Are These 'sikhs' Praisng A Picture Of Guru Nanak Dev Ji?

SaRpAnCh

Guest s133k_s1kh

respect the bones ??

o guru piariyo,

thts wht brahmins made the hindus do during guru jis time. thy made the common man think tht thy have to worship idols or else thy'll be doomed. common man at tht time didnt knw anythg and thy needed somethg to pray to, some chose stones some chose other stuff. rn't we doing the same thg? you dont need pics or things to think of Guru Sahib. there are thgs from our guru ji's time but you dont have to bow to em..do you?

Guru Ji was totally against all kinds of pakhand, as long as the youth thinks like dat SIKHI will never see true power of all mighty. We'll get married someday, have kids and this is wht you plan on teaching the kids ?? thts guru ji's pic ..beta matha teko, thts the bones of guru ji's horse.. beta matha teko. i mean this is ridiculous and we thn talk of other ppl doing beadbbi. We need to get the our facts st. first.

Bhula chuka maaf kario but this just shows the sad state of sikhi :sady: . read more baniiiiiiiiiii, read our history and teach your kids the rght thg.. i request uuuuuuuuu alllllll.

gur fateh

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Man, they threw flowers at Guru Nanak Dev Jis saroop to show love and devotion to a portrait of their master, whats the big deal? "

Guys whats the big deal!! I mean they are just showing their own type of respect by disrespecting the same Gurus teaching that they are trying to respect. if that made any sense. In case you can't tell i'm being sarcastic. Stop justifying this pls. Everyone has a right to practice their own type of religion. Where I draw the line is when people try to justify un sikhi practices as sikhi practices. How are you ppl showing respect to Guru ji by doing the exact opposite of what he has taught and written. NO IDOL WORSHIP PERIOD.... Oh and thanks for the lesson on what a prabhat Pheri is. But most or us already knew what it was, still no justification for what is showed in the video. Get a grip. Hindu ban na be a good hindu. Sikh ban na, Then be a proper sikh. Stop mixing and matching to your own liking, showing your ego thinking you know better then the Guru. Oh i will adopt this part of sikhi but not this part, and i will ad this other part into sikhi. If you wanna be disciples then be proper disciples. END OF DISCUSSION.

Veer, I am not justifying praying to Guru Sahibs photo as i am against it. I do believe there is difference between praying to Guru Ji's picture and praying infront of Guru Ji's picture. I think we should make this distinction. If one is praying to the picture, then yes, it is idol worship.

Anyways, I apologize for explaining praphat pheri to you. Maybe you knew about it, but many other younger ones probably didn't. And I wasn't aware that Calgary was big on prabhat pheris.

Just to end:

"The key that opened my heart was the way they just loved everyone and anyone regardless of how much simran they did, or what religion they were. The lesson that I have learned is that every one person is their own and they have the right to find their own way to practice sikhi. Why should I impose my beliefs on someone? A person is an individual child of god who has the right to practice however he or she wants. I also realized that it iridiculousas to interfere or pasjudgmentsts on another individual. Who am I to say what is right or wrong. There is only one way to god, and that is through love. Only through love will you be able to touch another persons heart. Only through love will people listen to you. Not througjudgmentsts."

If you remember, the above are your own words veerji.....

That said, I agree with you when you say that a Sikh should be a proper Sikh, and a hindu should be a proper hindu.

It seems like not many over here have been in an actual prabhat feri. Please understand what it actually is in the first place.

VEER I HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES IN PRIBAT PHERI IN MY VILLAGE: BUT WE NEVER PRAYED TO PICTURES lol :D WE TOOK NISHAN SAHIB JI WITH US.AND I STILL SAY: IT IS ANOTHER FEELING: EVERYONE SHOULD TRY, next time when i am in punjab,i willl go again

Yeah, I have been in a few back in Punjab. And you are right, you just get sucked in with the pyaar and dedication the sangat have. It is definetly another feeling.

Koyee fark nayee paindha veera. I just think that this youtube video is taken out of context. What I mean is that each house has a different set-up. Some people have maharaj the saroop, so when the prabhat pheri enters they sit around the Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Alternatively, sometimes when the prabhat pheri enters someone house, the house owners have already set-up a photo on a table and created an open space for the sangat to sit. The sangat does not turn around and leave as soon as they see the photo. They sit down, do the kirtan, spend 10 minutes in that house, and then move on to the next house which might have an entirely different set-up prepared for the prabhat pheri sangat.

