Accepting Roti From Sehajdhari Mother

However I understand that Amritsar has got 4 doors, to allow any cast, creed, race, any religion to prepare the langar and people do sit down together in gurus free langar regardless of being amritdhari or non.

Actually, traditionally the langar at Harimander Sahib was only prepared by amritdharees. Infact, even now, if you go there, you can see the sign that says only amritdharees are allowed to prepare langar, its just that no one pays heed to the Sikh traditions or maryadas anymore. THey are too busy being all encompassing and politically correct to see that while trying to please others, they are throughing SIkhi out into the air. A Sikh does not keep bibek because they think they are better than non amritdharees. IF they do, this is the wrong reason for bibek. A Sikh should always be the dust of everyone's feet. A SIkh keeps bibek simply because it is a puratan rehit of Guru Ji. It is a way of showing love and devotion to Guru Ji, by followin thier rehit, since Guru Ji said Rehit Pyaree Mujh Ko, Sikh Pyaraa Nahe. It has nothing to do with ego or haumai, or atleast it shouldnt.

traditonally , there used to be muslims rabibi doing kirtan at darbar sahib as well, there was meat served in harmandir sahib as well. whether you like it or not, history is history..it doesnt bound to any individuals beleif.. if you talk about traditions of harmandir sahib then talk about mahaparsad as well sukh nidhaan because these were very common pratice prior to tat khalsa.

Dont pick and choose from the history, either accept everything as a tradition or reject everything..dont post stuff which suits your own jatha agenda and back away from it whenever it doesnt suit your jatha agenda.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear cybersangat ji-gurfateh ji

If I receive amrit from the beloved 5, can I eat dhaal/sabji and roti cooked by my sehajdhari mum ? If I can't it could potentially drive a wedge between our relationship....?

wjkk

wjkf

:D @

When you mother carried you in her womb and her blood coursed through your body, did you ask her if she was good enough then?

When her breast nursed you and nurished you, did you ask if she was worthy then?

When you fell over as a small child and she kissed the pain away, did you worry about her 'jhoot' then?

When your parents worked all day long to provide food on your table, did you concern yourself with the status of their hands then?

Respect your mother and always accept her food, she loves you and has nourished you from months before your birth. d_oh.gif

If you can't do this, then make the lifetime commitment to take over ALL of the buying, preparing, cooking and serving of the food in your house on her behalf!!! Still seem complicated grin.gif

AAA

fully agree with you ji.

i made a similiar post earlier:

Off course you can,

Mother is image of God. Regardless if she has amrit or not...there is nothing wrong with accepted roti, dhaal sabji from her hands... at the end of day, she is your mama man

Dont let this bamal bossa(dubta) cross your mind,

ask yourself and people who are giving you these advise to have sarbloh bibek as first priority , screw the relations towards mother:

I got two questions:

1. Where was these people's soo called sarbloh bibek when they were in womb of their mothers?

2. Where was these people's soo called sarbloh bibek when they were being breast fed by their mothers?

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!

Don't worry sajjno.. he/she(the original poster) is eating something to survive :TH: ..just don't attack each other.. this won't lead you no where.

Hun menu bhuk laggi..mein vi chaliya :D

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni

I got two questions:

1. Where was these people's soo called sarbloh bibek when they were in womb of their mothers?

2. Where was these people's soo called sarbloh bibek when they were being breast fed by their mothers?

To answer both of your questions with one stone, I'll go for the most simple and obvious answer in hopes that you may grasp it:

Where was "these people's soo called sarbloh bibek"? They weren't amritdharee yet (duh?), thus did not follow any rehit, including sarbloh bibek or anything else for that matter.

I got two questions:

To answer both of your questions with one stone, I'll go for the most simple and obvious answer in hopes that you may grasp it:

Where was "these people's soo called sarbloh bibek"? They weren't amritdharee yet (duh?), thus did not follow any rehit, including sarbloh bibek or anything else for that matter.

To put a spin on it , they still have naam liv in them, so that doesnt devalue them from soo called amrit dhari/rehitdhari/bibekdhari etc etc... in fact kids are bhramgyani in sukhopat avastha, and gurmukhs are bhramgyani in turiya avastha..read this following line:

Nuo Nidh Amrit Prab Ka Naam, Dehi Meh Eska Bisram ||

which amrit you talking about? sanskar amrit? becauase as far as i know, each human being has naam amrit in them, its because of agyan they cannot see it or taste it for that purpose you need sanaskar amrit. and quite frankly, sikh dharam is not the only "stall" to give out sansakar amrit, they are many spiritual school of thoughts have different traditional amrit sanchars ie- intitation by khanda (sikhs), intiation by charan (rest of hindustani spiritual school of thoughts, intitation by murshid putting hand on murid head(sufi) etc.

I beleive sarbloh bibek is part of rehit and its minimal because its optional,.. people like using sant gurbachan singh khalsa bhindranwale name, yes they kept sarbloh bibek so as my teacher- sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale but they had levels of sarbloh bibek, they didnt made sarbloh bibek rehit as an idol/karam kandis ritual.

In taksal and other samparda's sarbloh bibek is optional because its not coming from seena basina(from successor to successor), sant sunder singh ji bhindranwale didnt had a sarbloh bibek but his student- sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale did but according to you sharia sikhs probably- his teacher was manmati singh.??.lol..welcome to black and white sikhi!.

In words of my teacher who is also sarbloh bibeki- sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale- he goes proffesor sahib ji neh bibek rakh laieya, katar ban gaya, he wouldnt even eccept food from his own wife.. whats point of this sarbloh bibek? that sarbloh bibek with no levels of exceptions caused daily kalech khanna in his ghar, sarbloh bibek instead of making his jivan ucha, made his jivan kalech khanna because levels of bibek was fully ignored.

Also budda dal nihang singhs use sarbloh bibek but their reasoning is quite different from hybrid version of nihang wanna be's.. nihang singhs been using sarbloh bibek for many centuries so there is no enemy infltration who can mix poison in the langar, they maintain it by partaking food only from fellow nihangs in circle of trust(within the dal) but hybrid version of nihang wanna be's think by taking sucha food from non amrit dharis somehow takes naam kamaie from person who is taking the food like if its some sort of worm that kills naam kaamiya inside ya..., they even go far as not taking food from their fellow amrit dharis because they didn't had "naam dridtha" claiming them as kacha pilla dhilla singh ..... that's quite sadistic if you ask me, they have made themselves nothing but karam khandis bhramins.

Practicing Sarbloh Bibek is different than only eating from Amritdharees. These are two different issues. This discussion is about eating from Amritdharees. I will say that if you are not Amritdharee then you don't have any right to tell an Amritdharee what to do. Because for an Amritdharee Guru Sahib tell's that person what to follow.

It seems people find it hard to follow so they label it as being a wrong practice. If the Panj command you to not eat from non Amritdharees then that is hukam of Guru Sahib not of some jatha. The Panj Pyaray don't belong to a specific jatha.

Also I would say that our parents always want whats best for us. Sometimes they don't see this because they themselves have not been on the path. We should always value what our parents say but when it comes to Rehit, then it's what Guru Sahib says that counts, not our parents. After taking Amrit Guru Sahib becomes our Parent.

What Bapu says we must do. :nihungsmile: