Accepting Roti From Sehajdhari Mother

Guest s133k_s1kh

NNNNNNNN0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0... Don't close it ...its fun watching people prove their agenda :D :@

Chakki Chalo Phatte, Tusi QAUM De Asli Sher...Keep the good work going Shero :TH:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole purpose of bibek is to eat food that will promote a spiritual naam-oriented life style. Food has an effect. Gurbani tells us: ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕੀ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਵੇਦੀਨਾ ਕਾ ਖਾਣੁ ॥ ਸਿਫਤੀ ਸਾਰ ਨ ਜਾਣਨੀ ਸਦਾ ਵਸੈ ਸੈਤਾਨੁ ॥ . Clearly Guru Sahib has said that eating the food of manmukhs and keeping friendships with them is not conducive to a spiritual jeevan.

Amrit which gives naam vibration to the abhilakhi is given via water and pataasas stirred by Amritdhari Gursikhs while reciting bani in sarbloh. In the same way a Gursikh tries to get the same effect every time they cook and eat food.

This is not a blind karm kaand or ritual. It means choosing food that will most help your spiritual jeevan by giving you that naam vibration. If an amritdhari who keeps no rehit and no baani/simran prepares food whild gossiping, that food is just as unacceptable as any non-amritdhari's food. Conversely however, even if a non-amritdhari has good intentions and positive attitude prepares food, that food is better than McDonalds or what have you, but it still doesn't have naam vibration which can only be possessed by someone who has been given amrit and naam from punj pyaaray.

Some questions that have come up in this very long discussion:

1.Why is the langar at Harmandir Sahib served in Stainless Steel platters?

Why is there no jaikara after ardaas or any dohara after ardaas at Darbar Sahib? Why is there no takhat posh for Guru Sahib? Why is parshaad bought and sold in the parkarma? My point is that Darbar Sahib is an amazing place but it doesn’t follow that the maryada there is perfect.

2. I dont know if you guys ever came across this news. A couple was arrested a few years back for poisoning DAL at Harmandir Sahib. The couple was AMRITDHARI. what would you say about this ?

Not much. I can give you many more examples of amritdharis NOT poisoning anything. The exception mentioned in this example you’ve given doesn’t prove much. Does it mean amritdharis are bad? Shouldn’t do seva? What’s your point exactly?

3. Why dont the Gurughars serve food in SARBLOH WALLE BHANDE?

They used to. Puratan Gurdwara Sahibs with langars have sarbloh dishes and still use sarbloh deghas to cook the food. Darbaar Sahib's langar still uses massive sarbloh karahis to cook daal, etc. At Mata Sahib Kaur’s langar at Hazur Sahib, the langar is prepared in Sarbloh and can also be served in sarbloh.

4. SIKHI talks of equality. If Amritdhari person can cook food for evreyone to eat, why should an Amritdhari eat from Amritdhari's and not from others. If Amritdhari's are so much into SARBLOH BIBEK, why dont they stop serving food to everyone else ?

An amritdhari is meant to do seva for all of humanity. That doesn’t mean he has to eat everyone’s food, he should feed everyone. I wish you’d bother to read the arguments made in favour of bibek before making senseless points. An amritdhari eats from other amritdharis because they have naam and can give that vibration to the food they cook.

5. When my Amritdhari brothers travel to India from US or Canada do they not eat food for almost 24 hours ? Please dont say you cook your food and take it with you

Bibeki Gursikhs don’t eat for 24 hours. It’s not that hard really. I’ve not eaten for even 48 hours and haven’t experience any major problems.

6. Someone here said only Amritdhari people are SIKHS. Where does that say in SGGS ? So should i say if a person is Amritdhari now but he was born to a Sehajdhari mother he should never beconsidered a SIKH because he came into existence because of someone who wasn't a SIKH Okie this was stupid , but it came to my mind so typed it.

If your father has a driving license, do you automatically get that licence automatically just by being born in that house? Do you become a doctor if you are born to doctor parents? In the same way you must become a Sikh through initiation.

7. Should i assume that hardcore amritdharis dont go out and eat ? They dont eat with people who they interact with ? They have cut themselves socially ?

A Gursikh keeps relations with other Gursikhs. They deal with everyone at school and work but when it comes to forming close relationships and friends, those are kept with other Gursikhs. Gurbani is very clear and tells us

ਕਬੀਰ ਸਾਕਤ ਸੰਗੁ ਨ ਕੀਜੀਐ ਦੂਰਹਿ ਜਾਈਐ ਭਾਗਿ ॥

ਬਾਸਨੁ ਕਾਰੋ ਪਰਸੀਐ ਤਉ ਕਛੁ ਲਾਗੈ ਦਾਗੁ ॥੧੩੧॥

If we do sangat with people that are not God-oriented and are manmukhs, then we should expect that they will have a negative effect on us as this salok clearly tells us.

8. I understand that Amritsar has got 4 doors, to allow any cast, creed, race, any religion to prepare the langar and people do sit down together in gurus free langar regardless of being amritdhari or non.

Darbar Sahib has 4 doors but not 4 paths. The path is one. Anyone can come to Sikhi from any direction or race or culture but the only path to Vahiguru is Sikhi. Everyone can eat in the langar, but only Guru-valay can make Guru Ka Langar.

