Sant

i think the title of "sant" is thrown around a little too liberally these days... take for example, sant anoop singh ji... his kirtan is absolutely amazing, but i don't feel he has the right to print "sant" on his cd's/tapes... he claims that people started calling him that and it just stuck, but that doesn't mean he should himself print them... the title of "sant" negates itself when you start calling yourself one....

i think the title of "sant" is thrown around a little too liberally these days... take for example, sant anoop singh ji... his kirtan is absolutely amazing, but i don't feel he has the right to print "sant" on his cd's/tapes... he claims that people started calling him that and it just stuck, but that doesn't mean he should himself print them... the title of "sant" negates itself when you start calling yourself one....

The thing is it's not just Bhai Anoop Singh who has the put on the CD and stuff.

Maan Pehowawala

Ranjit Singh Dhudrianwala

Daljit Singh Chicagowala

and so many others

they all use use sant after their name

they even have this title out side their house; Brahamgiani Sant maharaj baba ?????? Singh ji ????wala

and other thing is who make these people in to so called sants... WE DO....

The thing is it's not just Bhai Anoop Singh who has the put on the CD and stuff.

Maan Pehowawala

Daljit Singh Chicagowala

and so many others

they even have this title out side their house; Brahamgiani Sant maharaj baba ?????? Singh ji ????wala

i was just using him as an example... i'm sure there are many people out there who do this...

bhul chuk maaf...

A very controversial topic has been ignorantly started, when it should be obvious that the Sangat will hold differing views and it will turn into the usual debate that has taken place many times in the past. The topic will probably end up being closed and is a waste of space.

Maan Pehowawala

Daljit Singh Chicagowala

and so many others

Veer Jee, as shown from the past, present and the future to come, SANT is always before the name, not after...and you are correct, yes, the SANGAT refer to the true Gurmukhs as SANTs, those who work day and night to inspire countless people to take Guroo Gobind Singh Saahib Maharaaj Jee's Amrit and to follow Sree Guroo Granth Saahib Jee Maharaaj as the only eternal living SathGuroo.

A Benthee to the topic starter that before opening such a topic, he/she should do a simple search for the normal answers he/she will receive and be given.

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

To make a small point, a 'sant' before a 'chicagowala' somehow doesn't seem right !

Clergy/Godmen/Saints etc who deem to practice their faith in greener pastures somehow doesn't gel in well with the image of someone who has entirely sacrificed the earthly for the spiritual. JMHO

Guest Narinder Singh

If one refers to themselves as a "Sant" he's obviously far from one, and we also need to keep in mind that our Guru Sahibans reffered to themselves as the dust on the feet of Sants.

All these people going around telling people that they need a sant or a mahapursh to get them to god are wrong, our Guru is our only hope and support, a sikh can only reach Akal Purakh through Guru Sahib.

Fateh.

as far as i know sant and gursikh both have same definations in guru granth sahib .... at different places but the defination is same ... that is person who jaap naam with every swas .... is sant and its same for gursikh ....

i wonder we all call ourself gursikhs and problem is always with sants .... if we are right calling ourself gursikhs they have more right to call them self sants at least they are in banna put banni aside ....

WHY HE CALLS HIMSELF SANT .... to me it sounds more like jealousy stuff .... no one sees how many persons he has bought near to guru granth sahib .... how much amrit parchar he has done ... BUT WHY IS SANT BEFORE HIS NAME .....

bhullchuk maaf ....