Amrit And Age...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

ok, well basically, does age matter when taking amrit.

Most people say no, and that your level of understanding and pyaar is most important.

BUT...hmm..i'm having trouble phrasing myself sangat ji, i hope you get what i mean.

I consider taking amrit like getting married, to Guru Ji, and someone would not get married at a young age, they would probably wait till their 20's, cos its a BIG commitment, and needs to be thought through carefully.

So, hmm, umm, IS Age Important?

I hope someone gets what i mean.

Your replies will reeeally help me, Thanks.

The moment your inner self starts feeling that you should take amrit only then you should take this step. Don't shak amrit just because people around you are doing that or some guy/girl you look upto took amrit.

Its all about total dedication and no looking back and following a strict rehit.

It takes a great deal of maturity and common sense to decide to take amrit that some just may not have at a younger age...

that being said Some people can experience this at early ages like 5 or 6... others it takes longer... 17/18... and some take even longer and are in their adulthood or middle ages or even old age... There's no definition of when it's best... everyone is just different, and it happens when it's supposed to, really....

most people probably would'nt be mature enough at a young age, but that's not a steadfast rule or anything

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fathey

Age Does not matter what matters is how devoted you are to guru ji and akal purakh. Look at the the children in sikh history that have given there lives for the panth, also Sri Guru Harkrishan Ji Maharaj.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fathey

ok, well basically, does age matter when taking amrit.

Most people say no, and that your level of understanding and pyaar is most important.

BUT...hmm..i'm having trouble phrasing myself sangat ji, i hope you get what i mean.

I consider taking amrit like getting married, to Guru Ji, and someone would not get married at a young age, they would probably wait till their 20's, cos its a BIG commitment, and needs to be thought through carefully.

So, hmm, umm, IS Age Important?

I hope someone gets what i mean.

Your replies will reeeally help me, Thanks.

Gurfateh ji,

Please shak amrit only when you feel you can remain committed to the committments of Amrit Shakna.

Chronology has apparently nothing to do with this.

Guest _Papi_

a bibi had a son, bibi was amrtidhari so at the next amrit sanchaar she took her son as well to give him amrit. jethedaar sahib from punj payarey told the bibi to wait as child was very young and wouldn't be able to do his nitnem even. bibi was very wise, and politely asked the following question,

will you gurantee that my son will die an old man? will you gurantee that he will not die tommorrow or when i step my foot outside of this gurudwara today?

guru kirpa karey

SOME Gursikh's have said that a Sikh follower should atleast take Amrit BEFORE there in their 30's cos this is NO QUOTE of nothin, but Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji was in their 30's when they took Amrit - so to be able to do enough Paat etc and keep constant Rehit before death you gotta have done enough ..... i duno about whats the minimum age - i always thought kids took Chula iswell.... grin.gif