Wastage Of Langar

curious_man

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

sometimes, langar is left in gurughar's kitchen. i have even seen the sevadars throwing it away.

my question is... y doesnt most of the sangat bother to take langar with them. the strange part comes when thre have been announcement in gurughar, tht lots of langar is left, sangat should take it home!!

i can understand if sangat is not going home, langar might spill etc. but the excuse for not taking langar because "they" are going home... confuses me. is home food much important than gurughar's food?? i mean whts the reason for not taking langar (just atleast one box/bottle) to home??

i have seen thru my own eyes, tht sangat "runs away" when a sevadar comes with "sardarji langar le jao" ..... and the replies "nahi ji thankyou.. we are going home"!!

going home?? so ...?? cant u have langar in home???

vahegurooo.... !!

srry ji.. if i have said something wrong!!

Guest Khalsa Productions
in our gurughar, you always hear the women complaining that too many people take langar home, and that they shouldnt.......................................... so i duno how to explain the way our people think..........lol

pray.gif Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! pray.gif

Same here

pray.gif Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! pray.gif

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

Recently I went to India, and we went to the local Gurdwara with my family. They took a steel container with them. Each time one of them couldn't finish something given to them, they would put it in the container and they took it home with them. My little cousin left some besan, and there was half a parshada. People just take the langar home, instead of wasting it, and eat it later when they can manage it. Good idea i think.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!