Singhnee Need Wedding Design Ideas For Her And Her Other Half

Guest Amandeep Kaur

Thanks all for the very chardikla pics....Wikked pics!

Problem: Parents on boys side non amritdhari, my parents amritdhari but ....from the generation this is kinda "too much" for them..... :wub: @ I dream of such a wedding but even my other half is more in to the traditional ways.....

so can you give me ideas where i can still look chardikla but with a more suit type design. Not red...i dont want that and no heavy embroidery, just to keep evryone happy but also feel content myself at same time soon..

i hope there a such photos out there. pray.gif

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you like the bana the western Khalsae wear on their weddings (you may have seen many wedding photos on mr sikhnet blog) they use:

http://www.maharajasuitings.com

Thanx all for sharing photos and advice. i need to go with what I want, doing what everyone else wants is kinda....welll....

can someone thoeugh send me photos of any wedding they have beeen to where the bride is wearing traditional, not heavy but looks chardikla simple too....ummm if possible....thanx blush.gif

waheguru-Fathe

post-2547-1159739135.jpg

post-2547-1159739047.jpg

post-2547-1159739031.jpg

post-2547-1159739009.jpg

hope this helps bhenji...best thing probably is when you're in India have a good shop around for yourself see what colours/embroidery styles etc YOU prefer :wub: all the best xx

That pic is awful red dastar and bibi wearing gold that is not gurmat and that is not a SIKH wedding, Guru Sahib would not have allowed this

vjkk vjkf

wearing red is wrong plz don't do this if are amritdhari and love guru sahibs rehat!!!!!!!! ideally the singh and singhni shud have 3ft kirpans each, and bear wearing bana, with some shaster in a DHUMULLA, there shud b no party of n e sort or ritual acts, you shud read ther Lavan paat everyday part of your Nitnem until you get married to understand what guru ji is saying and imbue into our daily lives!. If this is done then it can be called a SIKH WEDDING

Guest _singhnee_

i have some wedding pics maybe u cud leave a email add i cud fwd the adress to u

i suggest if ur skin stone is abit darker then go for gold bronze rusty colours if you have lighter skin go for pink peache baby blue if ur in the middle ish go for navy blue cream maroon etc

try the colour pale yellow i think that wud look nice

Guest _singhni_

Bhenji, if you wear a dastar, then please do keep the suit simple. Don't go for too much kadayee suits as shown in some of the pics above with dastar valai bibiyian

Simple suits are the best, please check out this wedding, the suit is sooo beautiful and amazing, and the kadayee is amazing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hardeepsingh/...57594277199310/

Simple is surely the best and please remember that if you're wearing a dastar, do keep it simple.