Starve

raj001

i was just wondering...to steal...is that acceptable in sikhi...i mean someone who is close enough to die as he/she hasnt eaten for a long time and is starving big time...and in order to feed the person the only way will be to steal........just a thort came to my head???? grin.gif

fatehjee :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say if your life is of value or of use to someone else, and you are dying, then you should do whatever you can to stay alive.

in battles, this theory also applies, when you are in war and you are fighting for justice and well-being of others, then you do whatever you can to stay alive...

hope that helps

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh

go to the Gurdwara-LANGAR!! :nihungsmile:

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!!!

:TH:

Vahegurooo pray.gifd_oh.gif

I would say if your life is of value or of use to someone else, and you are dying, then you should do whatever you can to stay alive.

in battles, this theory also applies, when you are in war and you are fighting for justice and well-being of others, then you do whatever you can to stay alive...

hope that helps

yea, but if u see Gurdwara Sahib, Guru Ka Langar is always available so no need 2 steal. Take the person 2 Guru Ghar,

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I guess the sikhi answer is that there are always alternatives... and that no matter what the concequences, to never steal from others. But I can certainly see situations where some people might be so desperate that they need food or something, and I certainly wouldn't blame them for taking a little food or whatever.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

but what if there is no Gurdwara close by?

I guess it's a 'robin hood' type'a question!!

my personal opinion, if the person who's starvin has TRIED to make an honest living, and has tried to feed him/herself, then i guess it would be okay... but the effort has to be made first... it should be a last resort... or, whoever is gonna steal to feed that person, they can feed that person themselves...