Ladki Panjaban:(Movie showing SikhGirl-MuslimBoy)

harji_16m

:@ @ :@ @ :@ @

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asi...sia/3224548.stm

(Please Check this LINK to know about the Movie)

Dear Cyber Sangat Jee,

I think this movie is not a good Sign Jee. Our

women need to handle themselves

and make it a point not to be affected by movies such as

these and Never Misuse their SOCIAL FREEDOM.

SIKH MEN & WOMEN are equally loved by their father,

Guru Gobind Singh jee.

I would like to know from our Sikh Awareness

members, what message is this movie trying to give?

Can we do somethind about it ?

May GURU bless our Faith !!

Harjinder S Kukreja

News By : Brother S Singh

SIKHNET Discussion Forum.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to try to stop this film being show in the theatres, but the question is how ?

Here the information for the company that made the film

Medicare House

1 Meltham Road,

Lockwood, Huddersfield,

England, HD1 3TJ

General Enquires

paragonpicture@aol.com

paragonpictures@msn.com

Afzal M. Khan

afzalmkhan@aol.com

Abdul Hafiz

ahafiz16@hotmail.com

Sister Production Company In India

Paragon Pictures (PVT) LTD.

D-35, 322 MIG Colony, Bandra, East Mumbai, 400 051

Telephone: 0091 22 6424627

Guest balwinderkaur
:@ not another round of brainwashing our people please???? we've got enough girls and guys running around with other races already. an exacerbation of this problem through media propaganda is the last thing we need :@

Guest balwinderkaur

Not only that.....i am VERY SURE this movie will promote the ending of girl and guy living happily ever after.......this is worlds apart from reality. Ask any of our sikh/punjabi girls who have married pakis and been taken to pakistan.......have they been treated properly???? I can bet you they'll say NO. Ive seen a few and their stories are just APALLING to say the least...so much so they yearn to rejoin the fold of sikhee but what's done cannot be undone. :@ If theres a rare case proving the exception..well then i might be inclined to buy this movie storyline. tongue.gif

if we are talking about kuriyan inter-religious marriages then what about other movies?? gadar? hollywood bollywood? Even Bend it like beckham?? and so on.. I don't see threads on those.. but when muslim do this we all jump on bandwagon?? Not saying that they are all innocent, but just think more openly or univeral :@

Guest balwinderkaur

You have a valid point vickey veerjee. Why most of us jump on the bandwagon the moment it involves a muslim is very likely due to old festering wounds being reopened. Furthermore not much of a fuss is made when they marry other religions cuz the spouse of the other religion(excluding islam) does not force the punjabi/sikh to convert to their religion. This is just a hypothesis based on what ive known and seen. :@

I sent a email to Mr Afzal M. Khan from Paragon Pictures International about this film and this is the reply I got

"Hi

The movie was shown before the release to Sikh community leaders in Southall and Bradford. They were so pleased the way it had been handled they had the film posters displayed in their business premises. I do not have any regrets as it is amovie about unity between cultures and nothing else."