Punjabi

mugmax

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!!

I think the thread was started just to lay stress on the fact that our KIDS born in places outside punjab are forgetting the PUNJABI CULTURE ( the VIRSA as they say in punjab.)

We shouldn't be confusing culture wid religion here. I have known many sikhs from NE states in india andCentral india. They are sikhs, they go to gurudwaras, they have a proper sikhi SAROOP...but they dont converse in punjabi. They speak the language they were always exposed to.

But if you have that punjabi instinct , i would say you should learn punjabi and set an example for evryone out there.

SOME VERY ELDERLY GUY ONCE TOLD ME " with the proper knowledge for GURMUKHI u'll be able to experience the true sense(true Ras) of BANNI". I hope u understand what i intend to say.

GURU ANG SANG!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh

it's ok to have an english accent to your punjabi.....as long as you can speak punjabi it's all good....just speak more at home i guess i personally learned punjabi in india LOL so no accent haha.....buh yeah....both english and punjabi are a must...if you can't speak or read punjabi...then it'll be difficult to read gurbani from a gutka...yes there are ones written in english...but its easier in gurmukhi....that way you know exactly how to prounouce each word :TH: haha and khalsagirl panji that was sooo funny haha get used to understanding people who speak punjabi fast i know alot of em tongue.gif next time ye wan directions i givin da phone to my nana ji tongue.gif :wub: and like i said...punjabi at home..english at school and other places :wub: bhul chuk maaf

Gurfateh

lol

why you lil....

that was just a small thing...she was talkin too fast, so its not my fault... :D

^ It's okay Khalsa Girl, we all know you are D*** :wub:

J/K Akal Purakh bless you. :e:

hehe...

if you mean D U M B

then youre wrong...

hehe

cuz if someones dumb, it actually means the person can speak..

i forget what it is in Punjabi

but ya

its when you cant speak....

lol

SOME VERY ELDERLY GUY ONCE TOLD ME " with the proper knowledge for GURMUKHI u'll be able to experience the true sense(true Ras) of BANNI". I hope u understand what i intend to say.

depends on your preference :e:

Anyways... this thread more or less stress people to connect with their original languages, whatever that may be. However, we humans are free to learn whatever language we want to communicate with.

:T: yeah when i was in india, this ragi was saying to me tinu punjabi ohndi aa n stuff, n i was tryna get myself outta it lol sayin u dont need 2 know it if you live in uk .. n then he was like how are u going 2 read and understand bani? then i was silent...then he went on2 say this is the Gurus land, we shud speak how they wud spk 2 us (and then he ruined it by sayin i wud loose my hindustani roots lol )

i stopped speakin punjabi wen i was lil cuz evry1 used 2 laff at my pronounciation..atleast i tried!!! and when i was 3 we went india 4 3 months n wen i came bk i 4got english LOL n i got teased soo bad and so i stopped speakin it cuz i thought it might happen agen blush.gif

but when i went punjab most recently wht the ragi sed was wa i needed 2 hear...mann i felt like such a <banned word filter activated> not bein able 2 read punjabi, my mother tongue *tut tut* then i came home and taught myself punjabi :TH: if i can doooo itttt anyone can lol

Funny though how we are all giving our opinions on speaking in punjabi. Some of you have seconded the opinion of just talking in punjabi where as some of you are on the border lines.

The amusing thing that I found here was that apart from one person we are all communicating NOT in punjabi.

Hun daso menu ki kariye......

Fateh . . . . . . ..

i dunno about you but writing romanized punjabi is kinda funny. and people have a hard time reading that. isnt my fault that the keyboard is in english and everything we do on the net is in english.

no point arguing about this. learn both punjabi and english.

if you only have one u'll loose out on a whole bunch.