Accepting Roti From Sehajdhari Mother

One of the edicts given at the Baptismal ceremony is:

Gursikh di roti beti di saanjh Gursikh naal.

The Gursikhs have to share food and establish marital relationships with Gursikhs only

This edict is enjoined upon all the baptized Sikhs at the Baptismal ceremony at every Amrit Sanchar in the Panth irrespective of organizations or Jathas arranging it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guru nanak only believes in 3 types of impurity and he talks about that in his bani. guru kirpa kare. try to understand please. so the food is always impure no matter what you do to it, how you cook it etc. instead of debating on these trivial matters, and trying to convince others, one should naam jap. saarey bolo WAHEGURU.

We have taken the beautiful teachings of guru sahib and made them sooo narrow. guru kirpa kare. where is the love bhai. one saakhi comes to mind.

guru gobind singh went with his singhs into the jungle for shikaar. singhs brought langar with them. after a while they got hungry and started to open up food. guruji stopped them right there saying that what is this, how can we eat, we are on horseback, our hands are dirty. we will eat when we get back to our mahal. the very next day, guruji and singhs went to jungle again. on the way back, an old bibi came upto guruji's horse and offered food. guruji quickly took the food from her and ate it right there stitting on his horse. now the singhs were confused thinking that guruji didnt eat yesterday but what happened today? so they asked and guru gobind singh replied, listen singho, this bibi has done ardaas many a times for me to come to her house for food. everyday she would make food and wait for me to come. today when we finally met, how could i delay even for an instant. this bibi has a great amount of love and shardha. i couldn't say no to her.

i am not saying that sarbhloh bibek is wrong and manmat. i'm too stupid to know. but what i do know is that if your mother makes parshada for you my friend, then as her son you should not refuse. mom will make that food with an immense amount of love bhai. mother has been given the highest status by guruji, who am i go against it.

afterall this naam we talk about, its all jus love isn't it. love and more love. thats all.

PS. i suspect there might be a scientific reason for cooking in sarbloh, as it adds extra iron to the food and that iron might be reason why sarblohi people can feel the "vibration" of naam more.

bhul chuk maaf

guru rakha.

One of the edicts given at the Baptismal ceremony is:

Gursikh di roti beti di saanjh Gursikh naal.

The Gursikhs have to share food and establish marital relationships with Gursikhs only

This edict is enjoined upon all the baptized Sikhs at the Baptismal ceremony at every Amrit Sanchar in the Panth irrespective of organizations or Jathas arranging it.

Guru Granth Sahib says: "Chau Warna ko sanja updesh"

Katri, Bahaman, soodh and bedh!

Harminder Sahib has 4 doors, why? Because all four from the above for example can come in to the Darabar sahib and sit with the Amritdharis/Non-Amritdhari and eat the langar.

Actually Nanak Sahib ji says:

"Sucha kavan thau, Kaha beth ha bojan kow"

Story: Pandit once said to Guru ji, that this is "sucha" place and not "jhoota" place, Guru ji said all the world is "jhoota", nothing is "sucha" without "NAAM"

"Sucha eh nah ankhian, behan jo pinda toi, suchae sayhee nanaka, jin man vasiyah soi"

Meaning a person who lord prevades is the truth.

pray.gif

no i didnt say that. you are taking my point and twisting it around. go ahead by all means if you want to be a sarblohi. i have no problem with it. but, how can i not accept food for my mom??? i simply cannot do that.

such a trivial issue and look how many pages have been filled and yet no conclusion, and there never will be.

PS. i don't know much about rehitnamay's. i think i read somehwere that there are so the ones which put the females down immensly. we dont seem to be following them now are we. we should test the validity of these rehitnamay using gurbani as a sateek.....

guru kirpa kare. bhul chuk maaf

guru rakha

Can you do ardaas for a turkey on a platter and do ardaas and give it to Sangat? Does it become pure?

again, NOTHING is pure without naam. and with naam EVERYTHING is pure. thats all there is to it. i dont wish to debate with anyone because i dont feel i can add to the discussion. i had a couple of things to say and they have been said.

PS. have you been to hemkunt sahib?

bhul chuk maaf

guru rakha.