Daler Mehandi got arrested

Guest SikhForLife

the caste system doesnt start or stop with singers , their simply picked a market where trends lie, and making money out of what they excel in singing songs in folk style . if they sang songs purely on dharmic itihaas and sikhi, being proffessional singers there audiance catch wud be limited to a potential of 24 million.

if they targetted a bigger of audience of asians in general they wud probably have to change their style of singing to appeal to gujerati bengali hindiised audiences hence they wudnt be bhangra singers anymore but a mish mash of everything tu rararara turarara daler mehndi fame etc lol.

If they sang songs of punjabiat all the time again the catch first wud be a lesser figure of hitting on bout only 20 million punjabis currently in punjab. and a further 45 million in pakistan punjab which is being urduised by the gov, factors relating to the attachment of punjabi identity are in question then, so in course their sales wud be expected marginally much less. however caste identity, attachment to its heritage, and feudalism is a social reality in both india and pakistan however much both sikhism and islam are against jaat paat. Its not just one or two singers, even manak bhindrakia chamkila sang jatt songs and they were from chammars.

An example which i think is true again, jazzy b sings folk songs on caste lines, black pagh on his head with the lar hanging out of the back and a red tikka on his forehead in one of his videos. Its a fact theresonly 16 million punjabi jatts, but a bigger number of jatts outside of punjab in india multiplied 3 times over than punjabi jatts. to attract his audiences for bigger numbers perhaps his

got that tikka on im jus thinking thats a way to appeal to the bigger part of the audiences who r non punjabi jatts.

Now im not cussing him, hes an artist his voice, talents and seva to the community are much more than mine for i cant even sing while he has done some dharmic songs so much respect to him for efforts on those lines.

Its just a piece of the pie sing a song that people wanna hear quick buck! but with gifted talents, however i always believe firmly that such voices cud be majical if singing shabads.

i dont think its always fixated on caste either, they do sing punjabi songs which appeal to anyone, and even songs of singhs putt sardara dey, hence hitting into different markets with different songs, keeping the crowds happy maximising their returns. but i still think the jatt factor is one of the bigger market catches.

Similar trends are noted everywhere, seeedy songs about lust are sang in the west , because obviously theres a market there for that here ie kylie minogues songs. in the black community theres a lot of resentment to the racist establishment of western societies going back years ago which bought older groups to fame like public enemy. Rap singers can feed of the bad things happening and play on them as a means and not an end with the ends being financial reward doing what they do best.

if thats what people wanna hear thats what these artists are gonna provide cos their singing to make money out of their audiences.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGree quite alot with Bijli Kaur (kool naem btw :@ )

however:

if thats what people wanna hear thats what these artists are gonna provide cos their singing to make money out of their audiences.

but then can u raelly say ur doind Seva :T: .

isn't it more like .....making money :@

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

AGree quite alot with Bijli Kaur (kool naem btw :@ )

however:

but then can u raelly say ur doind Seva :T: .

isn't it more like .....making money :@

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

only such singers individually can answer and know themselves if their songs r seva when it comes to dharmic songs. i guess i shudnt overgeneralise the aim of singers just to make money, but i do believe that is overall objective of many, when their out to irk a living e

specially when establishing their careers. However there may be singers who have made enuff and just wanna do something for their faith and put something back into the community, so im not gonna belittle that.

and to the point of text highlighted by yourself veerji, my view which shud have been made clearer was addressed to songs and social trends generally. If somebody even a complete mona moni wants to sing for seva or do seva in whatever field only their own heart knows whether it is or not.

but i do believe that is overall objective of many,
true that is the stage for most..but hey...hwo do i know it might not be for this particular Singer :@
and to the point of text highlighted by yourself veerji, my view which shud have been made clearer was addressed to songs and social trends generally. If somebody even a complete mona moni wants to sing for seva or do seva in whatever field only their own heart knows whether it is or not.

I agree.personally...tere seva will defenetly be rewarded in the here after.

however I dontt think its gonna change a lot of people..if they're not on the Track THEMSElf :@ .....

