The Khalsa Panth Is At War

2desi

Man...after doing some thinking (and little research) I have come to realize that Sikhi (Khalsa Panth) is at war....we have the RSS & BJP trying to Annex Sikhi into Hinduism, propagating Sikhs as Hindus in legislation and in the media....we have so called 'Sikhs' (Badal likes) supporting these groups...we have Jathedars that are undermining the Sikh cause for self gain.....then there are those "bakandi" sants or babas that are leading people down the wrong path, groups like the "naamdharees" continue to take shots at the Khalsa Panth, they continue to disrespect our Gurus & Sikhi....we have Muslims forcibly converting Sikh girls in the UK....Christian missionaries (under Khalsa Roop) in Punjab, the UK, the US and in Canada telling Sikhs that "Jesus is Satguru", so every Sikh should convert to Christianity (I've seen "Christian Pamphlets written in Gurmukhi").....we can't really do anything about this since the Sikh Quam is so divided right now, nobody sees eye to eye, we agrue more than we agree, our youth are walking away their traditions & faith, still believing that they are Sikhs but not practicing their beliefs.......the war is on and we're starting to lose.....and its beginning to show.........

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Raise the sword??

I agree that Sikhs aren't doing so well. If you want to raise the sword, who are you going to strike at? The problem isn't the Muslims or the Hindus, it's US. Violence isn't the answer to every problem. The problem is that we don't want to take the time to study Sikhi and we can't teach our kids anything so when someone asks them some simple questions, their faith is shaken to the roots because they don't have the answers. Compare that to Muslim kids who even at young ages often have entire chapters of the Koran memorized or even the entire Koran sometimes. How many of us even have our nitnem memorized?

Do we know what we believe? Not really. Most Sikhs don't even know the fundamentals of Sikhi. What is God? What is Guru? What happens after death? What is karma? What is the purpose of human life? What is so special about Sikhi vs. any other religion?

Educate yourself. Once you've done that, educate your family. If you manage to do that, the battle is almost won. Then educate those around you and we will see Sikhi grow at an amazing speed.

One point I do agree with you on is that I'm convinced there are planned attacks on Sikh principles like naam, reincarnation, Satuguru by Kala Afghana types as well as those who would want to show Sikhi as a branch of Hinduism. They are attacks on two extremes but the source is the same and so is their objective.

Guest militant singh

peepz have 4gten tht we have been in a state of war for the past 25 yrs ,a war which which thretens our very existence,1986 we delcared independence 4rm India,peepz have 4gten tht as well teh KhAlsa Panth is at war ,a war of existence in the face of annihilation

U could raise the sword but who u gonna strike at......its not that type of war......its an attack on our beliefs.......on a psychological and philosophical level........only way to fight back is to strengthen our beliefs, stand united, become good Sikhs, become good Khalsa......once this is achieved, independence will follow.......ONLY WHEN SIKHS BECOME TRUE SIKHS, CAN KHALSA RAJ BE ESTABLISHED......the only reason this stuff is happening is because "WE ARE ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN!"

You have to keep enough faith and know that Guru Gobind SIngh ji is the Commander and Chief of the Khalsa Army. No way anything or anyone is going to destroy our principles, history, morals, values.

You think we could really lose the war for khalsitan?? Guruji can give us all the Raaj we want, it's just his Will that this is how things should turn out. (Don't take this to mean that we should throw up our hands).

Most older, wiser gursikhs will tell you that the hukam for the moment is for us to be engaged in bhagati and not be depressed with the problems. These problems are nothing infront of the khalsa.

If you think that with barely getting your nitnem done, that too rushingly, that you are capable of bringing back naamdharis into the panth, exposing the rss, getting kids to keep their kesh, then you still have a far ways to go (not aimed at original poster).

Be aware of what's happening, but keep your main aim at the moment as being bhagati and naam-abyiaas. Who knows at what time Guruji will place his hand on your head and tell you to start something. If you go into it on your own, you'll be eaten up by the forces of kalyug in no time.

Wait for his direction, whichever way it may come, directly or indirectly.

Most older, wiser gursikhs will tell you that the hukam for the moment is for us to be engaged in bhagati and not be depressed with the problems. These problems are nothing infront of the khalsa.

If you think that with barely getting your nitnem done, that too rushingly, that you are capable of bringing back naamdharis into the panth, exposing the rss, getting kids to keep their kesh, then you still have a far ways to go (not aimed at original poster).

