Broadband Internet Speed

Big_Tera

anyone know how do i make my broadband internet speed faster? i suspect that ive got some adware/spyware on my computer that could be slowing it down. also which adware/spyware removers are the best?? ive heard spoybot search and destroy has bugs or something.

well you heard wrong, Spybot Search and Destroy is a great program to have especially if you suffer from adware/spyware, it totally removes it, and yes your internet slows down due to the adware/spyware using the bandwidth up and downloading mallicious stuff on your pc and you won't even know it.

there if absolutley no way you can speed up your internet or make your download speeds faster, although you can save cookies etc or use the google accelerator to speed up your browsing, as the cookies are saved and you get the data from the google servers and your past browsing is saved so therefore makes your surfuring faster.

but there is no way to make it faster, i.e downloading software etc... it uses a similar method to google but no significant change except that your resources are being depleted tongue.gif

also get your self a good antivirus, good ones are NOD-32, Kaspersky, BitDefender is good but the first 2 are better, and NEVER use Norton Antivirus - it's a virus itself if you ask me :D

you can ask me anything you want or just drop an e-mail or something or even links for the software :lol:

i wouldn't use that anytime, in fact any of microsoft's products such as those... 1) its really resource consuming, lags the computer taking into consideration of your computer.

2) who knows what information it collects from your pc...

3) you can get much better programs that that for free with guaranteed support from authors, microsoft usually says, the problem is in your system, solve it then come back, the problem being, microsofts products...

i am writing this from past experience and is why i have switched over to Linux for a very long time now :D

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

In the past, I've used Adaware (one of the best non-real time scanners) and Windows Defender. I've not had ANY problems with Windows defender, and of course it provides Real time protection (super important) that the other spyware scanners don't have.

If you go to university, you might try to visit your computer services website. Where I am, they offer (for free to students) one of the best paid Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall Suites out there (F-secure/Kaspersky). If you get one of those, you can get rid of most of the other scanners as this one will take care of everything.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Guest Khalsa Productions

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

^^^ whats your internet speed? try putting the quality on low while its streaming then put it back on high when its done that will make it about 5 seconds faster LOL.gif

Emee anti virus programs and anti spy ware software are all rubbish I always have to manually remove them from my laptop.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

A bit of an aside really, but what speed is your broadband anyway?

This site will rate the actualy download speed u get from broadband:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

which depends on your distance from the local exchange.

I was going to sign up for 24meg broadband in Manchester, UK...then I remember that chances are i won't get that much download anyway, so I check the maxium speed on my line...which turned out to be 5mb....but still, bittorrent downloads at inexcess of 200 k/s....so I'm not complaining!!!!

i wouldn't use that anytime, in fact any of microsoft's products such as those... 1) its really resource consuming, lags the computer taking into consideration of your computer.

2) who knows what information it collects from your pc...

3) you can get much better programs that that for free with guaranteed support from authors, microsoft usually says, the problem is in your system, solve it then come back, the problem being, microsofts products...

i am writing this from past experience and is why i have switched over to Linux for a very long time now :D

thanks for the advice everyone. yeh thats the only thing im worried about. maybe microsoft could collect info from my pc or something.

i am writing this from past experience and is why i have switched over to Linux for a very long time now
grin.gif which programs you use for normall stuff, like multimedia n stuff. currently i work with xp buh i'm thinking of partioning the drive and installing vista on one as well. while i'm at it, might as well do 3 partitions and install linux on one too tongue.gif :D buh then if i login to linux i wont be able to access my other hard drive with all the data in it grin.gif