Disposing Of Hair

TemptAsians

kurtas dont u fink when uv got nearly evry 1 in dis forum disagreeing with you that just may be your wrong?? if u wana compare your nails to your kesh then thats up to u. like i sed, 5 piareh give it as a rehit, u got a problem with that, then go n complain to Guru Sahib!

i agree with ultimate paapi

u must conqour ur ego and accept that u r wrong in this topic

u keep on comparing nails to hair

i cut my nails but not my hair

so how can u compare nails and hair

burn and pray is what we do when we dispose of our hair

and i think that pple who dont shuld reconsider whether or not they r showing enough respect

for gods ultimate gift

bhul chuk maaf

'KURTAS'... y cant u jus accept it, the hair that comes out of ur kanga shud be burnt!! its jus basic respect for ur kesh. what else would u suggest ppl do with it? throw it in the bin wiv all the other rubbish? throw it on the floor so that ppl can step on it wiv their feet? dont u think this is disrespectful?? so many singhs nd singhniaa died for their kesh and sikhi in general and here u are jus throwin ur kesh in the bin like it doesn't mean anythin! and why do ppl hav 2 question everythin? y not jus accept that u hav to burn it?

in future 'kurtas', u shud really think be4 u post sumthin, u offend ppl and ur posts r jus horrible. if u dont agree with something someone else in this forum says, dont use harsh words, its not going to get u anywhere, just ask them in a loving compassionate way, the way sikhs of guru jee are meant to speak.

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

kurtas dont u fink when uv got nearly evry 1 in dis forum disagreeing with you that just may be your wrong?? if u wana compare your nails to your kesh then thats up to u. like i sed, 5 piareh give it as a rehit, u got a problem with that, then go n complain to Guru Sahib!

He's got my support rockon.gifwoohoo.gif , he's making sense!

Gurfateh!!

Kurtas Veer Ji you actually have my support also !!

If you Panj Piare told you a specific Rehit for your kesh, then do as instructed by them.

I also believe that hair once it has naturally fallen out of you head can be disposed of.

Sikhi practices not cutting your hair, however if nature takes its course you let it. Nature is Akaal Purukhs Hukham.

If your going to burn your hair then please remember all of those hair follicles that fell of while washing your kesh and went down the drain, and all the ones that came off your body while drying yourself as they are also kesh.

However as i said earlier and will emphasise again, do as instructed when you were given your rehit maryada!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

Is there any rehatnama that supports the view of burning hair...or its just a new invention?

I think people should do what they feel right if there is not particular instruction(rehatnama).

No such rehatnama. Even if there was like the one the brahman type Sikhs quote about not eating meat they should practice all of it and not specific parts that take their fancy.

You guys seriously have flawed logic and understanding of the gifting of a Kanga and Kesh by Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji. The <banned word filter activated> who said he might have made an exception is misguided. How could Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj who themselves took Amrit from the Panj Piare make exceptions to the rehatnama just so they could make a gift.

Guest peacemaker

Someone said it was ok to throw hair that has fallen off your body into some water, so if I flush my hair down the toilet, is that ok?

And, no thanks, I won't burn my hair, because it reminds me of what happened to the Jews, god rest their souls, during the holocaust. It's a very bad smell, and I really don't need that image in my head. If you want to do it, fine, but don't tell me it's a rule in "sikhism", because I've never even heard of this till I read this thread.

Vaheguru!

My opinion differs of that above.

I was talking to a veerjee this morning and we had the same conversation of, are we suppose to burn our hair when disposing.

In my opinion i feel we should. Kesh are apart of our body. When we all pass, they usually burn our body to get rid of the physical waste as the soul has left the body. If the kesh are apart of our body we should treat them in the same respect. :D

Dead hair DOES rot. Anyone who says otherwise is bullsh*tting and needs to get off their lazy a*ss and read a science book. Biology 1-0-1.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the Kanga symbolic of cleanliness? For example to remove dead hair from the scalp, (dead hair being synonymous to dirt).

For all those people who collect the dead hair from their kanga, do you also collect the dead body hair from the plug after you shower ready to be burnt.

What about all the hair that’s in your Dyson do you collect that as well.

Honestly burning things in your back garden, what a bunch of pikeys!