Militant Singhs And Punjabi Culture

SardarDholi

See now i do see my self as a marasi.. because my life is dedicated to music...
So is mine veerji, I play tabla and dilruba.. beautiful thing music.. Guru Ji organised Guru Granth Sahib not in order of Gurus but in order of Raags - musical measures.
but the wy that singh ment it was like sayin i am no longer a Singh because i lovePunjabi culture,im sorry but i couldn't live my life without my punabi culture.i dont think people understand that sikhi isnt their culture...itts only part of their culture, punjabi culture has to ft into their life somehwhere but they dont allow it to.what s wrong wit punjabi culture..why do people find it evil.

I hope you understand veerji, nowadays he rich heritage has gone to all-time low because of stupid DJs and dirty songs etc

why does the comunity have a problem with a sardar embracing his punjabi hertigate that flows though his veins?
Personally i don't really have a clue, because some parts of punjabi heritage is nice.. just not all of it lol
.someone please let me know what is wrong with the militant brainwashed community because there is nothing wrong in what i am doing.

Was he carryin an ak47 or something? what made you say he was militant?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone please let me know what is wrong with the militant brainwashed community because there is nothing wrong in what i am doing.

Was he carryin an ak47 or something? what made you say he was militant?

Because he wasn't twisting his muchan and dancing? :D

Punjabi culture is wicked, thats why you see all other non-punjabi's dancing to our songs in clubs like guji's etc they listen to PUNJABI music and most dont know what it means and i remember the last time i went to a bhangra gig, manak E i think was singing 'dhair kol ke, vaheguru bol ke,' and lol the pakistani boys were dancing up and down. :D

Now how many punjabis listen to gujurati music, obviously most south asians understand/listen to Hindi/Urdu due to bollywood movies. But Punjabi is the gangster language of south asia. :devil: :D

Sardar Dholi

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what you are doing, ZERO, ZILCH, not one single wrong thing with what you are doing. As long as you do it with excellence and commitment you are on the right level. Last week I was at my cousins house and talking about Monty Panesar and he was telling us about how a couple of the white English girls in his office think that Monty is handsome and attractive and they would love to date him because he is a great cricketer and when he dances around in celebration he looks attractive --- no doubt these militants would say that cricket is all kanjar because of that too. When the Taliban took over in Afghanistan the first thing they did was batter people listening or playing music. When the fundamentalist Christians took over in England hundreds of years ago the first thing they did was ban music. People who talk about 'kanjar' at innocent and joyful things like music and dancing which are expressions of life and soul should not be taken seriously, people that cannot differentiate between music and 'kanjar paana' have deficiencies of the mind. As long as it is in the right place and at the right time it is all good. Keep up the good work, don't worry about what Taliban people think, keep playing strong, I am proud of you, and I hope to see you play one day!

Guru Fateh

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what you are doing, ZERO, ZILCH, not one single wrong thing with what you are doing. As long as you do it with excellence and commitment you are on the right level. Last week I was at my cousins house and talking about Monty Panesar and he was telling us about how a couple of the white English girls in his office think that Monty is handsome and attractive and they would love to date him because he is a great cricketer and when he dances around in celebration he looks attractive --- no doubt these militants would say that cricket is all kanjar because of that too. When the Taliban took over in Afghanistan the first thing they did was batter people listening or playing music. When the fundamentalist Christians took over in England hundreds of years ago the first thing they did was ban music. People who talk about 'kanjar' at innocent and joyful things like music and dancing which are expressions of life and soul should not be taken seriously, people that cannot differentiate between music and 'kanjar paana' have deficiencies of the mind. As long as it is in the right place and at the right time it is all good. Keep up the good work, don't worry about what Taliban people think, keep playing strong, I am proud of you, and I hope to see you play one day!

Guru Fateh

Spot on i could not agree more, these obviously are brainwashed militants and can be ignored as they are like taliban of the sikhs. Punjabi culture is basically being kept alive eg music dancing etc by the Indian punjabis an te punjabis around the world who are mainly bu not solely sikhs as some are hindus i guess. In Pakistan this aspect of punjabi culture has been almost entirely wiped out by islam for the same reason as islam considers music as evil and thus haram. Islam has a history of wiping out culture wherever it went as it all encompassing in every aspect of there lives. Like i or not sikhs and punjabi culture is entwined and can and do go hand in hand. We have to try and seperate spirituality and culture, they are different things. I too love m punjabimusic and love punjabi culture. culure meaning the punjabi way. Now this will mean different things to differen people but to me its not all about Sikhism and religion. Its about food, music and the ways people relate to one another, and if someone wants to have a lovely peg in the evening then there is no harm, if however you dont want one then dont. What i am trying to say is that if you are a sikh and dont agree with certain things, then you cant stop others enjoying what punjabi people have been enjoying for centuries.

Also i would like to note that i have known the types of eople that may have soken to you and i can say that they were the most hypocritical people i have ever known allways trying to upset people who in reality were not upsetting anyone eg. Like someone playing bhangra. They were the most bitter and twisted people i have ever met, allways finding ways to upset when it was none of there business. Personally because of these people i dont get too invlolved in anything to do with religion because i know the sorts of people that are invloved. Just tske as look around this site, you get the picture of a very militant religion that maybe some people are insecure about.Its sad.