Be aware of what's happening, but keep your main aim at the moment as being bhagati and naam-abyiaas. Who knows at what time Guruji will place his hand on your head and tell you to start something. If you go into it on your own, you'll be eaten up by the forces of kalyug in no time.

Wait for his direction, whichever way it may come, directly or indirectly.

Waheguru! Great posting from Jai Tegang! . As the wiser Gursikhs tells us this "sama" (specific period of time) is for bhagti, it's time to build our spiritual bank balances up.

There's a sakhi about when Guru Nanak Dev Ji was given a talwar as a gift from a King. Guru Nanak Dev Ji refused to take the talwar as he said this “sama” is for Shabad not for Jung. As the Gursikhs say our Sikhi will go through various phases and we will experience different “avastas” (spiritual levels). Maharaj will clearly tell us when the time is right for what, we just need to build that faith and relationship with our Guru.

When I was young I had the privilege of hearing Giani Amolak Singh do kirtan/katha. I remember him saying that no matter how bad it gets, your sikhi, your nit-nem, your rehat, the doubts, even it becomes a 3 legged horse, just keep on riding that horse, never dismount.

kaal paeh brahma bup dhara. kal paeh siv joo avtara. kal paeh kar bisnu prakasa sakal kal ka kia tamasa.

Time came when Brahma appeared in physical form, then Shiva was incarnated and then Visnu. It is all the Play of the Temporal Lord.

(Patshai Dasvi Kabio Bach Bainti Chaupai Sahib)

Man...after doing some thinking (and little research) I have come to realize that Sikhi (Khalsa Panth) is at war....we have the RSS & BJP trying to Annex Sikhi into Hinduism, propagating Sikhs as Hindus in legislation and in the media....we have so called 'Sikhs' (Badal likes) supporting these groups...we have Jathedars that are undermining the Sikh cause for self gain.....then there are those "bakandi" sants or babas that are leading people down the wrong path, groups like the "naamdharees" continue to take shots at the Khalsa Panth, they continue to disrespect our Gurus & Sikhi....we have Muslims forcibly converting Sikh girls in the UK....Christian missionaries (under Khalsa Roop) in Punjab, the UK, the US and in Canada telling Sikhs that "Jesus is Satguru", so every Sikh should convert to Christianity (I've seen "Christian Pamphlets written in Gurmukhi").....we can't really do anything about this since the Sikh Quam is so divided right now, nobody sees eye to eye, we agrue more than we agree, our youth are walking away their traditions & faith, still believing that they are Sikhs but not practicing their beliefs.......the war is on and we're starting to lose.....and its beginning to show.........

Sat Naam Desi ji,

I am touched at your concern for the Sikh panth and the change that is taking over the sikh followers. Dear friend, you are aware that five fingers on the same palm differ. By virtue of this difference, there is bound to be a difference in the human beings that are all born with an element of their own.

Sikh panth is an EVOLVED panth that has no match. What do you think makes it so unique?

From whatever I have read and heard so far, Guruji's Punj Pyarey, the most reverred, also comprised of people from different communities and mostly hindus. It was my Patshah's "vadappan" that all these were taken as Sikh. This "Vadappan" makes this panth unique.

This unique feature has since long been forgotten. Instead, petty issues have gained prominence.

I call for all sikhs to remember the USP; be more forebearing and NOT fight amongst ourselves. THIS VERY FIGHT DEFIES THE KHALSA PANTH.

Saahiba

some good responses here,

we need to become 'Gursikhs' that doesnt mean it ends when we take amrit. thats the beginning of the journey for most. some great sikh saints even said they were not worthy of the title 'gursikh' such nimrita they had. but for us we need to become the perfect Sikh, only then are we worthy of raising any sword in the name of the Panth. How can we fight for sikhi etc if we have not even met the true guru, or hav dont even do all of the nitnem, or do not do simran, or have hate towards others, or have the 5 evils running around inside us?

Saadh Sangat ji, lets concentrate on becoming the Sikh, the saint, the soldier, dont worry about the panth until then, the panth is commanded by the Greatest of the great, the mightiest, the most powerful, The Guru, we should not be worried about the panth, we need to worry about ourselves, we need to get that mukti, only then are we worthy of getting seva of guru ji to help the panth................do you see where im going?

bhul chuk marf karna