Bana

gupt_pappi

In my travels in india, i saw a few bibia who DIDNT wear a pajama so its not a must, its more down to whether or not you want to (if you a bibi) i gues. And if u have the courage to. Bear in mind, her bana was down to jus above her ancles and she was one militant bibi, see attached pic!!

As for is it maryada, yes, in Budda Dal gutkha, it clearly informs you in the Khalsa Rehit Maryada that a pajama is not to be worn.

Times have changed, so its up to you, if you want to preserve maryada, then dont wear, if you dont mind losing it, then do wear.

But when you do seva in the Guru Ghar, be sure NOT to be wearing, ie on maharaj tabiya, deg seva etc. Even in Darbar Sahib where the maryada is slacking now days with the overall orange bana.. when the ishnaan of Darbar sahib is being done, no pajama is allowed to be worn.

now days, its down to personal choice but i dont think should.. people mock leg warmers, but they do the same thing!!! keep u warm!!

post-2656-1167160897.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not only pajjama even chadra is not allowed ... guru sahib almost got a tankha by singhs when they wore chadra gifted by brar sikhs of bathinda .... its stated in suraj parkash ....

in winters ur are permitted to wear a woolen pajjami with banna .... by few nehang singh jathe bandis or u can wear long wollen socks .... but not pajjami made of cloth .... its same for women ....

guru sahib got tankha of 125 rs on there way to nanded sahib at dadu de daware where the accidently bowed before a masad after doing the path of sukhmani sahib ....

Tankha is meant to make some improvement in a human being or to "correct" him/her. Nobdy can correct Guru ji as He is already perfect.

bhulan a(n)dhar sabh ko abhul guroo karathaar ||

Everyone makes mistakes; only the Guru and the Creator are infallible.

So accidents do not happen with the Guru.....or He cannot make a mistake......He is beyond mistakes

Its hard or even impossible to say anything about Guru ji.......as He is beyond everything...beyond perfection.

i m not getting what u trying to say bhajji .... was the tankha wrongly imposed by khalsa panth on guru sahib .... but guru sahib never said anything against it .... they were happy and said this is sign that khalsa panth is and will always be attentive and will not tolarate any thing even its an accident againts the mareyada of khalsa panth ..... no matter its done by whom ....

i think this whole guru sahib getting tankha incident might make more sense if we think of it as one of the kautaks of guru sahib.

he was just testing to see if singhs were paying attention. as balwinder singh has said, guru does not make mistakes :D