My Last Ever Post!

u know sikhism is universal, its guru gobindh singh that created the khalsa and gave us an identity. so if its not ment to be, u wont amritshak. but u can b a sikh, sikhi is about inisde not officially labelling urself. so just carry on reciting plenty of bani and naam simran. also wake up amritvela and guruji will bless you in your next life. hopefully you can take amrit then and be liberated from all this suffering i mentioned in my earlier post.

so ok if you want to make ur parents happy, u can be labelled as whatever religion. but guruji will know if ur a sikh inside and to have sikhi inside i must repeat the following:

do naam simran/bani as much as u can

wake up as early as u can

control ur 5 thieves

earn an honest living and give to charity

u can keep ur appearence and identity which will make ur parents happy, but be a sikh on the inside which is what really counts!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone can promise me that one day my family will accept me then i will convert to Sikhism when i'm 18.

Khala123

sure i'll do that. buh beware my words are quite meaningless. perhaphs you need to be confident in yourself, make a decision and stick with it :D

Guest s133k_s1kh
If someone can promise me that one day my family will accept me then i will convert to Sikhism when i'm 18.

Khala123

FATEH!!

Don't think too much now. Just live your life and try to understand the purpose of your exsitence. btw did you read the article posted by Bass Singh ?

Here >>> http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=22159

GUR FATEH!!

Guest peacemaker

This horrible problem thats plaguing my mind is mental torture, i need to get is solved, its distracting me from my work, if someone said that one day your whole family who shunned you will accept u bk, ill be fine.

Khalsa123

But I don't think anyone on this forum can promise you that because we don't personally know your family.

Khala123

koeI jwnY kvnu eIhw jig mIqu ]

koee jaanai kavan eehaa jag meeth ||

Does anyone know, who is our friend in this world?

ijsu hoie ik®pwlu soeI ibiD bUJY qw kI inrml rIiq ]1] rhwau ]

jis hoe kirapaal soee bidhh boojhai thaa kee niramal reeth ||1|| rehaao ||

He alone understands this, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. Immaculate and unstained is his way of life. ||1||Pause||

mwq ipqw binqw suq bMDp iest mIq Aru BweI ] pUrb jnm ky imly sMjogI AMqih ko n shweI ]1]

maath pithaa banithaa suth ba(n)dhhap eisatt meeth ar bhaaee || poorab janam kae milae sa(n)jogee a(n)thehi ko n sehaaee ||1||

Mother, father, spouse, children, relatives, lovers, friends and siblings meet, having been associated in previous lives; but none of them will be your companion and support in the end. ||1||

rqnu iqAwig kaufI sMig rcY ]

rathan thiaag kouddee sa(n)g rachai ||

Forsaking the jewel, they are engrossed with a shell.

swcu Coif JUT sMig mcY ]

saach shhodd jhoot(h) sa(n)g machai ||

They renounce Truth and embrace falsehood.

jo Cfnw su AsiQru kir mwnY ]

jo shhaddanaa s asathhir kar maanai ||

That which passes away, they believe to be permanent.

jo hovnu so dUir prwnY ]

jo hovan so dhoor paraanai ||

That which is immanent, they believe to be far off.

Coif jwie iqs kw sRmu krY ]

shhodd jaae this kaa sram karai ||

They struggle for what they must eventually leave.

sMig shweI iqsu prhrY ]

sa(n)g sehaaee this pareharai ||

They turn away from the Lord, their Help and Support, who is always with them.

cMdn lypu auqwrY Doie ]

cha(n)dhan laep outhaarai dhhoe ||

They wash off the sandalwood paste;

grDb pRIiq Bsm sMig hoie ]

garadhhab preeth bhasam sa(n)g hoe ||

like donkeys, they are in love with the mud.

AMD kUp mih piqq ibkrwl ]

a(n)dhh koop mehi pathith bikaraal ||

They have fallen into the deep, dark pit.

nwnk kwiF lyhu pRB dieAwl ]4]

naanak kaadt laehu prabh dhaeiaal ||4||

Nanak: lift them up and save them, O Merciful Lord God! ||4||

i'm gonna say something that's probably gonna bother a few people, cuz it's not in line what they're sayin in terms of advice.

Here goes:

In my opinion, there's no such thing as a test in sikhi

Daday Doss NA dayo kissay dos karamaa aapniyaa

JO MAI KEEYA SO MAI PAAYA dos NA deejay, AVAR JANAA

anything you go through is through your own karam, your own karma, your own actions/misactions, deeds/misdeeds, so on, so forth.

So, then the question is...you don't know what you've done that was so bad to put you in this position. the question is what are you going to do so that your future (in this life or in future lives) is not paralyzed like it is right now

make your good deeds start now, and whatever it is you decide, make sure it's a decision that you can make with 100% of your heart behind it.

someone said once

"Everything we do must be done with love. Dhan Guru Nanak is HUNGRY for Divine Love"

If you can't put that kind of conviction behind your choices, decisions, and actions, then you shuldn't MAKE that decision.

BUT one thing that you must know is that you're not EVER alone. You're NEVER the only one going through your situation. In fact, based on my conversations with some people on THIS VERY board, youve told some people that they don't understand, when in my knowledge, they can VERY CLOSELY relate to what you're saying.

So. Your deeds now are what mould your future hurdles.

If there's anything i CAN advise, it's the following:

whatever decision you make in terms of Sikhi, i hope that you will take the absolute best out of it. This is GOING to be one of those cases where by choosing one, you're missing out on the other. Regardless, you have to find a way to take all the good, and leave out the bad thoughts, the bad feelings, and the bad vibes. If you do choose your family, and refrain from adopting Sikhi as your way of life, you must promise yourself to not let it bother you if anyone in your family ever mocks you about it from now on, because that's not good for your own growth. The same goes the other way. If you adopt Sikhi, then let no one affect you (including sikhs) if comments about your family is made, because you clearly are very very conjoined to your family emotionally. And in order to get RID of emotional attachment, sometimes you can't just fight it straight ahead and ignore and disobey and neglect the person(or people) you are attached to.

Take all the good, grow spiritually to your maximum ability, and leave out all the bad. Those are my thoughts

pritam singh wat do u mean by ur question? of course u need amrit to reach sachkhand, but u have to understand only fortunate ones can recieve this blessed gift (like u)! the least someone can do is follow the teachings of guruji (some which i mentioned) and hoepfully the guru will bless them with amrit later in this life or in the next.

the worse thing is to take amrit and break it.