Tension In My House

Guest Tensed Girl

Hi sangat ji

i have a real bad crisis at home. Recently there has been soo much tension in our house. my parents wont stop fighting with each otehr and my mum gets angry really quick. both my parents scream shot and use bad language (swearing) against each other. I have two little younger brothers and one younger sister. I dont want them picking my parents attitude and when they see them fight they get scared.

My mum is quite religious and so is my dad. My mum does paaht and everything but still yet she swears really bad same goes for my dad.

When we confront my mum about it she will say to us that you dad has wasted my life and i have no idea why i got married to him ec etc.. and that she swears because we all make her angry and dont do work together. Even all the kids get sworn at by my mum and dad too.

When we confront our dad and he'll say the similar that my mum starts it first so he has to say something back.

I have no idea what to do. I want my family to be peaceful and not fight or swear. is that too much to ask for?

I seriously dont know what to do.

I've asked Guru Ji too, I always wonder why is it that the tensions always in our house??

I need help !

Hiya, sorry to hear about all that. Must be frustrating, so you think you have a dysfunctional family. Well you're not alone, you know the problem might be that both parents are stressed from amount of work + raising 4 kids, wokring and running the household. Maybe its getting to be too much for them. I don't know how old you or your siblings are but why don't you guys split up chores - lighten the load a bit off parents shoulders - help both of them so that they have less to do around the house and more time to spend with each other as a family. Help mum w/dishes, cleaning, cooking, shopping, job (if she works), help dad w/ermm whatever you think you can help him out with.

If you have a stereo, in the evening before or after you have roti put on shabads or paath - this will surely prevent them from arguing .. can do same in the morning as well but make it a daily practice.

What do you think? Will this help a bit ..

I myself am 18 and i help around as much as I can I usualy do majority of the stuff. I do understand my mum sometimes where she comes from but everytime my mum puts paaht on my dad will want to change the channel to zee music or alpha panjabi and all these silly songs play where usually it all starts to kick off and my mum would sometimes ask God to take my dad waya (e.g. kill him and punish him and all sorts) she'll be like god i beg you to kill off this man. If you are true kill this man off we'll be really peaceful etc etc...I just cant take it anymore. Then she'll swear like anything and my dad will too with embarasing swear words and the kids catch out the words at times and start using them around. and I dont like it no.gif

Sorry hun, been out of touch as of late. How are you doing? How are things?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic