Shaheed Singhs And Their Duty To Protect

Akaali

There is defintly no question in my mind that what daljeet singh is describing is untrue as i have known a few ppl who have seeen these things. they help us when we ask for it and pray for help, my life would have turned out very different if it wasnt for these shaeeds so lets respect them and all theyve done instead of doubting their very existence. They may be the reason u are still living. notice the people that see them have faith that they do exist......

• 1 year later...

In Sikh dharm we are allowed to live either bhramacharyi (all original punj pyare were bihangam (unmarried celibates)), or in gristh jeevan.

interesting point, an avastha waley singh told me that shaheed singhs protect people for 3 months after they get amrit chuk. this is a trial period. if they keep rahit, the protection will extend beyond 3 months. if they turn away from rahit and think that they know too much, than they lose protection of shahid singhs.

I just wanted to share some stories as well.

The first one is of an elderly Gursikh who laid on his deathbed in the final three months of his life. For those months his sons, nephew and some family friends stayed with him reciting Gurbani for 24 hours a day (taking shifts). One the at the last moments, while reciting bani, his nephew who was deeply concentrated, noticed the room light up and Five Singhs appeared and took the elderly Gursikh.

The second instance is of an Young Singh who had such a high jeevan and did a lot of seva. One night (11 or 12) he felt a sudden urge to visit the Gurdwara Sahib, while walking he recited bani but he was being followed by two thieves (drug addicts) who approached the Singh from behind, one of thieves grabbed the Singh's shoulder and as the Singh turned around, then let him got and the when the Singh looked back he saw both thieves running down the street screaming and falling over. The Singh realized that the Shaheeds had appeared to protect him. This happened in Surrey.

Just some experiences I've heard of.

cool posts jassa

But Sikhi is against celibate lyfestyle... this is obvious from many gurbani tuks...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibitions_in_Sikhism

Non-family-oriented living: A Sikh is encouraged not to live as a recluse, beggar, yogi, monastic (monk/nun) or celibate.

with help of this thread i have made this article

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Shaheed_Singhs

i find it really good... thanks to all the contributors to this thread......

was in hurry so last story (stories) arent that perfect.... will do it tommorow

interesting point, an avastha waley singh told me that shaheed singhs protect people for 3 months after they get amrit chuk. this is a trial period. if they keep rahit, the protection will extend beyond 3 months. if they turn away from rahit and think that they know too much, than they lose protection of shahid singhs.
And what if I told you about those whom I know personally and who kept close to NO rehit but others have seen 3 Shaheed Singh around them?

There's a lot to do with Maharaj's kirpa. We don't know how much kamai they have from past janams, how much abhyiass they do. Often times there aren't always black and white rules, but guidelines and principles. Perhaps they are going to reach a khas avastha in this janam, but aren't reaady so are being protected? similar to how maharaj protects our kamai from past janams and doesn't release it until he feels we are ready.

As for the celibate comment, Nowhere in bani does it say that bihangam marg is wrong - as the orignal punj pyare, Baba Thakur Singh ji bhindrenwale, Baba Jagjit Singh ji Harkhowalwale, Baba Nand Singh ji, Baba Isher Singh ji have all done so. You need to look at Bani in context - in the past there was a belief that one had to be celibate and if they got married they could not get mukti. this is a false belief. I believe Gristhi marg is encouraged, but not required.

kabeer jo grihu karehi th dhharam kar naahee th kar bairaag ||

Kabeer, if you live the householder's life, then practice righteousness; otherwise, you might as well retire from the world.

bairaagee ba(n)dhhan karai thaa ko baddo abhaag ||243||

If someone renounces the world, and then gets involved in worldly entanglements, he shall suffer terrible misfortune. ||243||

Baba Sri Chand ji was not given Gur gaddi b/c it wasn't in Hukam. He didn't obey all the Guru's intstructions. We see that Bhai Lehna ji was given gur gaddi over Baba Buddha ji b/c Lehna obeyed every single hukam without question. When presented with the dead body instead of asking why he simply asked where should I begin eating?

You are right that he was a great saint.