Level 5 & above LEA National average

English 92% 74% 74%

Science 87% 66% 77%

Maths 87% 73% 74%

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give us stats on how many kids are amritdharis, forget about govt curriculum.

Ture, I'm not really bothered about the government targets! How is the Sikhi parchaar in the school?

Wonder if the santhia classes part of the daily curriculum? Is Gatka taught to the kids? Upon leaving the school will the child be able to recite 5 Banis, Reharas and Kirtan Sohila? Things like this would be impressive as in my view that's the point of a Sikh school.

give us stats on how many kids are amritdharis, forget about govt curriculum.

]Yes, i forgot that! That's the most important thing. are they follwoing the real path of Sikhism grin.gif

Gov't cirriculum is equally important you can't just forget about it in this soceity, from socio-economic point of view. eg- amritdhari singh who have high qualified jobs gives more positive image to sikh dharam from socio-economic level, compare to amritdhari singh being truck driver or taxi driver. all these proffestionals does it create a stereotype in the soceity.

Now coming to your knee-<admin-profanity filter activated> reaction right away asking how many kids are amritdharis? i think really question to ask is how many kids know mool mantar and its meaning by heart? panj banis and its meaning? concept of naam and seva? not just theoratically but praticaly...by looking at so called young amritdharis in western countries these days , one seriously questions basic elements of dharam- sat, santokh, dya, sabar, hakum rajaie,pyaar, mithaas in them.

i be straight up, instead of making my kids if i have them in this life just amridhari for sake of it without those elements mentioned, i would rather make them sufi sikh instead of sharia sikh.

The Sikhi element is very important and takes a high priority within the school. The whole day for each student starts with hukumnana and ardas before Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Sikhi in itself is taught as a separate subject along with punjabi and kirtan. So the kids get the best of everything.

I cannot give you facts as I do not know them... but I have asked someone from the school to post these onto this thread.

The School creates an atmosphere in which Sikh Kids interact with each other and I'm sure this helps in terms of these students staying in Sikhi and not cutting their Kesh etc.

The school is open to all children not just Sikhs and these non sikh students also learn about Sikhi.

All over London we see kirtan events by the kids from this School.

The school is VERY successful with many numbers on waiting lists each year and has thus also increased Sikhi awareness around the UK with it being mentioned on BBC news and various newspapers such as the Times. Take a look.. go to bbc.co.uk -> news and so a search for the school.

As Sikhs we should be proud of such schools and our aim should be to create more of these institutions around the world let alone the UK.

With money coming into Gurdwaras nowadays you wouldn't think this would be a problem.... but then we have politics and committees........

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
Gov't cirriculum is equally important you can't just forget about it in this soceity, from socio-economic point of view. eg- amritdhari singh who have high qualified jobs gives more positive image to sikh dharam from socio-economic level, compare to amritdhari singh being truck driver or taxi driver. all these proffestionals does it create a stereotype in the soceity.

Now coming to your knee-<admin-profanity filter activated> reaction right away asking how many kids are amritdharis? i think really question to ask is how many kids know mool mantar and its meaning by heart? panj banis and its meaning? concept of naam and seva? not just theoratically but praticaly...by looking at so called young amritdharis in western countries these days , one seriously questions basic elements of dharam- sat, santokh, dya, sabar, hakum rajaie,pyaar, mithaas in them.

i be straight up, instead of making my kids if i have them in this life just amridhari for sake of it without those elements mentioned, i would rather make them sufi sikh instead of sharia sikh.

Really you should be such a true Sikh that your kids will learn all that stuff growing up in a peaceful home so the parents are the ones who degrade their kids level of Sikhi. If the elders followed Sikhi correctly then all the youth would follow their footsteps not by force but by example.