Sikh On Eastenders

Lakha Singh

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I was watching eastenders last night, as i do.. and the Sikh sardar extra who wanders in and out of shots now and again was in it quite a bit last night. i first saw in him the Cafe having a cup of chaa and chatting to a yound asian girl. Then a few scenes later hes in the pub having a drink (juice i assume) and chatting to an older asian woman. so hes either being portrayed as a bit of a player and likes the ladies or hes just chatting to family or friends. and the fact hes got so much time on his hands that he can be in the Cafe then in the pub probably 10-15 minutes apart is a bit weird. at first it was quite funny, becuase he was in each shot for at least a minute and very much in view, but then i thought it doesnt look good this uncle ji with with pagh and dhari (tied up) sitting in the pub chatting to some woman. Maybe im just being pedantic, but you dont see many sikhs on TV so the few they show could be portayed better instead of as layabouts who sit around in the pub all day.

anyway just thought id mention it, as it kind of stuck in my mind as he was also wearing a yellow pagh and stood out a mile.

yeh i must admit that Sikhs are hardly ever on TV or in Movies and when they are they are either portrayed as buffoons, are under the typical stereotype of every Asian with a 'butt butt' accent and in a corner shop or they pray to idols and pictures of the Guru's; actually matt tekhing the pictures and stuff...This is probably why majority of non-sikhs feel we are a hindu-sect or something and/or are Muslims...Why cant we just be Sikhs?

yeah dont get me wrong, as K says it is exciting to see a sikh on TV, but couldnt he be the local GP instead or have a market stall, instead hes chatting up women (apparently) and drinking in the pub ( again apparently) maybe i am being paranoid!....afterall he is an extra on a soap and appears only for a few seconds, and from those few seconds i presume he is a womanising drunk... :wub:

ahh that unclee is well safe... lives in ilford!... jus around corner frm my road.... he just does what they tell him to do. They call him easternder vaaley uncle ji.... i mean he aint realy making such a bad image or anything......if he is.. then i guess he aint aware of it.... i should mention it to him... hmmmmm

ahh that unclee is well safe... lives in ilford!... jus around corner frm my road.... he just does what they tell him to do. They call him easternder vaaley uncle ji.... i mean he aint realy making such a bad image or anything......if he is.. then i guess he aint aware of it.... i should mention it to him... hmmmmm

LOL! haha! yea i seen him aswel! me n ma m8s like "oh theres uncle from eastenders!" :wub: i dnt think hes portraying a bad image...hmm maybe in the Pub he is, but overall i think its good that hes in there!! eastenders seems too gorafied sometimes i think its good they showing the multi-cultural community in East London :D :wub:

WJKK WJKF

ohmy.gif Loooool

I no what u mean Lakha Bhaji, but don't get me wrong about me watchin eastenders, I HAVE A LIFE!

No offense...hehe. I watched it b4

WJKK WJKF