Showing Respect To Our Parents..

millitant_kaur

actually, militant kaur bhenji...

none of these fellow members have provided any references to gurbani, gurmat rehit maryada, gurmat ithaas to back up any of their claims...

Who said this and when did he say it eshould be uttered veer?

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa! Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guru gobind singh ji gave the khalsa panth the pavitar piyaari fateh, waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh...to be exchanged when two amritdharis come across one another's path...

there is nothing that says we cannot bow to our elders...bowing to elders out of respect for being older ...and matha teking to guru sahib in symbolic representation of giving our head to Him on a daily basis are two different things....

you still haven't shown that bowing to elders is against gurmat....if you want to have a progressive conversation about this topic..please start providing vichar of gurbani, of ithaasic sakhis...

guru gobind singh ji gave the khalsa panth the pavitar piyaari fateh, waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh...to be exchanged when two amritdharis come across one another's path...

there is nothing that says we cannot bow to our elders...bowing to elders out of respect for being older ...and matha teking to guru sahib in symbolic representation of giving our head to Him on a daily basis are two different things....

you still haven't shown that bowing to elders is against gurmat....if you want to have a progressive conversation about this topic..please start providing vichar of gurbani, of ithaasic sakhis...

Im with you jss, all i can say is 'narrow minded' for everyone else.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

ya i remember one time i was gon help my grandpa put his shoes on and hes like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" loool

at first i was thinking what diff does it make if ima girl and found it kinda mean, but now that i think about it, look at the hindu culture or religion or w/v it is...they stay hungry for their husbands or something, look at muslim women, theyre put down so much, so when i compared this to other cultural norms, it gave me one more reason to thank God that I was born into a Sikh family where women find a respect no other religion/ community/ civilization could ever wish to exercise

From Bhai Gurdas Ji's Vaaran

gur BweI sMquSt kr crnwimRq lY muK ipvyhI]

gur bhaaee santhushatt kar charanaamrith lai mukh pivaehee||

Man by becoming gurmukh- Guru oriented, makes his life meaningful; he reads Gurbani and makes others understand (the importance of) bani. He satisfies his companions and takes the holy water touched by their feet i.e. he inculcates complete humility.

pYrI pvn n CofIAY klI kwl rihrws kryhI]

pairee pavan n shhoddeeai kalee kaal rehiraas karaehee||

Humblytouching of the feet should not be repudiated because in the dark age, this quality is the only asset (of the human personality).

http://searchgurbani.com/main.php?word=fee...r=1&pauri=3

ya i remember one time i was gon help my grandpa put his shoes on and hes like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" loool

at first i was thinking what diff does it make if ima girl and found it kinda mean, but now that i think about it, look at the hindu culture or religion or w/v it is...they stay hungry for their husbands or something, look at muslim women, theyre put down so much, so when i compared this to other cultural norms, it gave me one more reason to thank God that I was born into a Sikh family where women find a respect no other religion/ community/ civilization could ever wish to exercise

:nihungsmile: :nihungsmile: :nihungsmile:

The reason is, penji, that we respect females more than males.. thats how i think of it..

I won't want my sister to touch my feet/touch my shoes.. Because Singhnis are princesses..

There's a reason why Guru Ji gave the royal status to Sikh Girls, as Kaurs.

YEH I AGREE WITH THIS TOTALLY....BUT SHAME OUR PRINCESSES ARE DRAGGING THEIR PRINCES AWAY FROM DOING SEWA THESE DAYS....THAT IS OBVIOUSLY IF THE PRINCE WANTS TO SEWA IN THE FIRST PLACE. SORRY OFF THE TOPIC MAYBE?

VAAHEGUROO JEE KAA KHAALSAA, VAAHEGUROO JEE KEE FATEH

DONT GET IT!!

WHY ARE MANY PEOPLE SAYING 'BOWING' IS WRONG? WHEN PEOPLE TOUCH OTHER PEOPLE'S FEET OR SHOES, THEY ARE NOT BOWING, THEY ARE BENDING DOWN TO REACH THEIR FEET, AND IT'S NOWHERE NEAR MATHHAA TEKING

IN THAT CASE, WE SHOULD NOT EVEN CLEAN THE SHOES IN THE GURDWARA, IT IS WRONG TO DO THAT SEVAA... THATS WHAT IT SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SAY... SO ACCORDING TO SOME PEOPLE, DO NOT DO SEVAA OF CLEANING SHOES IN THE GURDWARA BEACAUSE YOU END UP TOUCHING THEM.... THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST WAYS IN GETTING NIMRATAA.

VAAHEGUROO JEE KAA KHAALSAA, VAAHEGUROO JEE KEE FATEH

(p.s. this post wasn't meant to be in capitals, so don't take it as though i am arguing :TH: )

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
From Bhai Gurdas Ji's Vaaran

gur BweI sMquSt kr crnwimRq lY muK ipvyhI]

gur bhaaee santhushatt kar charanaamrith lai mukh pivaehee||

Man by becoming gurmukh- Guru oriented, makes his life meaningful; he reads Gurbani and makes others understand (the importance of) bani. He satisfies his companions and takes the holy water touched by their feet i.e. he inculcates complete humility.

pYrI pvn n CofIAY klI kwl rihrws kryhI]

pairee pavan n shhoddeeai kalee kaal rehiraas karaehee||

Humblytouching of the feet should not be repudiated because in the dark age, this quality is the only asset (of the human personality).

http://searchgurbani.com/main.php?word=fee...r=1&pauri=3

i agree.

Japo_Taa_Eko_Naamaa - VAAHEGUROO i agree wit u too but...

if u are initially doing it outta respect but the person doesnt want you to, then out of the same respect you can decide to listen to them, respect their wishes and back off...which is what i did wit my gramps