What Would You Change At Your Gurdwara? [in Your Opinion]

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Guest Singh_jee

the committeeeeeee they are so annoying!!!!!

don't let us do kirtan at all! they want to pay other jathas to do it but don't let us do it 4 free :umm:

probably don't like the saaj our Guru told us 2 use hahaa

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

CHanges I would Like to Happen:-

1.USe Sarbloh Pandeh

2. People Who make Langar not talk and do simran

3. Let Youth Do some seva and when we do it, not to shout at us for doing it "wrong" (or not the bibis ways)

4. Give us more time to do kirtan instead of finishing at 10.

5. Get english teacher who teaches tabla and vaaja, as young youths are put off because they dont understand panjabi aswell.

6. Redecorate Langar Hall & Kitchen Hall.

7. Give Youth More responsibility instead of beeing looked down at.

Thats all

For now...heheheh

VJKK VJKF!

have a major reshuffle of the commitees... out with the old, in with the new, to an extent.

i put together in my mind a list of things i would change and they mostly go back to the commitee being the root cause...

In my eyes the solution is:

NO MORE COMMITTEES!!!!

If you could change 1 problem at your local Gurdwara, What would it be???????????

By the way.. if you change a problem it will stil remain as a problem, just with fancy clothes on tongue.gif

Its better to say "how to get RID of the problem"

.. v1.gif

Sat Sri Akaal all.

The only thing i would change is the system of men and women sitting seperately in Guru i's presence.

I have two kids and the younger one especially (he's only 2) spends most of his time running between his father and me. blush.gif

If we could all sit together as a family, i would find it easier to teach the kids exactly what's going on. It would also be less disruptive to the rest of the Sangat.

Good topic Pritam btw!

Sat Sri Akaal!

Sorry but i disagree! Seperation is compulsory! - Can you imagine what would happen if the family sat together? They'd be chatting away about other things. It's bad enough now in the Langar halls. The divide is necessary so people can try to concentrate on the Shabad Guru rather than discussing 'What shall we eat tonight honey?' kind of thing!

I'd get rid of all images (some Gurdwaras have some have not) only ones that shall remain are the Gurdwara pictures and Gurbani writing framed!

And the women gathing in the kitchen to have a gossip!

Most of the above plus:

CLOSE DOWN THE AFFILIATED PARTY HALLS ! BAN ALCOHOL, TOBACCO & MEAT, DJs and DANCING ON THE GURDWARA COMPLEX/PREMISES WHERE HALLS EXIST!

DROP THE CASTE AFFILIATION FROM THE GURDWARA SANGAT

PROMOTION OF AMRIT SANCHARS

OPEN MORE GURMAT ACHEDAMIES

GET RID OF THE TABLES & CHAIRS IN THE LANGAR HALL (exception for the elderly & disabled)

SANTHIA OF GURBANI

SARBLOH BIBEK LANGAR ASWELL IN MINE AND BASICLY THINGS MOST PEOPLE HAVE SAID

AS FOR SITA GIRLS ABOUT LEARNING THE LANGUAGE I TOTTALY AGREEE ... BUT I STILL THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE TRANSLATAION SIMPLY TO TEACH OTEHRS ABOUT SIKHI TO PEOPLE THAT DO NOT NO GURMUKHI , PEOPLE THAT PARENTS HAVENT TAUGHT EM IT AND FOR OTHER PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITY THAT MIGHT WANT TO LEARN ABOUT SIKHI

a 24 hour gurdwara?

I think thats a good point and one that makes me :wub: because Gurdwaras should be 24/7/365 - open every day and night in the year. But they are not. Understandably, there are security issues. But Gurdwaras spend so much on other facilities which are not essential as security..

In my eyes the solution is:

NO MORE COMMITTEES!!!!

Nah i disagree to an extent though. You cant just have any tom <admin-profanity filter activated> n harry coming in otherwise we would have anti-Sikh bodies jumping at the chance to get their claws into the Gurdwara. You need a structure, you need a selection process. The success of our Gurdwaras (and they are successful in terms of the funds they are able to raise) has up until this day relied upon some sort of structure. But such structures do need to be revised.

the only time a gurdwara be's open 24 hours is usualy on a rehasnbhai day ... lets have rehansbhais every dayyyyy :wub:

amen to that!

i like what Soho Road do - they have someone at the front like 24/7 even during the night. Someone rings the bell and they let em in. Its a nice atmosphere.

really??? i didnt no that thats wickedddddd might have to try that sumday hving sleepless nights go soho road :TH:

more youth programs should be arranged tho like once a week for teeeagers and stuff.. they used to have some youth forums and discussion in bham but i not sure if they do know tho... i heard they might start hving them in wolves aswell soon so hopefully that would be helpfull