Sant's ?

WILDSINGH

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

real ones ( like Sant Jarnail Singh) never call themselves sant ( he says in his speeches addres me as just Jarnail Singh) also real ones teach just Gurmat, Gurbani and Sikh Ithiass not their own mat ( kachi bani, fairy tale stories etc.)

99% of the time Sant Jarnail singh ji said dont call me a sant, i am just your dog at your door, he got challeneged lonowal for calling him a bhramgianni etc, however this was sant ji's nimrata. to say he didnt call himself a sant is false, in one of his speeches sant ji says, 'me kiseh diya vota leh ke sant nehi buniyah' that i did not become a sant by collecting votes (speech was aimed at the politicians leading the people astray). this wasnt sant ji speaking in ego, but it does mean that sant jarnail singh ji did use the word sant even though this may be the only occasion that he uses it to refer to himself.

no sant will teach kuchi bani. but sants may wish to use poetry and vaars to educate the sangat, just like sant jarnail singh used to get the sangat to repeat 'sir jaave ta javeh mera sikhi sidak na javeh'. nothing wrong with that and nobody is claiming that it is gurbani, kuchi or pukhi!

finally khalistan zindabadh, as per your request ....i think your a chardi kala gursikh and i wish i could have a single drop of the sharda and pyar you have for maharajh. but you do smell a little bit and that medicine you gave me was well dodgy! wats up with that DOC! :)

real ones ( like Sant Jarnail Singh) never call themselves sant ( he says in his speeches addres me as just Jarnail Singh) also real ones teach just Gurmat, Gurbani and Sikh Ithiass not their own mat ( kachi bani, fairy tale stories etc.)

spot on!!

For Jarnail Singh the title SINGH was enough...........from our tenth master.....can't be more praised than that!!!!

As for modern day "Sants".....all I have met are fakes....bar this one:

http://www.pingalwara.com/ .....not to be confused with the constructor of huge temples on Soho Road.

Regards

Does the argument simply boil down to a personal interpretation of who is or isn’t an official “sant”? There is no whos who directory for “sants” in Sikhi, because Maharaj outlines the attributes of a sant and for all our squabbling and arguing looks like we (the devotee, the sant siphai, the learner) will always fall short of ever achieving those attributes. For all the many lives we have gone through, I wonder how many times we keep having the same discussion, maybe that’s why we are still struggling to get out of the chaurasi lakh joon.

Bhairao, Fifth Mehl

sant kee nindaa jonee bhavnaa.

Slandering the Saints, the mortal wanders in reincarnation.

sant kee nindaa rogee karnaa.

Slandering the Saints, he is diseased.

sant kee nindaa dookh sahaam.

Slandering the Saints, he suffers in pain.

daan dait nindak ka-o jaam. ||1||

The slanderer is punished by the Messenger of Death. ||1||

satsang karahi jo baad.

Those who argue and fight with the Saints

tin nindak naahee kichh saad. ||1|| rahaa-o.

- those slanderers find no happiness at all. ||1||Pause||

bhagat kee nindaa kanDh chhaydaavai.

Slandering the devotees, the wall of the mortal's body is shattered.

bhagat kee nindaa narak bhunchaavai.

Slandering the devotees, he suffers in hell.

bhagat kee nindaa garabh meh galai.

Slandering the devotees, he rots in the womb.

bhagat kee nindaa raaj tay talai. ||2||

Slandering the devotees, he loses his realm and power. ||2||

nindak kee gat kathoo naahi.

The slanderer finds no salvation at all.

aap beej aapay hee khaahi.

He eats only that which he himself has planted.

chor jaar joo-aar tay buraa.

He is worse than a thief, a lecher, or a gambler.

anhodaa bhaar nindak sir Dharaa. ||3||

The slanderer places an unbearable burden upon his head. ||3||

paarbarahm kay bhagat nirvair.

The devotees of the Supreme Lord God are beyond hate and vengeance.

so nistarai jo poojai pair.

Whoever worships their feet is emancipated.

aad purakh nindak bholaa-i-aa.

The Primal Lord God has deluded and confused the slanderer.

naanak kirat na jaa-ay mitaa-i-aa. ||4||21||34||

O Nanak, the record of one's past actions cannot be erased. ||4||21||34||

Does the argument simply boil down to a personal interpretation of who is or isn't an official "sant"? There is no whos who directory for "sants" in Sikhi, because Maharaj outlines the attributes of a sant and for all our squabbling and arguing looks like we (the devotee, the sant siphai, the learner) will always fall short of ever achieving those attributes. For all the many lives we have gone through, I wonder how many times we keep having the same discussion, maybe that's why we are still struggling to get out of the chaurasi lakh joon.

