Being a True GurSikh

chamkila

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

At the moment I am on a mission to become a pure Gursikh, so far I have been able to wake up at Amrit Vela and listen to nitnem, I also listen to the other path during the evening and night and I have become a great fan of Keetan and Ketha (That good for some one who listens to chamkila 24/7) I am still learning punjabi so unable to read yet. Stopped drinking and eating meat, started wearing a round turban growing a beard. Started wearing 3Ks, the only things I don't wear is a kirpan and a comb in my hair (sorry I can't spell it I hope you understand), will wear the comb soon and need to think about the kirpan.

One thing I am unable to stop is my love for Women, its not that I go around sleeping with women. Say that I am sitting in the train and I see a good looking lady I have to check her out, its what I do. I am not a s_x mad GurSikh but its some thing thats is really hard to stop.

For me this is stopping me become a GurSikh, how would I stop this please don't say Naan because I have tried it and still it does not work.

What do you guys think ?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Naam Simran . When you are on the train/bus/walking keeping doing naam simran or mool mantr da jaap. Shut your eyes and do it when you are on the bus. Sing a shabad that you like and understand. Focus your attention away from checking women out. It only makes you look like a pervert, because the woman will sense you are checking her out.

I saw this old Singh get on the train once. I was standing on the other side of the carriage and could see that he was slyly looking down womens tops. It was so obvious, one women turned around and looke back at him.

Try and focus on the Akal Purakh at all times. This is how I deal with it.

I have tried doing Naam Simran, but every time I see a nice lady I need to check her out. I think I need to do more Naam Simran. For me this is the biggest thing I need to do before I can call myself a pure GurSikh.

Are they any Sikhi story on this subject, has Guru Ji told us any thing on this.

The moment you think that you are starting to focus your attention onto wrong thoughts or starting to check someone out, just like veer jee said, you should recite mool mantar or do naam simran and look away. Repeat Naam with every breath as much as possible when remembered. You will automatically start to realise that you instead shy away from wrong actions instead of appealing to them the way you used to.

Listen to your favourite style keertan as much as possible..at home or when going out...the less you listen to manmukh music, the more you will be able to gain control over lust via Guru jee's kirpaa.

Since we seek Guru jee's kirpaa, we have to do as Guru jee asks of us...

So live your life in Gurmat style as much as possible from what you understand...and Guru jee will guide you for sure.

ps. it is excellent to hear of your efforts at Amrit Velaa and listening to Gurbanee. Keep it up! Keep in Chardee Kalaa!

Vaheguru jee kaa khalsa vaheguru jee kee fateh.

I have tried doing Naan Simran, but every time I see a nice lady I need to check her out. I think I need to do more Naan Simran. For me this is the biggest thing I need to do before I can call myself a pure GurSikh.

Are they any Sikhi story on this subject, has Guru Ji told us any thing on this.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Very nice to see you listening to Paath..learning Panjab etc..keepit up (y)

BHaji..i persoanlly think

that u nee to realise that u shouldn't ley Kalyug Defeat u..!

think of it like this

If Guru Govind Singh ji Came in the Train when u were checking her out.....would u not be ashamed?

Always feel Guru Ji's presence wherever u go :@

Bhull CHUKK MAAF!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Chamkila

It's good to hear that you have started on your path to becoming a Gursikh. It think your problem with checking out women is more to do with habit than in any desire that you may feel for these women. Once we have a habit it is so difficult to break it. As some of the Bhajis and Bhainjis said it's all anout focussing your mind away from the women and towards Waheguru. Mool mantar and Naam Simran all help as they turn your focus from Manmat to Gurmat.

Gurfateh

Bikramjit

One thing I am unable to stop is my love for Women, its not that I go around sleeping with women. Say that I am sitting in the train and I see a good looking lady I have to check her out, its what I do. I am not a s_x mad GurSikh but its some thing thats is really hard to stop.

hehe well sex isn't as great as it's shown in media and everything. it's part of the fakeness of the world. u shouldnt look forward to it until u get married to that one right person

Guest balwinderkaur

Dear chamkila veerjee, bahut vadhiya :@ ...you've started walking gurujees maarag....congrats to you on that. Hm the problem you were mentioning about..it's highly likely that this is something psychological.......you need to exercise control to prevent yourself from checking any hot babe out. Best thing to do is to LOOK AWAY. Look at the scenery....look at anything but at that lady. Ladies know if someone is checking them out and believe you me its really freaky....im sure u dont wanna scare that poor lady do you??? :@ Furthermore chamkila veerjee.....think of that lady as your sister...would you like it if a guy checked out your sister????? Im sure you'll go punch his lights out...so think of that lady as your sister and im postive all ideas of wanting to check her out will vanish in a flash. Hmm you say naam doesnt work....well it doesnt work cuz kalyug is exercising his influence on you....he's preventing you from naam jupping......keep jupping naam each time you wanna check out a lady ...one fine day you'll overcome this kaal and realise that hey, the simran i did really helped me to overcome this problem. Gurujee is the destroyer of problems. May HE keep you in chardeekala always. Good luck in working towards becoming an ideal gursikh and getting rid of this psychological problem. :@