A Question Abt Cap.

cheema_nz

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I just need a bit help here....I was arguing with a friend 2day and he said that the lines "sikh hoye sir topi thare, sat(7) janam kashti hoye mare" is from Sri Guru Granth Sahib....but i think thats just made up by some1 as a slogan to decrease the use of caps in sikh boys.....can some 1 guide me on this one...thanks...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I just need a bit help here....I was arguing with a friend 2day and he said that the lines "sikh hoye sir topi thare, sat(7) janam kashti hoye mare" is from Sri Guru Granth Sahib....but i think thats just made up by some1 as a slogan to decrease the use of caps in sikh boys.....can some 1 guide me on this one...thanks...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I know that it is definately one of the rehats because maharaj gave us the dastaar to wear, why would you want to replace that with a hat?

He who as a Sikh places a hat on their head; will be reborn seven times as a leper.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/rehat.asp?id=98

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I know that it is definately one of the rehats because maharaj gave us the dastaar to wear, why would you want to replace that with a hat?

He who as a Sikh places a hat on their head; will be reborn seven times as a leper.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I totally agree with u....I hate sikh boys who wear caps myself....but the thing is he said it is better ppl cut their hair than wearing a cap...he said there is nothing written in Guru Granth Sahib regarding cutting hair or anything but thats a different issue....

I totally agree with u....I hate sikh boys who wear caps myself....but the thing is he said it is better ppl cut their hair than wearing a cap...he said there is nothing written in Guru Granth Sahib regarding cutting hair or anything but thats a different issue....
first off, dont hate veerji. the thing is that when one has uncut hair then instead of wearing a cap one should wear a dastaar or while playing sports, a patka if necessary. a cap has no place on a sikhs head if you ask me. having said that i also think that in places like india when it gets really really hot during summer months, one should tie a light colored dastaar. while playing sports in the heat, it ok to wear a cap OVER your patka to protect urself from the heat. as the heat easily gets into your head. i've had this problem before and ended up having a sun stroke.

so all in all we must cover our kesh by a dastaar or patka NOT just a cap. but in day to day activities a nothing beats a dastaar. :TH:

these are just my own personall views btw. :wub:

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The lines in red clearly portrays the awastha of guy you are talking to. He is adamant to do what he likes and will go to lengths to proove his point. Guruji clearly asks us to stay away from these ppl and not to get into any discussion with them.

It is your intentions that matter. Wearing a nike cap is way different than wearing a sports helmet. I personally will never wear one. Helmets were prevelant in guruji's days. If HE felt it was right choice, HE would have asked sikhs to adorn them instead of turbans. For sikhs turban is the most imp. article of faith after 5 kakakrs, which should never be substituted.

umm...riiii

well...

cuttin hair is one of the BAJAL KUREHITS (sp?)

so OF COURSE its worse than wearin a hat :wub:

but...

what abt those stupid people who have a patka with joodaa, and wear a cap over it???

i think thats just pathetic eh