Bhairao, Fifth Mehl

sant kee nindaa jonee bhavnaa.

Slandering the Saints, the mortal wanders in reincarnation.

sant kee nindaa rogee karnaa.

Slandering the Saints, he is diseased.

sant kee nindaa dookh sahaam.

Slandering the Saints, he suffers in pain.

daan dait nindak ka-o jaam. ||1||

The slanderer is punished by the Messenger of Death. ||1||

satsang karahi jo baad.

Those who argue and fight with the Saints

tin nindak naahee kichh saad. ||1|| rahaa-o.

- those slanderers find no happiness at all. ||1||Pause||

bhagat kee nindaa kanDh chhaydaavai.

Slandering the devotees, the wall of the mortal's body is shattered.

bhagat kee nindaa narak bhunchaavai.

Slandering the devotees, he suffers in hell.

bhagat kee nindaa garabh meh galai.

Slandering the devotees, he rots in the womb.

bhagat kee nindaa raaj tay talai. ||2||

Slandering the devotees, he loses his realm and power. ||2||

nindak kee gat kathoo naahi.

The slanderer finds no salvation at all.

aap beej aapay hee khaahi.

He eats only that which he himself has planted.

chor jaar joo-aar tay buraa.

He is worse than a thief, a lecher, or a gambler.

anhodaa bhaar nindak sir Dharaa. ||3||

The slanderer places an unbearable burden upon his head. ||3||

paarbarahm kay bhagat nirvair.

The devotees of the Supreme Lord God are beyond hate and vengeance.

so nistarai jo poojai pair.

Whoever worships their feet is emancipated.

aad purakh nindak bholaa-i-aa.

The Primal Lord God has deluded and confused the slanderer.

naanak kirat na jaa-ay mitaa-i-aa. ||4||21||34||

O Nanak, the record of one's past actions cannot be erased. ||4||21||34||

^you r absolutely right jio

but!!!!!!!

i think the topic starter had the same thing in mind........(i feel so))))))

that the word 'SANT' or 'BABA' has becum a title these dayz ... :) :sady:

whereas baba is normally a word for the wise.......and sant ....many have already xplained ji

i think that the problem of these words becoming a title these days is the actual thing we shud be discussing about........because we r all here to learn......and discuss in open...

ok

now baba is i think okay if we call someone because that only means to refer someone who is wise

but when we call someone 'SANT'.......i feel its something irrelevant......coz its actually only guruji who knowz the inner core of the hearts of all.......

who knowz that the person we keep on calling a 'SANT' is a thug in actuall terms

and this is something that i have been thinking recently.....bhai gurdaas ji. bhai mani singh ji, baba deep singh ji etc. ........were no less than the 'SANTS' of today!!!

why don't we start calling them as well as sants???????

i think it is a wrong trend these dayz......and we shud try to stop it by and by.

and another......for sant baba jarnail singh ji............i call him the same way too........

because that is how everyone call him ji.......

and if i just talk to sumone like ......jarnail singh ji.......the other one is just gonna be like :cool: ???????

who???

but i think even for him i shud start saying 'BABA JARNAIL SINGH JI BHINDRANWALE'

because 'BABA' word doesn't matter coz he WAZ actually wise

'JI' is a word for respect

and 'BHINDRANWALE' is how he is known.

but his awastha is only known by guruji....

so from now onwards i shall try to stop refering him to as sant coz only guruji knowz

we know nothing ji

oh!!!!!!!!!!thats toooooo long i think!!! :@

lol

please explain the difference between baba and sant.

which is wise, and which is not?

i say before we get rid of 'sant' lets get rid of baba. yeh we dont call baba deep singh sant baba deep singh ... but is everyone we call baba of the same level as baba deep singh? is every bhai the same level as bhai mani singh?!

is every singh the same as baba ajit singh?

i say lets just call everyone trevor!!!!!!

and baba khalisatn zindabadh ji, i am actually ill today so i will need more of ur medicince. can i also have a glass of your charan dhoor. mere baba ji.... deho darsahnnn.. OH MERE BABA JI DEO DARSHAN!!

lol

please explain the difference between baba and sant.

which is wise, and which is not?

i say before we get rid of 'sant' lets get rid of baba. yeh we dont call baba deep singh sant baba deep singh ... but is everyone we call baba of the same level as baba deep singh? is every bhai the same level as bhai mani singh?!

is every singh the same as baba ajit singh?

i say lets just call everyone trevor!!!!!!

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif