What Does The Chand On The Dumalla Mean?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't listen to peoples fables - The elders have no idea what they do and what the origin of most things are. Doubt that it's anything to to do with Shiv of rudra pudra etc.

if a muslim or hindu says guru shuru ..... a sikh will say he will go to narak isnt it so ..... :D

its symbol of shiva .... u want to change sikhi u can .... but the truth will always come on top .... how about asking a singh who wears this chand on his turban .... rolleyes.gif

Don't listen to peoples fables - The elders have no idea what they do and what the origin of most things are. Doubt that it's anything to to do with Shiv of rudra pudra etc.

if a muslim or hindu says guru shuru ..... a sikh will say he will go to narak isnt it so ..... :D

its symbol of shiva .... u want to change sikhi u can .... but the truth will always come on top .... how about asking a singh who wears this chand on his turban .... rolleyes.gif

And of course every Sikh who wears one knows the true reason. - I'll ask a scholar not any person who may THINK they know!

BTW - Did you or anybody provide actual proof if it's associated with Shiv? or is it just what makes you feel warm within?

bhajji dont mind but u will ask the person whome you beleave will say thats not symbol of shiva ....

put hinduism aside .....

according to sikhism whats job of shiva ..... ????

and in battlefield whats job of a nehang singh ..... ????

No i'll ask a person who has knowledge of it. I just don't believe it's the symbol of Shiv's winky.

see thats what i heard but i didnt want to say coz i thought it was kinda weird. i did get one good explanation from singh who doesn't wear a chand, nor a dumalla. he said 'the khanda in the middle has a representation to death and the ending of someones life, the moon is there as it is a symbol which represents having a calm and cool state of mind. so in effect, the complete chand symbol represents being able to end someones life in battle but keeping anger at bay and not letting it overcome your actions'.

good explanation, no?

but then i ask, what are dangly things below the chand, what do the represent. do they have a meaning also or are they jus there to assist when tying the chand on the dumalla with the tora.

jassa singh ji, i would love to ask someone who wears a chand on their dumalla what it means but again, its either i haven't been in a situation where i can ask such an individual, or the individual just doesnt know.

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Its the union of shiv shakti, or energy and matter.

All of this is symbolism, thats what youve got to remember, its not literaly shivas <admin-profanity filter activated>, or shaktis genitalia. its a union of energies. which is akaal, akaal has both destructive and creative energies, and because singhs are the defenders of the faith they must incorporate both destructive and creative energy in the way of restoring righteosness.