Disgracefull &%&^

Guest balwinderkaur

I think thats what Sikhifor life bhaji was saying:

but just look at the hundreds of thousands who don't know a single thing about sikhi.

in a high school of mine, there are about a 100 - 200 sikh students, and only 4 or 5 have turbans.

i guess the problem is affecting some parts more then others, here in calgary the situation is very bad, even though we have tons of sikhs. the youth here are worried more about other things, gangs, cars, dating, drinking, drugs, etc...

I personally think its because of Parents

if parents would've brought up the Kids in a "Sikhi way"..

they "wouldn't not have a turban".-u with me ?

I mean .,..when u dont teach ur kids.THATS when it all happens!

if u knew baout Sikhi .u wouldn't go out drinking and WAying Nishan Sahib doing bedbi!

it all comes back to the Parents

bhulla chukka maaf"

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the parents want thier kids to be canadian kid, and in thier eyes they feel they don't need to teach them about sikhi, there are lots of sikh families that let thier kids date and so..

what about the parents in india that don't teach thier kids, cuz aften the kids there learn about sikhi anyway.

so i guess it's when bad parents and western culture mix, that these kids have no clue.

maybe the parents want thier kids to be canadian kid, and in thier eyes they feel they don't need to teach them about sikhi, there are lots of sikh families that let thier kids date and so..

what about the parents in india that don't teach thier kids, cuz aften the kids there learn about sikhi anyway.

so i guess it's when bad parents and western culture mix, that these kids have no clue.

bhaji

theres nothing to do with western stuff

U know why Sikhi is going to...H*ll in HINDIA?

jsut because it HINDIA

do u REALLY THINK that Sikhi is thought in HINDIA? yes in special Sikhi schools.both otherwise its all about Hinduism.Hindi etc!

almost NOTHING BAOUT SIKHISM IS TOUGHT TODAY in Hindia about Sikhi..

and thats just SAD! :(

I think Western society has more westernized society that hindia tongue.gif

but SIkhs in the West are more Into Sikh than in Hindia!

why? cause its nothing to do with a westernized society ;)

its all the parents responsebility!

bhulla chukka maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest balwinderkaur
do these people's parents teach them anything

when their parents are in a worse haalat then them, you still expect the parents to teach them??????????????? tsk tsk. those signs of disrespect to the nishaan saheb is APALLING indeed.

P.S.: Mr Singh jee i like your wordplay of hindi and india combined into hindia. Good one! ;)

Guest Jas Singh

any1 who lives their should take all those black lines hiding the faces and post it around the gurdwara's ... or in all seriousness just print and post a couple so people can see instead of just talking about it .... i cant imagine anything like that overhere ;) @

i also like you whole hindia thing.

but hinduism can't be blamed for all the failing sikhs in punjab. i think thats entirely the result of western culture.

i don't think theres more sikhi here in the west, it's just for evident because of the $$$.

maybe sikhi is stronger where you live, btw where do you live?

and when was the last time you went to india, because western culture has such a great influence there.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Let's look at this from another angle. Could it be a case of misplaced pride in their being Sikhs ( even though most are monay ) and their attempt to show off their pride. These guys are choosing to show their pride in the wrong way and in the process insulting the very thing they claim to have pride in. The problem in our community is that due to a number of factors such as parents not instilling Sikhi into their kids, failure of Gurdwara managements to meet the needs of the youth and the lack of Sikh youth organisations these youths have no proper outlet to show their pride in being Sikhs.

These youths were the ones that slipped through the 'Sikhi net'. They belong to the 18-25 age group. In the UK this is how most of the youth get into Sikhi.

1. Your parents taught you Sikhi

2. You were lucky enough to attend a Gurdwara which had a library which you used

3. At college or Uni you joined a Sikh society and took part in their activities

4. You used the Internet for researching your religion

5. Your Gurdwara had a youth workshop in which you took part

6. You attended a Diwan in which a Baba inspired you to look deeper into Sikhi.

The problem is that these youth probably did not have none of the above, so how do we get them to Sikhi and channel their pride from holding the Nishan Sahib in one hand with a can in the other hand to them having pride in keeping their Kesh and becoming GurSikhs.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

2. You were lucky enough to attend a Gurdwara which had a library which you used

3. At college or Uni you joined a Sikh society and took part in their activities

4. You used the Internet for researching your religion

5. Your Gurdwara had a youth workshop in which you took part

6. You attended a Diwan in which a Baba inspired you to look deeper into Sikhi.

all of these things can ba linked to "Your parents taught you Sikhi" and/or you having an interest in sikhi.

where do u get "interest"in Sikhi from, if not parents rolleyes.gif

maybe sikhi is stronger where you live, btw where do you live?
no its not

I'm from Sweden where we dont have a lot of Keshdhari Sikhs.

Sweden is almost twice the size of Uk

we get ~ 1000SIKHS IN WHOLE SWEDEN!

I'd guess about ~100 Keshdhari Sikhs ...whereis a few are still cutting their hair :wub:

its REALLY BAD HERE....but compared to HIndia its much better!.

i.e. In Hindia Sikhs go around with CAPS..which is common, In Sweden I only know FEW Sikhs doing that..

in HINDA "AFFIM" is taken by almost everyone, if not everyone......

doesn't happen In Sweden.....

and when was the last time you went to india, because western culture has such a great influence there.

last August (Aug 2003).

yes u mght say that caps come from Western influence.

but the BIGGEST

PART in ur life is what ur parents teach u.

if ur parents say its wrong....then its wrong...

if ur parents say u can't have a hair cuts.u can't.and thats that!

If only parents would be teaching their kids abot Sikhi.

none of this would happen.

most users in this forum, have been tought by their parents.

the people in the pic have OBVIOUSLY NOT been tought by their parents.

I live in a COMPLETLY Western society..

how many Sikhs I've got in my School?

three others..two of them monay....the third Girll does threading and stuff ;):(

the rest are all MUSLIMS or GORAY!

see I'm stuck! tongue.gif ..n still I feel that with Guru Maharajs Kirpan My parents have tought us a LOT about Sikhi.and My Grandmother has been telling me Sakhis since I was REALLY LITTLE, about our Bahadur Singh, and Singhnees!

without my parents, and My Grandmother..I would defenetly not been able to even be KESHDHARI!

I am still on my way, and striving to become an Amritshari.but that comes next!

without them I would be nowhere!

and I feel that if their parents had thought them about Sikhi..

then that would be IT!

they wouldn't do what they are doing, no matta how westernized society they live in!

bhulla chukka maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!