Accepting Roti From Sehajdhari Mother

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
Also I think that if you take Amrit and your Panj Payarays say that only eat from Amritdharis, how can one debate that? Why would one debate that?

Something to think about.

I bet most of the people debating are NOT Amritdari, so they have never had a hukam by Guru Panj Pyare, and therfore they think they can question Sikhi from the core of Gurus hukam.

If you have taken Amrit and you still think you can eat what and whereever then you have adopted a life of manmat which is very present in todays world.

Whats funny is, when you get older and actually start to read all the info about this topic and either gets justified or youll find out how uneducated you were and how hypocritical you will be about it in your adult years :D Once you have read it with your eyes,or the Panj Pyare gives you instruction, then your mind can never justify it away (at least in my case)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I think that if you take Amrit and your Panj Payarays say that only eat from Amritdharis, how can one debate that? Why would one debate that?

I bet most of the people debating are NOT Amritdari, so they have never had a hukam by Guru Panj Pyare, and therfore they think they can question Sikhi from the core of Gurus hukam.

If you have taken Amrit and you still think you can eat what and whereever then you have adopted a life of manmat which is very present in todays world.

Whats funny is, when you get older and actually start to read all the info about this topic and either gets justified or youll find out how uneducated you were and how hypocritical you will be about it in your adult years :D Once you have read it with your eyes,or the Panj Pyare gives you instruction, then your mind can never justify it away (at least in my case)

Pritam veera, what did you get hukam of not taking veggies from supermaket, how do we know where they are prepared etc? because let me assure you sikhi isnt something small....however if you are trying your utmost best I congratulate you on your excellence.

He who ever blesses the food with clean heart and "NAAM" is good.

Isnt the food in the langar still not guru ka langar.....rejection of guru ka langer???

Guroo Kaa Langar is made by Guroo Ke Sikh....

Veera you getting confused, in todays Gurdwara and perhaps well back in the days, people from all walks of life do "seva" in the langar, hence, are we going to reject the langar? Lets stay home shall we, lets not go to gurdwara because the Langar is made form all walks of life....well?

If one wants to devote time to "GOD" and "GURU" and become a devotee "Amritdhari", this is the way to learn by doing "seva" and "simran" without these essentials, your appearance counts for nothing.

and last of all let me leave you with a pleasant quote for our beloved Guru Granth Shahib:, page 282

In addition to the ideals of equality, the tradition of Langar expresses the ethics of sharing, and preparation, community, inclusiveness and oneness of all humankind. "..the Light of God is in all hearts." (sggs 282).

However Amritdharis are not allowed to eat "Jhoot"

Bhul Chuk Maaf

I can tell you that at my local Gurdwara most if not all who make the Langar are mona or they wear a turban but shave their beards. And I used to eat at the Gurdwara but inside I felt that it was wrong. Knowing who was preparing the Langar without regard for proper Langar Maryada hurt. I was also told by others who did seva in the kitchen that some of the sevadaars would "taste test" the Langar without regard for Jooth. I once was talking to one of the Sevadaars, he was mona and he was eating his breakfast in the kitchen. And right next to his meal, I mean like 2 inches away, was a container full of Degh cooling off. He was litterally eating his meal on the Degh. As I was standing there, someone told him to take the Degh upstairs in the Darbar Hall. And as he was eating, he put down the food that he was eating, and picked up the Degh and took it upstairs. I was shocked. So after these incidents I stopped eating at my local Gurdwara. You can say why don't you tell them to do the right thing. The reason being that no one would listen. Monas run the Gurdwara and they make the Langar.

Vaheguru Rakha..

I can tell you that at my local Gurdwara most if not all who make the Langar are mona or they wear a turban but shave their beards. And I used to eat at the Gurdwara but inside I felt that it was wrong. Knowing who was preparing the Langar without regard for proper Langar Maryada hurt. I was also told by others who did seva in the kitchen that some of the sevadaars would "taste test" the Langar without regard for Jooth. I once was talking to one of the Sevadaars, he was mona and he was eating his breakfast in the kitchen. And right next to his meal, I mean like 2 inches away, was a container full of Degh cooling off. He was litterally eating his meal on the Degh. As I was standing there, someone told him to take the Degh upstairs in the Darbar Hall. And as he was eating, he put down the food that he was eating, and picked up the Degh and took it upstairs. I was shocked. So after these incidents I stopped eating at my local Gurdwara. You can say why don't you tell them to do the right thing. The reason being that no one would listen. Monas run the Gurdwara and they make the Langar.

Vaheguru Rakha..

What Gurdwara do you go to? Woah, some things happening there then. All I can see everyone is welcome to prepare Langar as long as they keep their head covered and reciting "NAAM" and not doing silly things in the Gurus free kitchen.

Well where I go there is all people from walks of life, always covered head an reciting "NAAM".

Oh well, perhaps in your case, what can one do.

Pritam veera, what did you get hukam of not taking veggies from supermaket

NO, a sarcastic statement like that insults the real hukam.

