A Black Thread Ques

jassa

:D there is an amritdhari bibi about 19 - 20 years old comes in gurudwara where i go .... her family is gurusikh all amrit dhari .... but today saw a black thread around her ankle while she was washing her feet .... :D ... i am thinking about it since then .... i just want to know what it can be about .... any bibi help me out .... i know its wrong .... but i just want to know if any bibi can tell why they wear it ....

some people tie black thread around themselves if their in pain... maybe her ankle was hurting

yeh .. its sum sort of natural remedie.. like produces some sort of heat.. :D

or.. superstition!! NAHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

lolz

well if it really helps thn is it a superstition? could be some "natural remedie" as u said! only person who has done that and gotten results can tell us if it works(ed) :D

why not ask the bibiji?

nd nd nd OMvaheguru was papi "ji"'s post EDITED by da modz ohmy.giftongue.gif

• 6 years later...

Hey, basically it is a superstition thing!, the purpose of tying black thread around your ankle, upper arm, etc, is to protect you from "evil", you may have heard of this "evil" as "nazar" in Punjabi/Hindi/Urdu, it is supposed to protect you from evil things such as black magic (kaala jaddu), nazar also occours when someone compliments someone (usually a new born baby) too much, you may or may not of heard of when someone is possessed, you tie their hair in a knot (like the black thread), and something happens to the thing possessing them inside, to be honest I don't know, but the hair knot thing is related to the black thread tradition, the black thread is common in Asia and Africa, I noticed it usually in Punjabi's but Africans and Asians do it as well.