This one has been posted on youtube by the same person who posted the earlier parbhat pheri..

Like I said before, each house that the prabhat pheri goes to has a different set-up, which in this case is the proper way, rather than a photo.

Jayd, So you quoted one of my writings on sikhnet. I'm sorry I don't Understand what you are trying to say? I still believe in what I wrote and I stand by it. Worship the way you want. Just don't try to tell others that something that is clearly against the wishes of my beloved Guru is justified. Don't try to water down someones faith. Don't try to assimilate anothers faith. You could take my quote and make an argument that I am for love and not passing judgement, so we should Show RSS love and let them do what they want. WRONG. If anyone knows me they know what i write is what i believe and I strongly believe in not judging and opening your heart to love and Sikhi is only gained through LOVE. However please don't try to twist my words into something that suits your agenda. My biggest pet peve is ppl trying to misrepresent me. I know what i said you don't have to quote it back to me. I know what I believe. And once again what i said above does not contradict with what you have quoted. If you agree with me about being proper to your faith and not mixing and matching. Then whats the problem. Why are u trying paint me as the hypocrit. When your the one condoing idol worship. Please don't disrespect me in such ways. Once again passing judgement is one thing, But letting your faith be assimilated and watered down is quite the other. I won't let it happen without speaking my mind. You wanna worship pictures of the Gurus, be my guest. I have no problem with that. You want to justify and say its ok in sikhi to do that. I have a problem with that. Since Gurbani is clearly against IDOL worship. You got anything else to say to me, or you wanna try to attack my character through my previous posts, please have enough respect to do it in private. PM me. We can have a nice long chat

Fateh . . . .

Firstly

Best Wishes to you on Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Gurpura.

Now My 2 pence:

1. Rather than having a picture of our Guru's why cant they have a picture that just says Eik OnKaar, or Vaheguru. I am trying to say is that why not have a picture of Shabad rather than of our Guru's.

2. Sikhism is highly influenced by Hinduism in India. Uneducated muppets like me try to blend in. We need to be strong (esp me) and need to know the true values of Sikhism. Faith, belief and habits are going to vary from person to person hence we are called individuals.

Having said all this there are picutres of Guru Ji's in my house too.

Bhul Chuk Maff.

Fateh .. . .. ..

Jayd, So you quoted one of my writings on sikhnet. I'm sorry I don't Understand what you are trying to say? I still believe in what I wrote and I stand by it. Worship the way you want. Just don't try to tell others that something that is clearly against the wishes of my beloved Guru is justified. Don't try to water down someones faith. Don't try to assimilate anothers faith. You could take my quote and make an argument that I am for love and not passing judgement, so we should Show RSS love and let them do what they want. WRONG. If anyone knows me they know what i write is what i believe and I strongly believe in not judging and opening your heart to love and Sikhi is only gained through LOVE. However please don't try to twist my words into something that suits your agenda. My biggest pet peve is ppl trying to misrepresent me. I know what i said you don't have to quote it back to me. I know what I believe. And once again what i said above does not contradict with what you have quoted. If you agree with me about being proper to your faith and not mixing and matching. Then whats the problem. Why are u trying paint me as the hypocrit. When your the one condoing idol worship. Please don't disrespect me in such ways. Once again passing judgement is one thing, But letting your faith be assimilated and watered down is quite the other. I won't let it happen without speaking my mind. You wanna worship pictures of the Gurus, be my guest. I have no problem with that. You want to justify and say its ok in sikhi to do that. I have a problem with that. Since Gurbani is clearly against IDOL worship. You got anything else to say to me, or you wanna try to attack my character through my previous posts, please have enough respect to do it in private. PM me. We can have a nice long chat

My motive was not to attack your character veer, but I apologize if you have been offended. I am against idol worship, but this post began with passing a quick judgement on the character of the sikhs in the video. Is that not wrong? I know that that there are uneducated muppets everywhere but pooling everyone in the same category is just not right? The video does not show the Sikhs praying to the photo or doing matha tek to the photo. As for the flowers, that could have been put by the family before the prabhat feri came in. Its like I do paath in my room, and I have a photo in my room. My mind is focussed on the paath, not the photo. Don't get too hung up on this issue. Its not idol worship. As I write this, the SS NEWS MENU BAR to the right of this screen is scrolling up, and a photo of Guru Gobind Singh Ji just came up, and I thought of the Gurpurab, and said "Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh". I am not praying to this image or using it as an idol. It just reminded me of my Guru.