Hoodies...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think they had hoodies back in the gurus days but if they did, im sure the gurus wouldnt have minded them being worn....as long as the hair on the head isnt cut its all good in my books- its all about spiritual enegry n the like being retained in the hair aswell so ppl have to look at the greater scheme of tings instead of focusing on silly little trivialities that sound ritualistic.

It's not the fact that I'm asking this question because i am really bothered about the point, i was just being curious, because its not my place to judge anyway, but that was my knowledge of hats and hoodies. chunni's are a totally different thing from hats though, does anybody have any information about why sikh women started wearing chunniyaan in the first place, (being curious) :TH: rolleyes.gif

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh.

i actually dont know but a singh did once say the only reason sikh women wore a chunni was to cover them selves up, as in their chest wernt showing, if u gettin my drifttt ..

I would have assumed thats what the suit was for..

As for the hoody, me personally, i dont like wearing it over my dastar but on occasions i have, ie when its raining heavy, n im wearing a coat with a hood on it, i hate umbrellas so to keep my self dry, i need to cover it up. I dnt have the nimerta to wear the plastinc shoping bag just yet!! lol,

The same questions can be posed to the wearing of a shawl over ones dastar, in india and here in UK it happens alot.

A hoody, if you look in the old english days was really, just a piece of kapra which covered a persons head, also used in disgusies, the shawl in india, serverd the same purpose. its just so happens since the clothing has changed, its now attached to your clothing as opposed toa seperate piece

ppl stop wasting ur time on these issues .. like someone mentioned that there are A LOT MORE BIGGER concerns we have !!!

Careful bro. Don’t trivialize fashion. For some fashionistas like me, this is no small matter. We take our fashion sense very seriously. Hoodies, don’t fit into our fashion scheme other than for possible purpose of protection from the elements. The radiant, visible and proud dastar is an absolute fashion essential! For men unadulterated, brave flowing beards must accompany.

What is the average age of you kids here? You know how you look back and think how silly you were to worry about fitting in when you were 8 years old, 12 years old, 15 years old, 18 years old BUT now you are yourself whatever hoodie-wearing age that must be.

Well, don’t mean to strain anyone’s brain to think outside their hoodie here, but the majority of us continue to be self-conscious 8 years olds who think that we are being ourselves. This continues through much of our adult lives in different phases.

You are right, the hoodie :H: is no big deal, either is life, BUT the dastar is THE DEAL. Whatever happened to the courage to aim for perfection?