Meaning Of Daas?

Guest _daas_

daas means servant

i can never address myself as daas....cos if i do that its juzt pekhand...juz to look chardikala to ppl(tats me)

i have so much of haumai....by sayin daas im only sending the haumai sky high....

i feel ppl who uses daas are ppl who have overcome these things....cos its not easy put yourself lower than others.....

my two cents

bhul chuk maaaf

I agree with Malaysia. Usually I don't like to use that word to because I THINK it just sends a message to peopple that "oh, I am trying to act all chardi kalaa" and stuff. But to answer your question, which has been answered already. It means SERVANT/SLAVE.

In Rehraas Sahib it says:

GOBIND DAAS DUAR.

Guru Gobind Singh is the slave of Akal Purakh.

http://www.shindasingh.com/blog/?p=330

Dass

This one deserves its own post, but seeing as how I’m getting tired, I’ll let it go easy. Now I’m not trying to say we shouldn’t be humble, but this word gets more play then Uros Slokar, which just isn’t right. It would seem that this word has a direct correlation with being chardi kalaa, since it always seems that those who use (abuse) it, in turn get the title of also being the most Chardi Kalaa.

we should all try to use the word daas as much as possible

AGREE :TH:

We should use the word dass cauz it means servant. by using this we are showing that we are not above anyone. we want dhur of gursikhs. this word make all people equal ( no poor no rich ).

bhul chuk maff jio

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

I agree with Malaysia. Usually I don't like to use that word to because I THINK it just sends a message to peopple that "oh, I am trying to act all chardi kalaa" and stuff. But to answer your question, which has been answered already. It means SERVANT/SLAVE.

In Rehraas Sahib it says:

GOBIND DAAS DUAR.

Guru Gobind Singh is the slave of Akal Purakh.

just thought i'd correct:

Gobind Daas Tuhaar