In my case I live in California and seriously Sikhs own 70% of the fruit and vegatables. (I also know of Sikhs that own wine grapes, so they profit off of alcohol which they probably make like a punjabi marketed wine or something) So I can say when I go to the farm produce markets Im more likely to get produce grown from a Sikh (although some might not be but you get smee pictorial :D )

Im stricter than the average Sikh convert and you telling me Im saying Sikhi is small?????? Im trying to help people want to become a Sikh not just to talk about habits etc alot of people manmat all of Sikhi which some will be pulled in and others will be pushed away. Give your head to the Guru and he will give you the knowledge.

Who here is Amritdari and debating about what to eat for a Khalsa??????

As a child I was taught that Golden temple had 4 gates facing all direction .

This implied that all people from all backgrounds of religion, race, caste, country were welcome to Golden temple to prayand to have guru ka langar.

The topic here is contrary to our Gurus teaching.

I always thought that Sikhsim was a inclusive religion and not a exclusive one

Bhul chuk maf

Nanak Nam chadi kala tera bane sarvat tha bhalla

love

hps

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!

FATEH!!!

Hmm...One amritdhari person just asks if its acceptable for him/her to eat food prepared by his/her mother who is sehajdhari.

and we got mixed opinions. Some say its just fine to consume that food and some have presented very extremist views.

SIKHI IS NOT ABOUT EXTREMISIM, SIKHI IS ABOUT LEARNING.

I do agree the food we consume does affect us but realistically speaking food prepared by a mother for her son/daughter will always have a positive effect. That food is always prepared with love and utmost devotion.

My personal opinion: Its not a big issue who prepared the food but how it was prepared matters. The person who asked this question should eat the food prepared by his/her mother :TH: .

Now i would like to ask a few questions from the SANGAT.

1. Why is the langar at Harmandir Sahib served in Stainless Steel platters?

2. I dont know if you guys ever came across this news. A couple was arrested a few years back for poisoning DAL at Harmandir Sahib. The couple was AMRITDHARI. what would you say about this ?

3. Why dont the Gurughars serve food in SARBLOH WALLE BHANDE?

4. SIKHI talks of equality. If Amritdhari person can cook food for evreyone to eat, why should an Amritdhari eat from Amritdhari's and not from others. If Amritdhari's are so much into SARBLOH BIBEK, why dont they stop serving food to everyone else ?

5. When my Amritdhari brothers travel to India from US or Canada do they not eat food for almost 24 hours ? Please dont say you cook your food and take it with you rolleyes.gif

6. Someone here said only Amritdhari people are SIKHS. Where does that say in SGGS ? So should i say if a person is Amritdhari now but he was born to a Sehajdhari mother he should never be considered a SIKH because he came into existence because of someone who wasn't a SIKH LOL.gif Okie this was stupid , but it came to my mind so typed it.

7. Should i assume that hardcore amritdharis dont go out and eat ? They dont eat with people who they interact with ? They have cut themselves socially ?

Okie i can keep going but thats not required.

SIKHI IS ABOUT FINDING TRUTH, ITS NOT ABOUT FIGHTING OVER HOW TO EAT, WHAT TO EAT AND WHO TO EAT FROM

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni. I dont mean to offend any of the SIKHS ( Amritdharis and Shejdharis ) :D

GURU ANG SANG!!!

I had written this post a long time back and i was expecting some answers but i never recieved any.

Who here is Amritdari and debating about what to eat for a Khalsa??????

Where does it say non amritdharis cant debate?? Amritdharis are humans too and they are very much likely to commit mistakes. Amritdharis aren't flawless..are they ??

PSK veerji.. i dont think anyone was trying to tell you anything.

This has nothing to do with this topic but as i had said earlier that your views are biased sometimes. It seems you are totally against hindus and india. Since when did SIKHI encourage hating ??

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni

GURU ANG SANG!!

Where does it say non amritdharis cant debate?? Amritdharis are humans too and they are very much likely to commit mistakes. Amritdharis aren't flawless..are they ??

PSK veerji.. i dont think anyone was trying to tell you anything.

This has nothing to do with this topic but as i had said earlier that your views are biased sometimes. It seems you are totally against hindus and india. Since when did SIKHI encourage hating ??

I just asked who is giving advice that they dont follow themselves, and yes all my views are biased towards Sikhi. Amritdaris are disgustingly human like all the rest of humans yes, and......????? you didnt say Im against muslims too

Actually it is a fact that in the Golden Temple there is a sign in the kitchen that says that only Amritdharees can make the Langar.

Also when people say that veggies for example are handled by others before we use them that is true. The idea that you eat food made by Amritdharees applies to the finished product. Of course everything we eat is grown by others and harvested then we cook it into something. Yes it is handled by others, that's not the point, and that can't be avoided. So the finished product is what we are talking about. That should be made yourself or an Amritdharee person if you are Amritdharee, not the ingredients that it took to make the food.

Guest s133k_s1kh

I just asked who is giving advice that they dont follow themselves, and yes all my views are biased towards Sikhi. Amritdaris are disgustingly human like all the rest of humans yes, and......????? you didnt say Im against muslims too

FATEH!!!

SIKHI doesnt encourage hatred against mankind.

Bhai Kanhaiya JI Waheguru!!!

GUR FATEH!!!