Anyway i wish the original poster every success, its people like you that make us proud, not just the ones with turbans like monty, but anyone from punjabi culture, ie sikhs hindus etc. Dont worry about these millitants, they are just sad individuals who are against everything that does not quite fit into sikhism, come on guys no one can live like that, can they?????

Laugh, joke and have fun, life is but short, what really matters is that we treat eachother well, because that is what you will be judged on, not on how well you followed any particular religion.

Thank you guys...it means a lot that apne bande are supporting me.

I just wanted to clear up what i mean by militant..in my eyes a militant sikh is a person who has been brainwashed to think a certain way and will never accept anyone elses views of opinions. i don't know bout all this ak47 crap but i dont consider that militant seeing as back in punjab i have them myself.

i would still like to find out why some people disagree with it? as i said before..im not here to argue i want to hear your views.thank you

jsut because one belvies dancing and doing boliya about lsutfull thing and drinks etc... you call them militants WHY?

fristly if you wish to live life as a gurmukh and have a thirst for progressing in your sprituality, then panjabi culture will not aid it the boliya, dancing etc.. will just bring you down.

aot of people that say boliya and that are bad etc.. they say it on the basic it will become a road block on the spritual path.. lots of people that prob tell you such things have proberly at one point been addcited to the panjabi culture and music etc.... I NO I HAVE...

the more oen begins 2 read baani and contemplate on naaam simran, one shall find such things do not have enjoyment in them anymore and start to become fika

Laugh, joke and have fun, life is but short, what really matters is that we treat eachother well, because that is what you will be judged on, not on how well you followed any particular religion.

Kao, Pio Aesh Karo Mitro isn't that Kangs lyrics?

Obviously the message of Sikhi and the 10 Gurus hasn't penetrated your Khanda bandana! - Peg pin da chaa, hor sun lo! rolleyes.gif

Awsw mhlw 4 ]

aasaa mehalaa 4 ||

Aasaa, Fourth Mehla:

sqsMgiq imlIAY hir swDU imil sMgiq hir gux gwie ]

sathasa(n)gath mileeai har saadhhoo mil sa(n)gath har gun gaae ||

Join the Sat Sangat, the Lord's True Congregation; joining the Company of the Holy, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

igAwn rqnu bilAw Git cwnxu AigAwnu AMDyrw jwie ]1]

giaan rathan baliaa ghatt chaanan agiaan a(n)dhhaeraa jaae ||1||

With the sparkling jewel of spiritual wisdom, the heart is illumined, and ignorance is dispelled. ||1||

hir jn nwchu hir hir iDAwie ]

har jan naachahu har har dhhiaae ||

O humble servant of the Lord, let your dancing be meditation on the Lord, Har, Har.

AYsy sMq imlih myry BweI hm jn ky Dovh pwie ]1] rhwau ]

aisae sa(n)th milehi maerae bhaaee ham jan kae dhhoveh paae ||1|| rehaao ||

If only I cold meet such Saints, O my Siblings of Destiny; I would wash the feet of such servants. ||1||Pause||

hir hir nwmu jphu mn myry Anidnu hir ilv lwie ]

har har naam japahu man maerae anadhin har liv laae ||

Meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, O my mind; night and day, center your consciousness on the Lord.

jo ieChu soeI Plu pwvhu iPir BUK n lwgY Awie ]2]

jo eishhahu soee fal paavahu fir bhookh n laagai aae ||2||

You shall have the fruits of your desires, and you shall never feel hunger again. ||2||

Awpy hir AprMpru krqw hir Awpy boil bulwie ]

aapae har apara(n)par karathaa har aapae bol bulaae ||

The Infinite Lord Himself is the Creator; the Lord Himself speaks, and causes us to speak.

syeI sMq Bly quDu Bwvih ijn@ kI piq pwvih Qwie ]3]

saeee sa(n)th bhalae thudhh bhaavehi jinh kee path paavehi thhaae ||3||

The Saints are good, who are pleasing to Your Will; their honor is approved by You. ||3||

nwnku AwiK n rwjY hir gux ijau AwKY iqau suKu pwie ]

naanak aakh n raajai har gun jio aakhai thio sukh paae ||

Nanak is not satisfied by chanting the Lord's Glorious Praises; the more he chants them, the more he is at peace.

Bgiq BMfwr dIey hir Apuny gux gwhku vxij lY jwie ]4]11]63]

bhagath bha(n)ddaar dheeeae har apunae gun gaahak vanaj lai jaae ||4||11||63||

The Lord Himself has bestowed the treasure of devotional love; His customers purchase virtues, and carry them home. ||4||11||63||

the only difference between the songs you sing and the songs guruji told his sikhs to sing is that you sing to please either yourself or people around you. gursikhs sing to please waheguru so that their sins maybe washed away.

PS. i wont tell you to stop. you can do what you like. :D in the end, those bolian will not go with you, in the end only and only gurbani, sewa, simran will go with you. :D guru kirpa karey