Keys Locked In Car!

vaheguruji ka khalsa vaheguruji ki fateh!

i think this cums under the technical section .... basically how does one get car keys out of a locked car without having a duplicate set of keys .... :D if there are any reformed car thieves out there id be grateful for any advice.... iv tried to jam it open with a screwdriver.... n ive tried all our neighbours keys with same model of car....

dust of ur sweet charan

vaheguruji ka khalsa vaheguruji ki fateh

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What model car do you have?

If it is a old one, then you should be able to put a wire hanger over the window and pull the lock up, but if it is a new car then do what i would do. Brake a small window , grab the keys, and claim it on teh insurance as a broken window. however just make sure you excess isnt to much before braking a window.

Yeh it depends on the type of car u own.

Also, where are they locked in? If in the boot, what you could do is actually smash the light and take it apart to get inside and fish out the keys.

If actually inside the car, then a coat hanger could work ... but it cud take a while.

I would call AA who would do it for u - they might even have a spare key for u dependent on the actual make n model of car. Obviously, if its something like a Merc with remote control codes then it may be difficult.

If not - smash the window (rear passanger ones are easier to replace i believe)

If it is a old one, then you should be able to put a wire hanger over the window and pull the lock up, but if it is a new car then do what i would do. Brake a small window , grab the keys, and claim it on teh insurance as a broken window. however just make sure you excess isnt to much before braking a window.

Sikhs dont do dishonest things

Sikhs dont do dishonest things

rolleyes.gif

ba ba ba baddddd! BAD TO THE BONES!! notme.gif

Before breaking anything, compare the cost of having a professional come and open your door for you against the cost of replacing a broken window or light. You may be in for a nasty surprise with respect to repair costs if you break anything. I'm quite certain that if you can not do it yourself, the best method is to call a professional who will have the tools to get in your car.

I'm sure you will ignore the suggestion of making fraudulent insurance claims. Very generally speaking insurance companies have become legalized criminal enterprises, but unless it was part of an organized planned protest or something similar, any fraudulent claim could and should get one in hot water.

its a lil nissan micra... AA people came n sorted it.... thank u tho lots n lots for the suggestions... those of u suggested the coat hanger method... thats exactly what they did.... they wedged it open at the top with a plastic thing... (looks like a door stopper thing) n used metal coat hanger thing to grab onto inside lock n pull it open... pure genius... (il keep it in mind for future refernce as im sure il leave them in the car again!) rolleyes.gif altho i was expecting sumthin a lil more sophisticated n complicated but saying that simplicity works best always.... may guruji bless u all with simran, sewa, bani and bana....dust of ur sweet sweet charan.

d_oh.gif