passengers seated eight across ensuring that no passenger is ever more than one seat away from an aisle. In addition the A330-200 aircraft benefits from the Rolls Royce Trent 772 B engines, which deliver, improved fuel efficiency and sets satisfactory futures noise and emission standards.

The aircraft’s InFlight Entertainment (IFE) systems and content onboard the A330-200 aircraft will offer 3 Punjabi movies, one Punjabi sitcom and a compilation of Punjabi Music Videos. Every seat has an individual state-of-the art entertainment system with special facilities such as Digital Audio and Video on demand. High-resolution arm LCD screens for sharper, brighter images are available in Premiere class and seatback LCD screens in Economy class.

The InFlight entertainment system of Jet Airways also offers iXplorTM, the Inflight Tracking System. A moving map lets passengers track the flight’s progress and explore the world right from their seat.

Passengers will also experience a choice of gourmet in-flight cuisine Authentic Indian cuisine served on board will be catered by famed London restaurant, “The Bombay Brasserie”. This cuisine is available on all Jet Airways flights from London to Amritsar, Mumbai and Delhi.

The aircraft will be equipped with the Less Paper Cockpit, (LPC) and Jet Airways is the first operator in India to be approved to use this LPC concept.

WOAH!!!

beats the heeck out of turkmenistan/uzbekistan airlines!!

i dont think they wer 2 gud n e wayz, the way the advertisemnts hav bin dun ov turkmenistan airlines balle balle, i dont think itz worth it 2 be honest. I had an appaling jurney on turkmenistan airlines. I say an aeroplane named khalistan airlines shud cum out, how kewl wud dat beee??????? :D