I Personally feel that, he can't do both.I mea yes he can do dharmic Geet and Sing Songs.

but when it comes to stuff like.

Jatt Jattan de etc.

he's indirectly encouraging people to remember yes.ur caste is Jatt.

n then whe

n he comes to the Dharmic geet .it doesn't really make sense.

feels more like double moral :@

tho I might be wrong :@

Bhulla CHukka maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

making money and making a living...isn't that what everyone does??

in the gurudwara, if a member of your family dies, ask how much they charge for a funeral...all they are doing is doing a seva and reading phath to bless the dead along there journey (don't know the details, i'm a mere junior sikh on the path of learning lol), yet they charge ammounts unreasonable (along with all the money they make on top by people giving dhaan and putting money into the box at gurudwara??). Some gurudwara's are so exploited, try looking at the incomes coming into the gurudwara?? singh sabha southal...the the new one - haveloc road... 18 million pounds to make...hmmmm....run out of funds 3 times i think it was...hmmm makes you wonder...the outcome....was it valued at £18,000,000???? and whats the deal with all these people getting there names inserted in golden plaques on the walls of the gurudwara??? isn't that worse?? showing of in the house of god that you inputted so much money into the gurudwara's creation?

also i have helped organise a few sikh society meetings along with boss for the young university students.... not mentioning any names, but one person, who is well know. was due to do a talk in london. My friend was organising this event. And this person didn't turn up for about half an hour, they later went and searched for this person and found the person was sitting in his car and unwilling to park his car because it would cost this person £5. The person was already being payed £250 for a 1 hour talk. Is that not unreasonable?? (sorry for saying "this person" all the time, trying to protect identity hee hee as this information is second hand a

nd fro the organisers so i have no proof therefore i don't want to say anything bad regarding this matter. but it's an issue worth considering)

so any excuses saying people are money oriented...well the whole world is money oriented.. but i must agree about the jatt this and jatt that songs. They are unreasonable...but put sardara de aren't....because at the end of the day, beings sikhs, we should all be put sardara dhe.

talking about sardar lol (sorry drifting topic now lol), i have also on a few occations met girls who absolutely refuse to marry a singh with a pug (yeah there sikh girls lol) :@ which i feel is how low sikhi has stooped... this is also another factor why many people are becoming mone, to attract the opposites. i actually know a few people that have done it, because the irl they liked didn't like turban'd men. Was that also bhangra influence?? or is that the teachings of our elders??? i personally think the latter... our surrounding form our views on matters....yes artists form a big part, but i'm a massive fan of jazzy, but i'm a singh with a full dhara, and i've never been influenced to cut and never will...because my parents have brought me up that way... if you saw jazzy b and wanted a hair style like his, n your daddy beat you with a danda lol n said "kesh kathe tha vadh dheya gha" truss me....you wouldn't lol...but if your dad said "jho marjhe khar" then??? who's fault is that...your parents or the artist you are following?? both to a certain extent, but more your parents. as they should have tought u the morals.

but back to bhangra lol... if an artist has done a dharmic album, why not take it for face value and listen to the music and the words rather than all the polotics behind it... there's enough hate in the world, lets remember where all waheguru

9;s children and i believe that everything that happens, happens with waheguru's hukam.

if jazzy b has decided to do another dharmic album, maybe something sparked inside him that made him want to. why are we looking straight at the negatives??listen to the music, enjoy the words and listen to the depth of the songs? they say when some1 does something good, not many notice but one bad thing...people remmber it for life..

ok thats abit of a mish mash reply lol but all in all in conclusion, the world is full of money oriented people, and we all need money in some way to survive...thats a fact of life.....but why look at the bad side of everything and remember, you are to answer for yourself in waheguru's court, not for the others grin.gif

people saying jazzy is this and that and Daler is this n that for doing x.....ok then...say it to there face and proove it to us, do it yourself...its easier said than done. Artist nowadays have little say in the type of songs that come out... recording studios form more of the collection. They TELL the artists ahow many of each songs they HAVE TO HAVE on the album. So its not always the artist fault.

Bul jhog mhaf - and long reply maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!