Question about Ardaas..

Akaali

WJKK WJKFateh!

Just wondering, say you do your nitnem(5 banian, or rehraas sahib) in some room, maybe at work, or at someplace, should you do the full ardaas at the end? Or can you ask for forgiveness for any mistakes in your mind?

Because I always thought you do ardaas in front of Guru Sahib, or where you got bani in front of you to which you can bow your head to, but if you do bani just by yourself, should you do ardaas regardless??

Thanks!! wubb.gif

WJKK WJKFathe!

Sat Sri Akal:

Rehat Maryada:

Chapter III, Article IV,

section c) The morning and evening recitations should be concluded with Ardas (formal supplication litany).

So,you must do a full ardaas after recitation of the morning and evening Nitnem (full as the text of the ardaas is right below this section and it is the full length ardaas).

Waheguru ji ka kahlsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I believe that guru ji is present everywhere ,at all times.. it doen't matter where you are.. if you do full ardas i'm sure your giving much more resepect..

although in cases where the enviroment around you isn't right .. then i'm sure it's ight to do small ardas.. as in "bhul chuk di khima, agey ton shud ate shapast bani paran sunan da giyan baksna..."

Bhul chuk di khima

Waheguru ji ka kahlsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Yeh! Dhan Guru Sahiban is hazar nazar ( i believe) so wherever you do your ardas, he should hear it alright, if you really want to mutha tek to something at home, u can mutha tek to your kara or other shastar as the form of Pritham Bhagauti Akaal Purkh Vaheguru Ji. rolleyes.gif

After all Guru Ji is king of kings! tongue.gif