Calenders With Guru's Picture

how should one get rid of calenders with pictures of Gurus on them properly once they are out of date?

well i believe they are just paintings. Guru jee is in everyone... in everything around us. Yes, beautiful paintings but our Guru's didnt necessarily look like that. Sikhs dont believe in idol worshipping - no worshipping of photos, statues etc... so i dont think it matters too much what you do with them.

HOWEVER, on the other hand, the more satkaar you can do of Guru Jee the better... - take what you want from that :umm:

forgive my mistakes if ive made any

The best thing to do would be shredding them, then recycle. The point is to stop anyone from vandalize the picture in such a way that would be disrespectful.

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa WaheguruJiKiFateh

Spot on answer.

SS 1884 - Dont look at those pictures as your Guru, as your Guru is waiting for you at your local Gurdwara. However be mindful of the fact that allot of these pictures, calenders etc usually have some Gurbani writen on them, so dispose of them in a decent manner with respect for the Bani alone.

Pictures = Idols

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa WaheguruJiKiFateh

Ps. Amrit is a Journey, not a destination.

i won't suggest shredding em. These pictures depict some events from our rich history. I would rather cut these pictures (with their descriptions) and discard the calendar. These pcitures could be a source of inspiration and knowledge for your kids. SO SAVE THEM :umm: .