Rehras Sahib

Guest Crazy Student Life

Guest Crazy Student Life

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo Ji Ke Fateh

I need some advice about doing my Rehras Sahib.

Okay, well I go to school, full-time student. My school is quite far from where I live. Usually I do my Rehras in my room by myself, at approx 5:45. However, this semester my classes don’t end till late, and I usually end up at home around 10.

Up to this point, I just post-pone my Rehras till 10 p.m. However I was sitting at school and wondering “why can’t I just do my Rehras at school in a room or a corner.” Then I realized I don’t know my Rehras off by heart.

Then I thought okay, well I have a Rehras track on iPod, why not just listen to it, but then I was like wait, I’m going to totally start to wander off because I’m not saying it.

Then I decided that maybe I should carry a mini Gutaka. But, it’s going to be in my bag, and sometimes I have to place my bag on the floor, and take it into the bathroom etc.

So what should I do?

i was goin to suggest u listen to iPod instead of carrying a gutka

while u r driving back home/ or in the bus/train u can always recite rehraas along while listening to it on ipod

why dont u try learning it, it shouldnt be that hard. jus try to remeber the first line of each shabd, so u know the correct order. Try listening to it 5 times a day or something, then u'll pick it up quite easily.

good luck, do ardas to mahraj.

gurfateh jee :TH:

i learnt it by singing it in a tune, it really helped :TH:

listening to nitnem paath from MP3 player is not a good idea. It is much easier to let the mind drift. Older Gursikhs have told me not that this is a bad idea.

Maybe if you have access to a computer or palm pilot, you could read bani off that?

Taking the Gutka in a bag that will be placed on the ground is a bad idea. If you can think of a way to carry it where it won't be disrespected then that'd be fine too (maybe in a small pouch?).