9. Are ur hands better than the hands of the other people who cook ur food???

Let's not make this personal but talk in a general way. Hands with the vibration of naam and hands that are blessed by Guru Sahib are of course ‘better’ than those that are not blessed in this way.

10. Isnt the food in the langar still not guru ka langar.....rejection of guru ka langer???

If someone brings donuts or pastries with egg to the langar (it happens) does it become Guru Ka Langar? Guru Ka Langar has a maryada. That includes being prepared by Guru Ke Sikh. If not, it does not qualify for the title of Guru Ka Langar.

11. Story: Pandit once said to Guru ji, that this is "sucha" place and not "jhoota" place, Guru ji said all the world is "jhoota", nothing is "sucha" without "NAAM"

That’s absolutely right. If someone doesn’t have naam or doesn’t jap naam but are crazy about jooth and cleanliness, then they are wasting their time. Without naam, nothing is pure. But who has naam? Only Gursikhs of Guru Nanak. So if we are to not-eat jootha, and nothing is suchaa without naam, doesn’t it follow that only that food prepared by Gursikhs japing naam/bani is suchaa and is the only food acceptable to be eaten?

I hope this helps clear up the misconceptions.

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!

Nothing will be clarified the way you have posted the replies. The thing is all the Jatha followers say they are right ..why is that ??? can they not sit together and sort these issues out ?? All i have found on this forum is, people trying to prove that they are rght no.gif trying to prove their's is the best Rehit ...why ??

Seriously people do what you feel is rght for you.. who are you to enforce your views on others ??

1. akj people say sarbloh is rehit.. okie if its rehit, follow it but don't say rest are wrong .

2. Others say sarbloh is not a rehit..fine if its not a rehit, dont follow it but refrain from attacking the people who follow it.

If all of you agree with the fact, that we should follow what the PANJ ask from you then stop wasting time here and figure out the priorities first :TH: .

every now and then i see people coming up with gurbani tukks to justify their claims..how about we get a better grasp on bani instead of squabbling here. SHUN THE EGOS SAJANO :D

sUhI mhlw 1 Gru 2

soohee mehalaa 1 ghar 2

Soohee, First Mehla, Second House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

AMqir vsY n bwhir jwie ]

a(n)thar vasai n baahar jaae ||

Deep within the self, the Lord abides; do not go outside looking for Him.

AMimRqu Coif kwhy ibKu Kwie ]1]

a(n)mrith shhodd kaahae bikh khaae ||1||

You have renounced the Ambrosial Nectar - why are you eating poison? ||1||

AYsw igAwnu jphu mn myry ]

aisaa giaan japahu man maerae ||

Meditate on such spiritual wisdom, O my mind,

hovhu cwkr swcy kyry ]1] rhwau ]

hovahu chaakar saachae kaerae ||1|| rehaao ||

and become the slave of the True Lord. ||1||Pause||

igAwnu iDAwnu sBu koeI rvY ]

giaan dhhiaan sabh koee ravai ||

Everyone speaks of wisdom and meditation;

bWDin bWiDAw sBu jgu BvY ]2]

baa(n)dhhan baa(n)dhhiaa sabh jag bhavai ||2||

but bound in bondage, the whole world is wandering around in confusion. ||2||

syvw kry su cwkru hoie ]

saevaa karae s chaakar hoe ||

One who serves the Lord is His servant.

jil Qil mhIAil riv rihAw soie ]3]

jal thhal meheeal rav rehiaa soe ||3||

The Lord is pervading and permeating the water, the land, and the sky. ||3||

hm nhI cMgy burw nhI koie ]

ham nehee cha(n)gae buraa nehee koe ||

I am not good; no one is bad.

pRxviq nwnku qwry soie ]4]1]2]

pranavath naanak thaarae soe ||4||1||2||

Prays Nanak, He alone saves us! ||4||1||2||

Bhul Chuk Maaf

GUR FATEH!!

Practicing Sarbloh Bibek is different than only eating from Amritdharees. These are two different issues. This discussion is about eating from Amritdharees. I will say that if you are not Amritdharee then you don't have any right to tell an Amritdharee what to do. Because for an Amritdharee Guru Sahib tell's that person what to follow.

It seems people find it hard to follow so they label it as being a wrong practice. If the Panj command you to not eat from non Amritdharees then that is hukam of Guru Sahib not of some jatha. The Panj Pyaray don't belong to a specific jatha.

Also I would say that our parents always want whats best for us. Sometimes they don't see this because they themselves have not been on the path. We should always value what our parents say but when it comes to Rehit, then it's what Guru Sahib says that counts, not our parents. After taking Amrit Guru Sahib becomes our Parent.

What Bapu says we must do. :nihungsmile:

My Bapu is Guru Granth Sahib Ji

My Guru is Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

And this not eating something cooked by non-amritdharis is a total contradiction of Guru J

BTW - i am amritdhari, but not your interpretation.

Seriously people do what you feel is rght for you.. who are you to enforce your views on others ??

1. akj people say sarbloh is rehit.. okie if its rehit, follow it but don't say rest are wrong .

2. Others say sarbloh is not a rehit..fine if its not a rehit, dont follow it but refrain from attacking the people who follow it.

If all of you agree with the fact, that we should follow what the PANJ ask from you then stop wasting time here and figure out the priorities first

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

do whatever u want to do , ur nawt about to convince anybody...theres more important things to discuss. this doesnt achieve anything but division amongst the panth..thread needs to be closed no.gif what a waste of eye strain :D