Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Taken To Reception Hall

R4G

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember sumone who watched it telling me that the wedding took place in Sunderland!

The only Gurdwara in Sunderland is Sunderland Sikh Association, Ashbrooke Hall, The Cloisters, Sunderland, County Durham. SR2 7ED tel 0191 5672939

This Gurdwara has a party hall!! Read below:

http://www.panthic.org/discussion.php?id=2451

Beadbi at Liquor Shop Prevented by Sangat

Posted: 2006-05-12 01:16:37

Author : dal, uk

Is it me or is this not right. Recently I attended a wedding in Sunderland, I was amazed the way things unfolded. After the wedding at the Gurdwara we attended the reception (next door in a old coverted church) which at the time I thought was acceptable as it saved a lot of time. But the thing that amazed me was the fact the meat and alcohol was readily available and in the same builing on the other side of a 'locked' door (like that makes a difference) langar was being served for sangat. Also the fact that there was a sign for the Sunderland Sikh Society on the wall I felt quite offended that people were happily consuming meat and drink with a big Khanda on the wall. Check that out!!

Something weird going on here............I wouldnt put it pass this Gurdwara for organising this wedding....

i remember sumone who watched it telling me that the wedding took place in Sunderland!

The only Gurdwara in Sunderland is Sunderland Sikh Association, Ashbrooke Hall, The Cloisters, Sunderland, County Durham. SR2 7ED tel 0191 5672939

This Gurdwara has a party hall!! Read below:

http://www.panthic.org/discussion.php?id=2451

Beadbi at Liquor Shop Prevented by Sangat

Posted: 2006-05-12 01:16:37

Author : dal, uk

Is it me or is this not right. Recently I attended a wedding in Sunderland, I was amazed the way things unfolded. After the wedding at the Gurdwara we attended the reception (next door in a old coverted church) which at the time I thought was acceptable as it saved a lot of time. But the thing that amazed me was the fact the meat and alcohol was readily available and in the same builing on the other side of a 'locked' door (like that makes a difference) langar was being served for sangat. Also the fact that there was a sign for the Sunderland Sikh Society on the wall I felt quite offended that people were happily consuming meat and drink with a big Khanda on the wall. Check that out!!

Something weird going on here............I wouldnt put it pass this Gurdwara for organising this wedding....

Just been told there's a banner in the wedding video recording shown on the Shaadi Show which says "Sunderland Sikh Association". If you do a google search you get the following address:

Guru Gobind Sikh Temple (Sunderland Sikh Association)

Ashbrooke Hall,

The Cloisters,

Sunderland,

County Durham

SR2 7ED

0191 5672939

Looks like it was definetly Sunderland!

Some how this goes to the debate of using tables and chairs for lunger,

As these people are going to use tables and chairs for their banquet / reception there seems NO REASON why they cannot use chairs for the wedding ceremony,

The Sikhs present don’t mind that the non-Sikhs are on chairs but no one seems bothered to notice that the guests are higher than the guru granth sahib, or they don’t really care, I guess they are glad that they have actually turned up for the wedding.

I just wonder, no, not wonder, I AM ASTOUNDED why do they bother ? is it to fill their perception that u can’t have a wedding without SGGS ?

if or even when the guests asks why the palaver of the SGGS ,

do they say it’s the granth sahib given the status of Sri Guru Granth Sabhib the living Guru bestowed the status by the 10 th Guru, Sri Guru Gobind singh ji for all SIKH WEDDINGS to be blessed by the Guru.……….wow

how come u bring your guru to a hall then ?..........

fools / idiots / or just plain stupid….

Shame shame shame..

It is down to the youth / next generation who will HAVE to insist on a wedding

IN A GURUDWARA….

some one go to this place and tell them what sikhism is !!!!!!!!!!!!! please.

Guest gurpreet_singh101

vjkk vjkf

sangat ji we still need proper confirmation that it was sunderland!!

by the way i got a far distance relative that lives in sunderland and he consumes meat and does Guru Ji's Seva and neva spoke to him only seem him once at a family gathering thing would not be suprised if the rest of the committe is like this since it's in these kind of areas where the majority of the sikh population don't live so they think they can be relaxed and not do things properly, n no one will know

vjkk vjkf

sangat ji we still need proper confirmation that it was sunderland!!

by the way i got a far distance relative that lives in sunderland and he consumes meat and does Guru Ji's Seva and neva spoke to him only seem him once at a family gathering thing would not be suprised if the rest of the committe is like this since it's in these kind of areas where the majority of the sikh population don't live so they think they can be relaxed and not do things properly, n no one will know

n no one will know :D @

n no one will know grin.gif

n no one will know :D

ha ha ha didn't the tv crew give the game away LOL.gif

As long as we have the <banned word filter activated> in my signiture pretending to be the Jathedar of the Akal Takht we will never stop such beadbi happening. To date he has failed to summon anyone to the Akal Takht for beadbi in the UK. If he doe snot want to summon people he should give up the job gets some chanjra and become a hijra. If he wants to remain Jathedr he should get off his backside and at least make an effort to summon people to the Akal Takht for punishment. He comes to the UK on secret visits and is usually hosted by the Soho Road Wale. Why do they hide his visits and not take the lead in making him aware of the beadbi issue ?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

They did a hindu wdding right after?????? Are they Sikh or hindu??????????? They sound HINDU?????????

To me it looked as if there is a stage and the people on the chairs are lower level than the people on the floor. (Mad disrespect dont get me wrong)

WE ARE THE SIKHS IN THE TIME OF DRASTIC CHANGE. WILL IT STOP OR GET REALLY WORSE?? WE WILL EITHER BE A STUPID GENERATION OR WE WILL STOP THE MADNESS. WE NEED PEOPLE TO LEARN SIKHI THE CORRECT GURMAT WAY. WE ARE ALMOST GOING TO NEED A BLACKLIST OF BEADBI AND THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED SEVERELY.

RAJ KAREGA KHALSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paaji if thats true then, the granthi defo gotta be from a gurdwara in teeside and theres four or five out there so it shouldnt be too difficult spotting out the 'gyanis'

he defo aint from newcastle gurudwara,i cant recall seeing him around. i cant confirm if its sunderland or teeside ...........thers gota be someone from there online??????

They did a hindu wdding right after?????? Are they Sikh or hindu??????????? They sound HINDU?????????

To me it looked as if there is a stage and the people on the chairs are lower level than the people on the floor. (Mad disrespect dont get me wrong)

WE ARE THE SIKHS IN THE TIME OF DRASTIC CHANGE. WILL IT STOP OR GET REALLY WORSE?? WE WILL EITHER BE A STUPID GENERATION OR WE WILL STOP THE MADNESS. WE NEED PEOPLE TO LEARN SIKHI THE CORRECT GURMAT WAY. WE ARE ALMOST GOING TO NEED A BLACKLIST OF BEADBI AND THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED SEVERELY.

RAJ KAREGA KHALSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are sikhs ...........why do we have to call every sikh who does things wrong a hindu............. we gota face it , people are doing bad things in our community, they are sikhs who are not sikhs................ if you get me , i know all this rss etc, but lets not insult hindus ALL the time.