Sarbloh Bibek

Guest ???

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I believe it is a practice of keeping bibek (eating food only cooked by amritdharis) cooked in sarbloh (pure iron) pots/pans/etc.

Some believe that this is a "purer" truer way of following guru's hukam, I'll leave that answer up to you.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

we as Sikhs should try and keep Bibek as much as possible, as whatever we eat affects our inner state aswell. If we look back in history we will note that many Naam Abhiyaasee Gursikhs were Sarbloh Bibekee, such as Akali Phoola Singh and other Nihangs, Bhai Randhir Singh Ji and his companions, some Taksalis are known to keep Sarbloh Bibek also. Time has let this important Rehat be forgotten, we should try to eat in Sarbloh and keep Bibek as much as possible. We should not point fingers at certain Jathebandeeaa and say they started Sarbloh Bibek, as far as Daas knows, there is only one Jathebandee which is the Khalsa!

Although Sarbloh Bibek is an important Rehat, one can do without it if they have the Naam Kamaaee. Though, in our day and age, there are very few enlightened souls that devoted their whole life to Naam. In addition, one should concentrate on purity from the inside more rather than on the outside, because once we get too involved with the outside, then it is very very easy to become arrogant and this way, ego wells up and we stop Japping Naam, which is the biggest disease man can get.

Every day we read in Shabad Hazaare: ‘Sahib Tere Naam Vitoh Bind Bind Chuk Chuk Hoe!’ We should sacrifice ourself to this wonderful Naam and then all other Rehats will come following behind with folded hands. The more we Jap Naam, the more easier it becomes to keep these Rehats, because Guru Sahib himself does all your work for you and then everything just happens in Sehaj Avastha.

So Sarbloh Bibek is important, but we must instruct our minds also and pay more attention to our soul. One other thing that Daas has come across is discrimination, if one is Sarbloh Bibekee, then they should not discriminate against anyone for not being like them. They should cook for their family etc, and encourage others to follow their path. Otherwise, if one discourages someone from keeping this Rehat, then that is also a sin.

"I believe it is a practice of keeping bibek (eating food only cooked by amritdharis) cooked in sarbloh (pure iron) pots/pans/etc."

Say if ones mother is not Amritdhari and her child is. Will the child say to the mother i wont eat your cooking because your not Amritdhari?

That is one of the most painful things a child can say to his/her mother.

Guest ........

yhh i was thinking the same what would you say to your mother in that case??..i know we should put rehit first....but also not exclude people at the same time....im not amrithdhari 1st of all...but i could imagine the look on mums face when i refuse to eat from her....

"I believe it is a practice of keeping bibek (eating food only cooked by amritdharis) cooked in sarbloh (pure iron) pots/pans/etc."

Say if ones mother is not Amritdhari and her child is. Will the child say to the mother i wont eat your cooking because your not Amritdhari?

That is one of the most painful things a child can say to his/her mother.

if u read Bhai Sahib Bhai Rama Singh Jis book in there bhai jarnail singh ji refuses food from his parents which broke his moms heart but he told them why and the he did parchar with them and they got ready for the amrit sanchar but if u wanna follow bibek i would say go for it but only if u got a nutty amritvela everyday

Guest P walla!

I think some one posted about hurting there mothers feelings. It does not need to be so harsh if you do it in a sensible way. For example, you can sit down with your parents tell them about the situation and then see what happens from there. You dont have to go up to your parents and say 'im not eating from you because your a non amrithari'. But have a more loving way like, 'this is very important to me that I eat food perpared by myself, just so I can go further in to my sikhi'. If you show love you will get love back.

Bhai Jarnail singh farther did not talk to him for about 10 years, only because he was getting in to sikhi. Then his dad realised what his son has done, because bhai Jarnail singh was some one that wanted to show it by doing it, also the best way to do parchar.

Bhai Surjeet singh said to us last year, about him coming in to sikhi taking amrit and taking bibek rehit. His family was against this so him and his wife went to the farm and didnt eat, finally his mom came and said fine, here cook your own food and pased them a atta da bora. :TH:

Bibek is very important for some one who is serious about there sikhi.

"Although Sarbloh Bibek is an important Rehat, one can do without it if they have the Naam Kamaaee. "

i disagree.

rehit is rehit. there is no optional rehit, we should try to follow all rehit. if we go through life with the thinking. ill just jap naam, i dont need rehit. this will never work, we need rehit to jap naam. if one of our rehits is not strong, dropping another rehit will not help this.