The real martial art

Singhstah

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, the true sikh martial art is Naam, that is what all the Guru Sahibaan taught. Naam is all encompassing. For example Bhai Bachittar Singh ji, was an abyassi Gursikh, who had never picked up a shaster in his life. But when the elephant came, Guru ji called him, he rode out and fought the elephant.

Most developed martial arts teach you self control, indomitable spirit, and mind control. If you are naam abayssi you can do any martial art, it will be very effective. For example, I used to do Gatkha, but now only stick to Tae kwon Do and street fighting.

The traditional Martial art of the Sikhs is Gatkha. It was originally taught to Sahib Siri Guru Hargobind sahib ji, by Baba Buddha Ji. If you are Amritdhari, and wear your kirpan, then learning it is a must, otherwise your kirpan will be nothing more than showpiece.

Gathka vs Shaster vidya - in reality both are exactly the same. Nangs call their style shaster vidya, mainly because of internal ego, and their self-delusional state of superiority to everyone else. Yes, Niddar has some good self-defense techniques, but that is Sava rakha, which is separate. In terms of gathka and shaster vidya, in my experience most of sahstervidya, just talk, and rarely spar, when asked. When they do they are usually shown up, and hence they avoid sparring, making up petty excuses.

In conclusion, learn Gathka, or any martial art, no art is bad, only your training and commitment is. If you are dedicated, every art is beneficial. But remember "Ram Naam, Sab hai Ram nama". Everything is naam and that is the true reality. Only in Naam you will find

true contentment and bliss, and focus mainly on that.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know what Guru Gobind Singh Ji writes in the Sarbloh Granth about his Khalsa? :@

Khalsa being army of warriors (of Vaheguru) perhaps it would be better for someone to actually write about what Guru Ji says himself.

This is a genuine request. Rather than essays/personal opinions these sorts of references are reliable. B)

The one I mean "khalsa mero roop hai khaas, khalse mai ho karo nivaas, etc" but there must be loads more stuff about the true Khalsa and what is expected of them in there. Hands up who's read Sarbloh Granth and got education about it (or who even knows what I'm talking about) I am too lazy to go and find out for myself :@ which is why I am asking the question and relying on some khalsa to let me (and the sangat) know.

to be honest, I wonder whether any of you guys realise what a big thing it is to be part of the khalsa, the moral, physical, spiritual training from what I can gather is such that at the moment I cannot see more than 2 khalsa and one trainee khalsa (who wants to take amrit) out of the whole bunch of Singhs I have seen.

I see it like this, when Guru Gobind Singh Ji said Khalsa Mero Roop hai khaas, that is his own roop, that means, fearless, without hate, pure humbleness, training, hunting, learning (Guru Gobind Singh Ji I am sure learnt lots of languages and studied lots of scriptures and religions) seva, a physique of a true warrior, and being totally in love with Vaheguru and satsang.

umm, maybe I am out of order to expect so much from khalsa, but....I don't put my guru down like that.

how many of these do u know?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Jagjit_ waheguru you said baba buddha ji taught Guru Harobind sahib gatka, I always thought one of the gurus made gatka so who did? :@:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Gathka is the traditional fighting art in India. It has been around long before the Guru shaibaans. Although sikhi is truth, it is Aad sach, Jugaad sach, hai bhi sach, Nanak Hose Bhi sach. Sikhi is the truth, and the truth has always existed.

However gathka has been in India for centuries. I have read some thoeries, that the Buddhists, who originally were the majority religion is India, were massacred, and pushed into Tibet by Hindus. They took the gathka, and developed it into the various forms of kung fu, which then spread into China, then japan.

Guru Sahibs refined gatkha and gave the martial training a spiritual purpose, creating harmony between both.

Veer jis point about the lack of martial training is completely valid. Although I may disagree with him, not nihangism, sampradayas, and hindu mythology. One thing is clear far too many sikhs, especially Amritdharis are pacifists, which is not gurmat.

Or many are unable to defend themselves when required, which is why so many sikhs lost so much in Delhi roits. We should learn from this and return to not just being sants, but sant siphahis.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

They took the gathka, and developed it into the various forms of kung fu, which then spread into China, then japan.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Buddhists are "Saints" but not sipahis

they dont use violence......in what so ever circumstance...