My Last Ever Post!

Guest peacemaker

You can't force anyone to be a sikh. Let him leave if he wants to. There are other paths to the same goal. I'm sick of this bickering back and forth. The guy has real life family issues and we should be open and respectful to that. He can't run away from his family. Don't make him do things that you yourself would have doubts about doing, too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

He said this was his last post. I don't know what kind of "help" you had in mind. Yes, you did a good job of explaining why he should remain sikh, but after the fifth time, we should just let him be.

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

I guarantee you Khalsa 123 your parents will not only accept you but will be very proud of you. A lot of people at 3HO have gone through this phase with family friends but have always been accepted in the end and have in fact inspired others around them to at least learn more about sikhism.

Pritam is a living example of this.

Sikhism places great importance on sehaj i.e. you have to be at ease with yourself - right now you seem to be in a dilemma.

BTW what country are you from ?

You are just like a younger brother to me and I am always going to be there regardless of you choosing to be a sikh!

My mail id is singhjess@gmail.com - feel free to write.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

i know ur thinking who's this i've been checking the site out for a while just never replied don't really have much to say just here to learn

but when i first read your msg i was shocked i had to reply. last night i was justly tellin my younger brother about you and how ur such an inspiration, not being from a sikhi family and wanting to learn so much about sikhi i understand it has been reallly hard for you.

i just want you to think. once sikhi has touched your life u cant turn away form it no matter how much u try. what if u decide 'that's it i will do only what my parents say'. few days or if you try weeks later, you will find that u can't live without sikhi and feel u can't stop urself going to the gurdwara, doing simran. is it not better for u to be totally honest with ur parents now and live with the consquences, than having to lie to them and them finding out later.

trust waheguru one day they will recognise ur determination and be soooooo proud of you and who knows they my even recognise that sikhi is also the way for them. it happens!

stay strong, i'm sure your parents will admire your detemination and realise that this is more than just a phase ur going through.

hope this makes some sense