Delhi - A Novel

$ingh $oorma

Also if Sikhs had adopted a M. Ghandian philosophy of passiveness, then guess what?

People would be spitting all over us.

In the real world (not some mary poppins fantasy), an 'eye for an eye' is needed in some circs.

This is exactly the point I mentioned one post back that revenge in many cases was the function of 'social pressure' and boosting of one's own ego !

In assasinating Indra Gandhi while in her service, and whilst enjoying her trust, the two bodyguards of her's stabbed her in the back. If they so desperately wanted to take revenge on her, then they would have stopped 'faking' loyalty to her first and openly told her that they would like to leave her employment because they no longer trusted her and were no more interested to protect her.

Even on the outside they would have known quite a lot about her security detail and movement etc, and if they desperately wished to take revenge on her, they could very well have. Security in those days was nowhere near to what it is now.

Until now I have only known Islamists to be ever ready to stab one in the back and betray you if you are not a co-religionist because are a kafir for them.

'Nice' to see you think that a job should come before Sikhi and justice.

It's not about a bloody job, it's about 'trust'. Ring any bells ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sangat ji Gur Fateh Parwan karni.. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sangat ji plz Dont Waste ur Time now .. Eh Gandhi di moorat nu iss de khayalan nal rehan do.. iss kol siraf kitabi gayan aa .. kissi maa dad dard jaa ke vekhe jiss ne app de putt khoye aa .. kissi baap da akhan vekhe jiss ne app di beti da rape hunday vekhya ... iss da ki aa iss ne ta keh dita ki main uhna nu vi maff karr daunga.. Assi app di kaum De papiyan nu je saja nahi de sakde fer shayad sadi anakh marr chuki aa .. parr iss nu ki pata ki anakh hai ki ... veer kadi milaya kissi sikh nu jis ne 84 vich apna sabb kuj kho dita ... shayad ehh sadi forgiveness hi si jiss de karan RSS , Indra, Badal, Vedanti VHP, Gill wargeyan ne sadi kaum da edda nuksan kita hoya.. veere ik hor salah dena chaunda tenu .. tu change change change kahi janda na , change kari apni shri sahib .. Nangi shri sahib aa teri .. iss nu mayan vich paa la.. je galti te kisse de vajj gayi .. hor panga khada ho jana teri jaan .. sada tan chal jana parr veer tu tan maffi mangde ne hi reh jana ... baki veero .. Gur kirpa kare chardi kala bakshe .. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i'm not a fan of kushwant singh and i totally agree with most people on this board that his writings are full of inciteful remarks...

just wanted to point to S1ngh veerji....what's his children's marriage got to do with anything??

parents are parents, children are children... they grow up and start making their own choices....his sikhi is not to be measured by what his children do or not do...that's a pretty weird way to judge anything...

Jss veerjee the statement i made won't make sense/applies to the western world as there is huge sikh cultural, family value differences between the eastern and western world. Here youth makes their own decision right after 18 but in india its different story. I am still not sure whether his kids married to non-sikh or not.. maybe im mistaking him for pm manmohan...

Raju brother.. Are you Sikh? if you are then only i would carry on debate with you :D Don't mind me saying that as i don't want to waste my time arguing with someone who doesn't belong to sikh faith.

Write what you will.....the death of Indira and the destruction of Harmandir Sahib was predestined by Akal Purakh, just as our every breathe is and will continue to be so until our dying day,

Thank you for the quick reminder :lol: Everything happens by the hukam of Saache Patshah

S1ngh, I know what you are getting at. I have no problem with your approach to things, but then when one has such an approach towards others then expect others to have the same approach as well, probably they are also as justified in their approach as you are.

It isn't like there is just a single pair of blinkered-glasses available in the market.